• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Survivor 32: Kaôh Rng |OT| Anything that can Kaôh Rng, will.

I mean...I'd be very surprised if he didn't have an idea of how eating that meat would affect hid body. If Cydney knew from earlier this season then he must've known too, right?

It's definitely one of those things that happens on this show regularly enough that he should've had some idea. And even if he didn't, it should be common sense that if you live on rice and beans for five weeks, you don't gorge yourself at the very first chance you get.

Joeys_Rattata

Neo Member
Final 3 confirmed. If it was Final 2 Tai would still be able to play his idol at 4.

The last time Tony could play his in Cagayan was Final 5. The idol in Micronesia expired at final 5 too, but it never aired because Amanda used it at the final 6 and Parvati didn't feel like looking for it when she found out it was rehidden.

Cydney is kinda evil. She knew what would happen, and she didn't warn him.

She is also a bit two-faced, now crying in front of the camera because Joe is leaving.
She didn't know he was gonna be in pain like that, I think she thought he was gonna have to shit a lot since you haven't had food like that in close to awhile and now your putting it back in your system. Happens time and time again during survivor.

kirblar

She didn't know he was gonna be in pain like that, I think she thought he was gonna have to shit a lot since you haven't had food like that in close to awhile and now your putting it back in your system. Happens time and time again during survivor.
Yeah, usually you puke or crap it out really badly (like Stephen last season.) Clogs aren't normal.

Hopefully Joe's ok. Sad way to leave. The meat on that reward challenge looked delicious. Wondering if the idol is worth anything outside the game?

Parch

I thought Mark would disappear into the woods as soon as he was untied. I obviously know nothing about chicken behavior. Smarter to hang around the humans instead of ending up snake food.

Lesson of the episode for the human folk... eat your fiber boys and girls.

It does feel like Aubrey will win, doesn't it? Well, she does deserve it, given how much she's done, how much she's played and how she's gone from being on the bottom to being at the top at times.

Tai screwed too many people over to win, although he could get credit for that depending on the personalities.

Michelle was always likeable, but coasted more than the others. I don't see her winning.

Cydney has a chance, though.

I liked this episode, as I've liked all of them. Though, to a varying degree. You can't rest your laurels on anything, because the unexpected usually happens in this season. It's been a good one.

Poor Joe, though. Cyd really should have warned him.

BowieZ

Banned
Michelle was always likeable, but coasted more than the others. I don't see her winning.
It's rather annoying that Neal's medevac foiled Michele's big move at the merge, completely saving Aubry's game. And if given an extra day or so of scrambling, Michele could have easily cemented her working relationship with Tai and made a big move to break up Joe and Aubry.

It's a bit unfair to say she coasted through given her circumstances, and having not even gone to Tribal for 22 days.

Michele has certainly articulated that she needs to have 'something to say' at the end, on her resume. She has two chances to make moves before the end, otherwise she's really going to have to exaggerate her social game to the jury.

It's rather annoying that Neal's medevac foiled Michele's big move at the merge, completely saving Aubry's game. And if given an extra day or so of scrambling, Michele could have easily cemented her working relationship with Tai and made a big move to break up Joe and Aubry.

It's a bit unfair to say she coasted through given her circumstances, and having not even gone to Tribal for 22 days.

Michele has certainly articulated that she needs to have 'something to say' at the end, on her resume. She has two chances to make moves before the end, otherwise she's really going to have to exaggerate her social game to the jury.

True

I forgot about her plan. My memory isn't that good. But she hasn't done as much as the other two (Tai or Aubrey).

I think the show will have to lay on a Michelle winner's edit pretty thick in the last episode if she wins, because while I see her as a deserving winner who has played a good game, I don't think the editing has done a great job at showcasing her, and a Michelle win would be the least satisfying for the average viewer compared to the other 3 that are left. Unless she's in a final 2 with Tai, I mean that one's obvious lol.

BowieZ

Banned
I think the show will have to lay on a Michelle winner's edit pretty thick in the last episode if she wins, because while I see her as a deserving winner who has played a good game, I don't think the editing has done a great job at showcasing her, and a Michelle win would be the least satisfying for the average viewer compared to the other 3 that are left. Unless she's in a final 2 with Tai, I mean that one's obvious lol.
I totally agree with you. I think we're meant to want Aubry to win at this point, which means some serious betrayal is going to have to go down in the finale for that to change. I was expecting Aubry's anxiousness to ramp up by now (it has a little but not much), but her touching scene with Tai seems to suggest she's in a pretty good position.

My only guess is that Aubry makes a big move against Cydney at F4... but Michele wisely suggests to Tai that she did this because she knows she can beat him at FTC, not because of their kinship... so Michele successfully convinces Tai that voting out Aubry is their last chance that either of them have to win (and presumably Michele goes on to win that). However, I actually can see Aubry struggling to proudly justify her betrayals in the face of the jury's criticisms, so I wouldn't be surprised if Michele (or Tai?) realise that they actually do have a shot to beat her at the end, much to the audience's shock.

But if Aubry does lose, how they choose to frame it so that we are happy with her losing, in such a short TV timeframe, is going to be interesting.

However, they did this just one season ago, when they suddenly made Spencer unlikeable at the penultimate Tribal Council!

ReAxion

Cydney can see the lines of code in the matrix, man. She knew Joe was going out, she spied Aubry and Tai buddied up. She sees all.

kirblar

Some spec on Reddit regarding the 20th player on S33 that I actually think nailed it:
Latrell Sprewell was chatting up the S32 folks on twitter all season, and has now deactiavted his account there. He even mentioned to Tai that he was "taking notes."

Chris R

No. Jeff stated they're never doing it like that again.

They just need to tweak it so there are multiple stations the bags are at. One close, on medium, one far away

Keep refilling the far one over and over, letting someone run out there to get extra bags if need be.

BowieZ

Banned
There is no way Aubry loses a jury vote. If she's not the winner it's because she gets voted out.
Totally disagree! People will feel betrayed by Aubry and she's going to get rattled at FTC. Emotional super-strategists lose. It's happened many times before. Last season they didn't earn a single vote.

My guess, if it's Aubry+Michele F2, as a worst-case for Michele:

Michele: Cydney, Julia, Nick, and Jason+Scot, who like strong independent women and Michele wanted to work with them

Aubry: Joe, probably Neal, maybe Debbie, but for some reason I doubt it -- and possibly Tai if he doesn't get betrayed but I can't imagine he won't feel betrayed?

wachie

Totally disagree! People will feel betrayed by Aubry and she's going to get rattled at FTC. Emotional super-strategists lose. It's happened many times before. Last season they didn't earn a single vote.

Michele: Cydney, Julia, Nick, and Jason+Scot, who like strong independent women and Michele wanted to work with them

Aubry: Joe, probably Neal, maybe Debbie, but for some reason I doubt it -- and possibly Tai if he doesn't get betrayed but I can't imagine he won't feel betrayed?
Agree, Aubry is the second worst player after Tai.

Spencer didn't lose because he was emotional. He lost because he was emotionless.

Aubry feels like she has a lot more in common with folks like Todd or Cochran than with Spencer.

As far as those predictions. Well, Jason praised Aubry a lot in the game, and nothing about Scot really indicated that he would vote for a floater over the big strategist. They wanted to get Aubry out because they saw her as a threat. Same goes for Cydney.

Cromat

Aubry played a great game and I'm almost certain she will win if they let her get to FTC.

She managed to outsource her betrayals to other people - first Cydney, then Tai. She isn't the most sociable or charismatic person, but she earned everyone's respect. Let's look at the jury:

Neil - probably votes for Aubry
Nick - Up for grabs
Scot - betrayed by Tai and Cydney, has shown respect for Aubry before
Jason - same
Julie - Up for grabs but probably won't vote Aubry over Michelle and Cydney
Debbie - betrayed by Aubry and Cydney, so she might not vote for either. On the other hand, she seems like someone who won't hold a grudge and has said she wants a woman to win. Up for grabs in FTC.
Joe - votes Aubry even if she isn't in FTC

Last jury - if it's Cydney, she'll probably vote Aubry because she is a good sport. If it's Michelle, Cydney gets her vote. If it's Tai, again Aubry takes it.

I don't see anybody beating Aubry's odds at this point. Maybe a stellar FTC showing by Cydney/Michelle and a disaster by Aubry could upset it, but I don't think either one has shown incredible oratory skills. Cydney is super cool but tends to be blunt. She won't do the ass-kissing part of FTC well. Michelle has played super under the radar and will have a tough time defending her moves, in particular when Julie tears her open about her betrayal of her (Michelle will probably structure her pitch around loyalty, which is always dumb and unsuccessful). Tai betrayed too many people and is basically blocked out of winning as far as I can see.

If Cydney and Michelle don't join forces to get rid of Aubry, she wins.

llehuty

Joe - votes Aubry even if she isn't in FTC
Hahahahahah, this got me.

Overall, I agree with everything you have said. Aubry wins this if she gets to FTC.

I'm curious about how the next vote is going to work out. That last immunity is key.

Also, I'm wondering why they are keeping under warps if it's going to be final 3 or final 2.

BowieZ

Banned
Also, I'm wondering why they are keeping under warps if it's going to be final 3 or final 2.
They always keep F2/3 under wraps for the players (until they figure it out based on days remaining or Jeff's challenge language) and don't ever publicly announce it for whatever reason, however the preview ad for next week definitely confirms how many Tribal Councils there will be.

It's a F

Spencer didn't lose because he was emotional. He lost because he was emotionless.

Aubry feels like she has a lot more in common with folks like Todd or Cochran than with Spencer.

As far as those predictions. Well, Jason praised Aubry a lot in the game, and nothing about Scot really indicated that he would vote for a floater over the big strategist. They wanted to get Aubry out because they saw her as a threat. Same goes for Cydney.
Spencer and Tasha both had pretty poor reputations after the game as well. Spencer in particular was basically viewed as an arrogant prick by some. I think their edit made them look a little better socially than they really were.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Some spec on Reddit regarding the 20th player on S33 that I actually think nailed it:
Latrell Sprewell was chatting up the S32 folks on twitter all season, and has now deactiavted his account there. He even mentioned to Tai that he was "taking notes."

He is going to choke out so many people.

Spencer and Tasha both had pretty poor reputations after the game as well. Spencer in particular was basically viewed as an arrogant prick by some. I think their edit made them look a little better socially than they really were.

All the 'I'm social' content from Spencer came from primarily two people, Shirin and... Spencer. He'd go to Kelley to say she had a shot at staying and then go on to pull that stunt of 'poisoning the jury' on the F4 tribal.

Michele at least got her scene with Tai, which shows she isn't all talk, and Aubry's got a LOT of scenes about how she actually has emotion and how people respected her as a competitor, but Spencer's edit was mostly him feeding into the season theme, telling instead of showing, imo. Interviews with the jury post-game make it seem like Keith, Kimmi, Kelley also beat the two with comfort, that Tasha would beat Spencer on a F2, and that it would be a hard choice/close call if Abi got to the end. They MIGHT be downplaying Aubry's impact on hurting other people (like Joe said on the RC) to build her into a favourite and potential returnee, tho, but that'd just be a be an unsatisfying ending for me.

kirblar

Spencer made the mistake of mixing the social stuff INTO his gameplay and leveraging it (instead of using it as social lubrication) -he took the advice of other people but implemented it wrong and basically pulled a B. Rob in All Stars.

So guesses for finishing order tonight? My guess is:
4th: Cydney
3rd: Tai
2nd: Aubrey
1st: Michelle

Possibly reverse 3rd and 2nd for a Michelle slam dunk. I'm afraid even if Aubrey gets there, she will Amanda herself in front of the jury :(

vypek

So guesses for finishing order tonight? My guess is:
4th: Cydney
3rd: Tai
2nd: Aubrey
1st: Michelle

Possibly reverse 3rd and 2nd for a Michelle slam dunk. I'm afraid even if Aubrey gets there, she will Amanda herself in front of the jury :(

Was talking to someone at work about this. I would switch 1st and 2nd place. I wish Cydney would win or make FTC but I don't see it happening

Was talking to someone at work about this. I would switch 1st and 2nd place. I wish Cydney would win or make FTC but I don't see it happening

Yeah, I love Cydney, but the only way she reaches FTC is winning immunity, or she's an easy boot :( Aubrey could still win (she has by far the best edit), but it depends on her jury performance/whatever the "didn't see that coming" twist they're advertising is.

vypek

Yeah, I love Cydney, but the only way she reaches FTC is winning immunity, or she's an easy boot :( Aubrey could still win (she has by far the best edit), but it depends on her jury performance/whatever the "didn't see that coming" twist they're advertising is.

Very true. And I'm curious if it will be a legitimate twist or something like last second blindside instead

BowieZ

Banned
Can't effing wait. I don't even know who to pick to win.

Aubrey, maybe. Perhaps Michelle. Tai probably screwed too many people over.
I do wonder whether Tai actually wins this season and the show has over-edited Aubry and Michele and Jeff has under-hyped it to try and completely throw everyone off.

No-one is expecting a Tai win. It would be a sensation if he did though.

Top Bottom