• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Survival: Shadows of Katmai |OT| Survival Horror that's worth more than 8/10!

ns5fp.jpg

WHAT: Cabela's Survival: Shadows of Katmai
GENRE: SURVIVAL HORROR
FOR: Xbox 360, Wii, PlayStation 3
WHEN:
(NA) November 1st 2011
(EU) November 18th 2011
(JPN) TBA
HOW MUCH:
$29.99 (Standard Wii Version)
$39.99 (Standard PS3 & 360 Version)
$59.99 (ELITE TOP SHOT WII BUNDLE)
$79.99 (ELITE TOP SHOT PS3/360 BUNDLE)
$199.99 (EPIC WOLF, BEAR, COUGAR EDITIONS)

67jlzs.jpg

Put your survival skills to the ultimate test of manhood in the heart of the hostile Alaskan Wilderness. Survival: Shadows of Katmai puts you face-to-face with the unforgiving forces of nature and God. You’re injured, isolated and stranded with no hope of rescue. Forced to scavenge for gear you’ll confront some of the world’s most dangerous predators – and they’re just as hungry as you are.

Do you have the courage and/or testicles to be the last one standing? Travel through blood-soaked mountains and thick, contiguous forests garnished in entrails in search of shelter. You are being hunted by things that should not be. Battle the frigid elements, relying on primal instincts to find safety and make it out alive. Challenge up to three friends in co-op, hot-seat and head-to-head multiplayer shooting galleries that are probably too intense for fans of military shooters/Uncharted.

YOU ARE LOGAN JAMES - Adventurer, murderer, and all-around bad-ass. While driving a huge plane all by himself, God attempts to stop LOGAN JAMES by throwing a bolt of lightning at him. God failed as Logan immediately crawls out of the burning wreckage...and over the roar of the flames, screams at the sky and swears vengeance.

Media
fa4x6t.jpg

11u8420.jpg

2cf78xy.jpg

21chxeo.jpg

2myrtj6.jpg

21mhsog.jpg

29ft308.jpg

*screenshots do not necessarily reflect the in-game graphics*

TRAILERS:

Survival Shadows of Katmai "Mad World" Trailer.

Shadows of Katmai - GOTY Awards video

1zco8ig.jpg

10/10 - "Every self-respecting gamer should buy it. Multiple copies, even." - Cabelas.com

9/10 - "If my flesh wasn't being digested in the stomach of a grizzly, I would have greatly enjoyed playing Survival: Shadows of Katmai." Doomed mountain-climber.

11/10 - "Gaming for me, is a religion...and Survival: Shadows of Katmai is the SHIT!" - Kanye West

9.9/10 - "GRRRGGGGGRRRRRROOOWWRRRRR." - Bear

30vizhw.jpg

hu4tx2.jpg

5my59i.jpg

2rg00te.jpg

4e6221c232e3153cd05fa5181433f9af1bc840b6.jpg

Girls will be all up ons when they see you driving this!

Can't wait for this game. It sounds badass. I'm #1 in line for it at my library so I'll be able to give a full report as soon as I get my hands on it.

Sophia

Greatest OT or Greatest OT? And I can't believe I'm actually interested in a Cabela game... if only for the potential lawls.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Fine blood spatter work. Very fine. Much enhanced, the images are.

ram

the last cabela games wasnt bad - but this sounds like they are trying to up the whole game. to bad that the top shot controller is like the worst controller in time.

ram said:
the last cabela games wasnt bad - but this sounds like they are trying to up the whole game. to bad that the top shot controller is like the worst controller in time.

Is it? I never got to try it myself, cuz all my local stores were sold out of them when the last game came out.

randomwab

Is it wrong that I'm actually pretty hyped for this? No? Good!

Is this coming out in Europe any time soon? If not, 360 US version region free for importing?

randomwab said:
Is it wrong that I'm actually pretty hyped for this? No? Good!

Is this coming out in Europe any time soon? If not, 360 US version region free for importing?

UPDATED:

SURVIVAL SHADOWS OF KATMAI will be released in European territories on November 18th!

No one should be denied the divine right to survive the slaughterhouse that is the mountains of Katmai.

ram said:
Oh do you have to use that?

randomwab

Criminal Upper said:
UPDATED:

SURVIVAL SHADOWS OF KATMAI will be released in European territories on November 18th!

No one should be denied the divine right to survive the slaughterhouse that is the mountains of Katmai.

Oh my SOLD!

You do not need the TOP SHOT gun shell to play the game, all versions let you play with standard controls.

The PS3 version is MOVE compatible, but not required.

Tizoc

Criminal Upper said:
You do not need the TOP SHOT gun shell to play the game, all versions let you play with standard controls.

The PS3 version is MOVE compatible, but not required.
Excellent. I plan on mentioning this game at another forum, and to hype it up I'll be saying:
"You survived zombies, nightmarish monstrosities, hideious aliens, even dinosaurs, but can you survive against NATURE?!"

Tizoc

Criminal Upper said:
Good on ya!
Is the grammar/word use correct though?
EDIT: Oh and Criminal Upper, I quoted your description of this epic game in a forum if you don't mind ^_^;

Apdiddy

I'm actually somewhat excited for this. Doesn't mean I'll get it though. It could be as surprisingly good as Skylanders is.

If you really frickin' love Uncharted and don't mind playing as Drake's dumb cousin, Survival: Shadows of Katmai sounds awesome.

Boerseun

Banned
This looks interesting. I'm considering getting the PAL Wii version. As noted, it releases on 18/11. I'll make it a day one purchase if I can find it for 30 euros or less.

Honestly if you gave me a choice to play this or Uncharted 3 right now, I'd pick this. I'm sure overall U3 will be the "better" game, critically speaking, but this looks a lot more interesting.

Criminal Upper said:
I kinda liked that game.
I liked it in concept but it was so linear, and you basically always had to do the same stuff (set up camp etc) in the same places every time. The QTE's were nasty too.

In theory a game based on survival in the wilderness COULD BE AMAZING if done right. I think it would need to be open world, or at least have huge areas that aren't completely linear.

Top Bottom