• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Survivor 32: Kaôh Rng |OT| Anything that can Kaôh Rng, will.

Remember back in the first half of the season when we were all saying "Tai looks good, but no way the other players will let him get to the end"? And now we're sitting here asking "will Tai get one vote?"

Like I've said before: one of the best single-season arcs ever.

So who's going to be this season's bitter juror?

BowieZ

Banned
I'm really excited because obviously Aubry is winning now, so that means the editors deliberately crafted a misleading winner edit in Michele. Not even a beat-you-over-the-head one like they used to (e.g. Marcus, Russell then Mick, or even Spencer from last season)...

But a subtle one that had no flaws, the perfect season-long structure, with content that had no purpose other than to go to great lengths to kindly and gently explain why someone didn't do enough to win, rather than just not show much of it, or show why they lost.

It's so weird, but I love it.

I'm really excited because obviously Aubry is winning now, so that means the editors deliberately crafted a misleading winner edit in Michele. Not even a beat-you-over-the-head one like they used to (e.g. Marcus, Russell then Mick, or even Spencer from last season)...

But a subtle one that had no flaws, the perfect season-long structure, with content that had no purpose other than to go to great lengths to kindly and gently explain why someone didn't do enough to win, rather than just not show much of it, or show why they lost.

It's so weird, but I love it.

...no. I think the Michele winner's edit was something only you saw.

No, it's definitely there. Sucks has been unbearable because a decent edit has grown into 'ironic fandom' as people kept complaining that Michele wasn't doing anything with one of the best edits of the girls early on.
I didn't think it was as big as BowieZ, but she was a contender, yeah.

kirblar

The negativity in the F6/5 eps was a huge tell- the editors were shading Michele to prime the audience to dislike her.

The problem is that people saw a Sophie/Natalie W style edit in a season with a Tony/Natalie/Mike style winner.

Aw, I hoped Julia was going off on her ally.

No, it's definitely there. Sucks has been unbearable because a decent edit has grown into 'ironic fandom' as people kept complaining that Michele wasn't doing anything with one of the best edits of the girls early on.

That's why you avoid Survivor Sucks at all cost. Nothing good can come from reading too much of what they have to say.

What? Look anywhere outside this thread and everyone thought it was all on Michelle to win.

Really? I get all my Survivor fill from this thread, and the EW recaps. I didn't see the Michelle edit that so many people apparently did.

Aw, I hoped Julia was going off on her ally.

That's why you avoid Survivor Sucks at all cost. Nothing good can come from reading too much of what they have to say.

It's not just sucks, look at past players, listen to podcasts almost everywhere was saying this was Michelles win and were excited go see how Aubrey could possibly lose.

The negativity in the F6/5 eps was a huge tell- the editors were shading Michele to prime the audience to dislike her.

The problem is that people saw a Sophie/Natalie W style edit in a season with a Tony/Natalie/Mike style winner.

The scene where they showed her resting her head on Julia while Aubry was off changing the vote (and then repeated the scene in the recap) made it clear that she wasn't going to win. They would never put a scene like that in (twice) for a winner.

Grexeno

Holy fucking shit this is literally the best jury performance of all time from Aubry.

Like absolutely flawless, and she didn't even really need it.

Aubry giving a really impressive performance. Owning her big moves, and undermining everyone else.

It's not just sucks, look at past players, listen to podcasts almost everywhere was saying this was Michelles win and were excited go see how Aubrey could possibly lose.

I think that's too much meta-reading of the game. People overthought it.

Velcro Fly

her entire narrative is winning the final immunity, backing the wrong person at the final vote, and winning a virtually meaningless challenge to vote out a jury member.

Like I said, I only follow Survivor through this thread, and the consensus here -- as far as I saw -- was that Aubry was the apparent winner.

Even there I think your playing fast and loose with 'consensus'. There was a flip in the last couple episodes but there was quite a lot of talk of an obvious Michelle win pretty early on for a while.

Kifimbo

Oh well, Aubry is actually a very deserving winner, because she's a great player. But her win is tarnished by that stupid twist. She lost that final challenge and she should have been a jury member.

Grexeno

I pegged Aubry as the winner after her Oregon Trail confessional after Neal was pulled. And in the end, Oregon Trail describes her edit to a T. Hell, she even had her friends die of dysentery!

I pegged Aubry as the winner after her Oregon Trail confessional after Neal was pulled. And in the end, Oregon Trail describes her edit to a T. Hell, she even had her friends die of dysentery!

Yeah, ever since the Oregon Trail confessional, and then her massive tears over losing the reward in the next episode I had her pegged as the winner.

Top Bottom