• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Survivor 32: Kaôh Rng |OT| Anything that can Kaôh Rng, will.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Brawn showed who they really were and lived up to their name by casting out the weakest member... Oh wait!

Grexeno

That vote in a nutshell:

oeH8FAM.gif

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, that's such a puzzling choice. He fucked up bad, but Alecia doesn't seem like she offers the tribe anything.

Possibly over thinking for merge already?

I really have no clue, but I hope Alecia brings more fire. Darnell was kind of boring at tribal, but he didn't have much of a play.

They made the wrong choice. Darnell fucked up, yes, but Alecia is dead weight and is far from the mental giant that she claims to be. Not to mention annoying.

That marker thing was fucking hilarious.

Anna and Julia look great out there, and are good eye candy, as is Liz. I also like the bounty hunter, the NBA player, Tai and I guess Caleb.

I can't stand Debbie, or Nick, both of whom are incredibly full of themselves and annoying.

Neal may turn out to be someone I like.

kirblar

Fauxbama is not going to last in this game. He might go deep, but just from the way he talks about stuff he's going to get cut easily at some point, and will never win.

BTM

Solid premier. Seems to be some solid cast members this year. Not sure how much longer I can watch Debbie though.

Koomaster

So I'm not super familiar with Survivor procedure but why was medical not called for the girl with the ear bug? I mean, calling medical doesn't mean you immediately go home, they can bring a doctor out to look in her ear and make a call then. Probably some sort of liquid they could pour in to get it out honestly.

I guess she was lucid and so production didn't call anyone in, but that seems like something you don't mess around with. Her ear was fucking bleeding. I don't care if she didn't call medical for herself; as production I think they should have sent someone to look at her anyway.

I've seen Monsters Inside Me; I'd be freaking out even after it wiggled it's way out of my ear. Who knows what kind of diseases it had. I also wouldn't have squished it. Again give it to medical to check out and make sure it doesn't contain parasites and junk.

As to the rest of the episode, who was the casting agent for the 'Beauty' tribe. Like seriously? And Brawn is a dumpster fire after that first tribal. Go Brains!

So I'm not super familiar with Survivor procedure but why was medical not called for the girl with the ear bug? I mean, calling medical doesn't mean you immediately go home, they can bring a doctor out to look in her ear and make a call then. Probably some sort of liquid they could pour in to get it out honestly.

I guess she was lucid and so production didn't call anyone in, but that seems like something you don't mess around with. Her ear was fucking bleeding. I don't care if she didn't call medical for herself; as production I think they should have sent someone to look at her anyway.

I've seen Monsters Inside Me; I'd be freaking out even after it wiggled it's way out of my ear. Who knows what kind of diseases it had. I also wouldn't have squished it. Again give it to medical to check out and make sure it doesn't contain parasites and junk.

As to the rest of the episode, who was the casting agent for the 'Beauty' tribe. Like seriously? And Brawn is a dumpster fire after that first tribal. Go Brains!

I think they need to ask for it, because it could take them out of the game. Or, at least that's what I surmise from having watched several seasons. That is, of course, unless it's really severe.

I'm surprised they weren't called, too. Good thing it came out.

The casting is weird, too. There's one person that doesn't fit in with at least two of the tribes, making them candidates for an early ejection.

ironmang

Interesting first episode. Nobody really stands out as a potential winner yet. If I were pressed to pick someone now I'd probably go with Jennifer. She seems very likable and Jason seems like the perfect kind of person to align with to draw some heat off of her during early merge.

Just starting... Why does Nick think he's beautiful? #buthisface

Really no attractive dudes this season... :(

Ever heard someone say "they looked better from far away"? Now imagine Nick and his tiny dome looking into a mirror.

ya that was lame and I should feel bad

Ochre

Neo Member

I'd put money on the fact that medical did have a look at her and they just didn't show it. Producers on the beach would've radioed back to medical at the very least to check it wasn't an issue.

flyover

I'd put money on the fact that medical did have a look at her and they just didn't show it. Producers on the beach would've radioed back to medical at the very least to check it wasn't an issue.

Yeah, for all we know, they put some alcohol or peroxide in her ear, and that's what caused the thing to climb out right when her tribemates were there to look at her ear.

Probst on calling medical and the literal earworm:

Q: What exactly is the Survivor protocol for when someone has a bug enter their ear and start rooting around their head? Was the medical department consulted at all when Jennifer was experiencing that massive pain?
Probst: Yes, our medical team was aware. They knew she thought she had something in her ear, but as you saw on the show, it was inside her ear canal so there was no easy way to get it out. Had it become a life-threatening situation then she would have been taken out of the game. Our protocol is this: We will not help any player in a way that gives them any kind of an unfair advantage. So if someone is dehydrated, we can’t give them electrolytes and an apple. That wouldn’t be fair to other contestants. But lancing a boil or giving a contestant some wraps to put on a sunburn is acceptable. In this case I would have said that if they can get the worm out easily to go ahead and do it. Fortunately, that little sucka came out on it’s own and of course.… we got the shot!

What are the things they get in that medikit again? Sunscreen, condoms, and...there was one other thing, right?

I remember on Cochran's second season on the show, he did a horrible job applying sunscreen, so he had these weird, streaky burns all over the top half of his body.

What are the things they get in that medikit again? Sunscreen, condoms, and...there was one other thing, right?

I remember on Cochran's second season on the show, he did a horrible job applying sunscreen, so he had these weird, streaky burns all over the top half of his body.

Pretty sure they also get hand sanitizer and stuff to clean glasses.

llehuty

Really solid episode. And the edit was very ballanced, gave a chance to see almost all of them doing something.

"I'm not using the saw."

*ineffectively hammers bamboo with hatchet*

This was just too funny. Bains tribe fails, always delivering the laughs.

Haha, they get condoms? I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but I am.

kirblar

How could they keep the bimbo.

I don't like any of these people already.
Per social media, they were playing the late game early- he was "too likable'.

It's the exact thing that screwed up the Brains tribe early in BBB1 - that first vote was a disaster.

Per social media, they were playing the late game early- he was "too likable'.

It's the exact thing that screwed up the Brains tribe early in BBB1 - that first vote was a disaster.

Wow, that is really dumb. That's just a terrible idea to be having on Day 3 or whatever.

UberTag

Wow, that is really dumb. That's just a terrible idea to be having on Day 3 or whatever.
Frankly, you want likeable allies in Survivor. They'll help sell your case to other tribes at the merge and get them working with you. Ditto if there's a twist. Plus, he had a solid bond with Cydney that could have been leveraged for numbers after a swap. Instead they kept a useless rat who overestimates herself, has no loyalty and will be incredibly volatile. Beauty just needs to get Caleb to make goo-goo eyes at Alecia and you're screwed.

Playing the late game prematurely never works out in Survivor. It's an even more absurd thing to do when you're on a tribe with low numbers to begin with. You've set a dangerous precedent for the next tribal council for someone to get rid of you for a stupid reason.

kirblar

If you're Stephen, you need a JT for most of the game.

It's ok to play "end game" survivor ON disaster tribes. But not at the start before you've become one.

vypek

Were those trees not dead? I thought he was pulling dead trees cause he thought they were out of place or something

Top Bottom