• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sweet Jesus, Boll did it again (Bloodrayne movie trailer)

Oh god, it looks like a lost episode of Xena: Warrior Princess performed by a high school drama club. Who the hell let this guy make movies?

Way to follow-up any possible momentum from Kill Bill, Michael freakin' Madsen. :(

AniHawk

I can't see the trailer (since WMP + Mac = Day After Tomorrow on a computer), but I can only imagine what levels of crappiness this movie is already in.

aku:jiki

Hey now... That's not so bad. I was expecting HOTD level here. Maybe I'm just saying that 'cause Madsen is in it and that's gonna rock.

But what's up with the medieval setting? I haven't played the games but don't people always say Rayne is all about killing nazis?

AniHawk

aku:jiki said:
Hey now... That's not so bad. I was expecting HOTD level here. Maybe I'm just saying that 'cause Madsen is in it and that's gonna rock.

But what's up with the medieval setting? I haven't played the games but don't people always say Rayne is all about killing nazis?

Prequel?

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
He must be the most inteligent director ever. I mean, he has tricked Christian Slater, Tara Reid, Stephen Dorff, Kristanna Loken, Ben Kingsley and Michelle Rodriguez to appear into his movies. He must possess some ninja persuading skills.

aku:jiki said:

Rayne was born in 1932. It's a prequel to the games.

Rayne.jpg

Sigh..With all the money this is costing to make all they could come up with are police sticks with blades on the end.

This is the same trailer you get when you beat Bloodrayne 2. So terrible (the trailer, the game is cool).

Trevelyon

Funky Papa said:
He must be the most inteligent director ever. I mean, he has tricked Christian Slater, Tara Reid, Stephen Dorff, Kristanna Loken

I wouldn't necessarily say tricked, actually I bet they jumped at the offer. I mean, what else have they got going for them? except for doing time & snorting coke!

fart said:
how the hell did ben kingsley get roped into this?
I saw the end with Sir Ben, but it just didn't register. It's literally unfathomable. Can knighthood be revoked?

Funky Papa said:
He must be the most inteligent director ever. I mean, he has tricked Christian Slater, Tara Reid, Stephen Dorff, Kristanna Loken, Ben Kingsley and Michelle Rodriguez to appear into his movies. He must possess some ninja persuading skills.
I like to think he has ridiculous amounts of career-damning evidence on each of these actors, because no other explanation makes sense. Aside from fat sacks of CASH MONEY, of course... but these aren't really big budget pictures.

Gregory

Banned
Funky Papa said:

Heh, indeed. This guy is so obviously a hack yet he`s allowed to continue spewing out movies AND get some pretty big actors to star in them too. It`s definitely odd.

You would think after making House of the dead, actors and producers would stay the hell away from him. He must be good friends with someone high up in the hollywood system or something.

Damn, that sucks

How can game developers even give this Arschloch (thats german :D ) right to make movies about there games?
It looks like a goddamn 80's movie.

White Man

Geez, I need to see this! When will we get a qt version or something?

Is it better or worse than the glorious Alone in the Dark trailer?

Any new classic lines?

SKluck

Banned
I saw this when I popped in Bloodrayne 2 (which rocks btw), I don't know how he gets these actors. They have to know these movies will be shit, what is he paying them?

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
I'm not sure how you guys make a good/bad judgement from this... the trailer just looks plain... and tells you absolutely squat about the movie... we just see people swinging swords... getting stabbed....

plain is the best way I'd label it at this point.

Damn. Did anyone tell the executive producers that nobody likes this game? Hello, we got intellectual properties just ripe for being made into movies and what do they do? Go and take a mediocre game and put Michelle Rodriguez in it.

Up next on Boll's video games property to be destroyed list:

Far Cry(which was an awesome game, but a so-so property).
Hunter the reckoning(which is bull crap.).

If somebody offered me to do Uwe Boll movie, I'd say I'd rather hang myself.

The fact that Ben Kingsly and Michael Madsen are in this movie are almost enough to make me go on a murderous rampage.

Thank god I can take my frustrations out in San Andreas.

vangace

what are you fools babbling about, the trailer absolutely tells you nothing about how good or bad the movie is going to be. I am surprised that you make a judgement about a movie on a freaking teaser trailer, geez

vangace said:
what are you fools babbling about, the trailer absolutely tells you nothing about how good or bad the movie is going to be. I am surprised that you make a judgement about a movie on a freaking teaser trailer, geez

If you've played the games, it makes it very obvious that the trailers really f'd up. Everything looks extremely cheap and poorly done (take note of the giant sprays of kool aid blood). Then you throw in Bolls past efforts and it makes it even more obvious where this movie is headed.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
The Bookerman said:
Up next on Boll's video games property to be destroyed list:

Far Cry(which was an awesome game, but a so-so property).
Hunter the reckoning(which is bull crap.).

If somebody offered me to do Uwe Boll movie, I'd say I'd rather hang myself.
Don't forget Fear Effect.

And Dungeon Siege, which he plans to shoot as a two-part feature.
---

This looks so amatuerish. I've worked on films with infinitely smaller budgets that look better than this, while doing similar things.

I can only assume most of the budget went to paying the actors, which would be the only way they could get suckered into this.

Hah, I just read that Loken is signed for a sequel and that the first movie apparently has a "hot" sex scene with her.

Good god, hide the women and children.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Schmo Florez said:
Madsen isn't the most picky script chooser.

He's done quite a few b-movie's in the past.

He is the DRIV3R afterall...

Meier

Sir Ben :( This man is one of the best actors in history and he takes roles like this and Thunderbirds. Tragic.

Madsen's worst

Extreme Honor
Outlaw
Pressure Point
Bad Boys
Fall
Luck of the Draw
Alternate
The Stray
Executive Target
The Sender
Rough Draft
Ballad of the Nightingale
Detour
Species II
Catherines Grove
Surface to Air
The Maker
The Winner
Season of Change
Almost Blue
Trouble Bound
Baby Snatcher
End of Innocence
Montana
Blood Red
Iguana
Shadows On The Storm
Special Bulletin
Against All Hope
Unwatchable
Thief and the Stripper
Last Days of Frankie the Fly
Man With a Gun
Fatal Instinct

I've seen made for USA Network movies look better than this.

I don't even like the game and I weep for the franchise.

White Man said:
Someone help us Mac users!

Umm, guys, you know that there is Windows Media Player for OS X, right?

XS+

Banned
I dunno, what legendary actor hasn't been in at least one godawful movie? It happens to the best of em I guess..

COCKLES

being watched
Somehow I doubt even Bowellmovement could make a movie quite as awful as Species II - that just stank to high heaven.

WarPig

I wouldn't even be that nice to the combat engine.

Sawing limbs off goth kids in the first level is fun, though.

DFS.

WarPig

I watched the trailer, and words cannot express how badly I feel for Ben Kingsley. I mean, just look at the fucking wig they're making the poor bastard wear.

DFS.

Top Bottom