• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment |OT| Now in English | #YOLO - You Only Live Online

antibolo

Banned
Ah so they translated piercing attack (as in, from Asuna's rapier) as penetrating.

On the plus side this makes the above pic all the more funnier, because it implies that
Asuna was doing all the penetrating

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Could be "worse" if they put 突 through google translate would have come out as "collision".

They must have used ”貫通” instead which turns into penetrate.

Yeah there's the "Penetration", which in the context from that screenshot is used as the infiltration/ clearing efforts for each floor, and the "Penetration" rapier skill. I know what they both mean, but it still makes for quite some giggles ahaha. Also tried out one of those bed talks, with Lisbeth more specifically, since she was the first one that I found in town before heading to college lol. I don't think Asuna would approve.

Parakeetman

Yeah there's the "Penetration", which in the context from that screenshot is used as the infiltration/ clearing efforts for each floor, and the "Penetration" rapier skill. I know what they both mean, but it still makes for quite some giggles ahaha. Also tried out one of those bed talks, with Lisbeth more specifically, since she was the first one that I found in town before heading to college lol. I don't think Asuna would approve.

TMX49.jpg

I could see him saying, "But... We were just talking..." LOL Kirito's typical male protagonist aloofness kills me.
Don't you worry Asuna, you shall come next.

Parakeetman

I still need to see how many floors down I can go in that 100 floor dungeon. Im sad the patch made it so less treasures spawn. D: I think Ive been down at least 10 levels so far.

bobawesome

This game looks so much more interesting than the anime (which I absolutely despised). I may have to look into it some more.

TUSR the romancing in this game is nothing near Persona, or even Conception levels I'll let you know that. Not to brag (LOL) but it only took me about 10-15mins to get Lisbeth in bed with Kirito. It's just fan service really, the meat of the game is in the battles. And trust me, you have quite a lot of meat to chew with this one, Aincrad and the Hollow Area, 2 arcs that could very well be released separately, put together.

Just to give you some perspective, you start off on floor 75 in Aincrad and supposedly you make your way up to 100. I'm on floor 78, and I have clocked in 16hrs. Of course I have been doing missions in the Hollow Area too, but since that part of the game is open world, I can't tell you specifically when it ends. I'm on the second major area there.

Parakeetman

TUSR the romancing in this game is nothing near Persona, or even Conception levels I'll let you know that. Not to brag (LOL) but it only took me about 10-15mins to get Lisbeth in bed with Kirito. It's just fan service really, the meat of the game is in the battles. And trust me, you have quite a lot of meat to chew with this one, Aincrad and the Hollow Area, 2 arcs that could very well be released separately, put together.

Its funny how there is an actual chart for all the correct O or R buttons for answers to all of the so called "conversation" topics that appear.

I so want the July patch to take Argo out on adventures. Her VA is awesome. lol.

Wouldn't be surprised if it coincides with the premiere of the SAO II anime and game patch as a way of both promoting the series and catching up to the fan hype.

I balance it all aha. I loot, progress in the story, level up, and romance the waifus. Maybe that's why I'm only on floor 78 at 16hrs. This game is huge.

TUSR

Banned

Just to give you some perspective, you start off on floor 75 in Aincrad and supposedly you make your way up to 100. I'm on floor 78, and I have clocked in 16hrs. Of course I have been doing missions in the Hollow Area too, but since that part of the game is open world, I can't tell you specifically when it ends. I'm on the second major area there.

I actually own persona 4 golden, but have only played like 10 minutes of it. its my first in the series and i couldnt get into it right away...

I think what you just said explains why. P4 takes more than just 10 mins to actually get to the real content. Same could be said for SAO, it took me around 6hrs to be comfortable with everything. And only yesterday, 15hrs in, I found out about how to grind the lower lvl characters on that special floor that Parakeet mentioned. You just gotta stick to it in the beginning, and the payoff is great.

Parakeetman

I actually own persona 4 golden, but have only played like 10 minutes of it. its my first in the series and i couldnt get into it right away...

SAO what might take you the longest is to get used to the battle system as there will be a lot to learn plus understanding how important all the buffs and such are for your character. Once you get that down, things will get a lot easier to play and combat will become second nature. Just dont let yourself get overwhelmed when you see how many skills there are in the game. :)

This is definitely a game that requires a lot of time. It is very gameplay heavy, for me it feels good to just chip away at the game every day for a few hours before bed, since there's just so much to do. You would simply overwhelm yourself if you tried it all aha. I couldn't see myself playing this every day for a whole day straight, as the gameplay I think would get a bit repetitive too. But as a comfort game, for me, it feels perfect. I set a goal for the day, for example clear 1 floor in Aincrad, or obtain enough points to unlock a new skill, etc... After that, I may go to the Hollow Area and explore a bit if I have time. To the people who own the game and are now playing it, how do you do? Same as me?

TUSR

Banned
SAO what might take you the longest is to get used to the battle system as there will be a lot to learn plus understanding how important all the buffs and such are for your character. Once you get that down, things will get a lot easier to play and combat will become second nature. Just dont let yourself get overwhelmed when you see how many skills there are in the game. :)

Those are the types of things that I love. Hype increasing. I need to give Persona another go, Destiny of Spirits is like crack.

Parakeetman

This is definitely a game that requires a lot of time. It is very gameplay heavy, for me it feels good to just chip away at the game every day for a few hours before bed, since there's just so much to do. You would simply overwhelm yourself if you tried it all aha. I couldn't see myself playing this every day for a whole day straight, as the gameplay I think would get a bit repetitive too. But as a comfort game, for me, it feels perfect. I set a goal for the day, for example clear 1 floor in Aincrad, or obtain enough points to unlock a new skill, etc... After that, I may go to the Hollow Area and explore a bit if I have time. To the people who own the game and are now playing it, how do you do? Same as me?

Loot and Level all the time any time. Its basically the same way I play MMOs. Explore, kill things, get loot. lol

Those who are MMO players would feel pretty much at home in this title. At least the battles are action based so it doesnt wind up being just going through the exact same motions with commands based JRPGs and such for example. So adds a bit more tension to the combat. Which is why its always amusing to try and kill things you are not supposed to obviously due to the huge level diff lol. Its most likely why I have some crazy equipment.

Those are the types of things that I love. Hype increasing. I need to give Persona another go, Destiny of Spirits is like crack.

When you get time watch the vids Ive posted through the thread. Should give you a pretty good idea of how crazy the battles may look in terms of the skill menus lol. But its seriously a good time, with constant fighting and seeing if your skills can hold out against multiple enemies / prolonged combat. Or just an overly powerful foe.

Parakeetman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9GwerHColA

Brace_Yourselves_Date_Area_Is_Coming.jpg

Thanks for posting this. That July update is going to be fantastic! Ill most def need to get back to looting and leveling to be ready for those crazy looking bosses haha.

Went and edited out the wedding dress and y shirt DLC picture / dengeki issue swimsuit dlc info and put this video in its place instead under the DLC section of the OT. Should be better anyways considering all the content this shows off. :)

Cant wait to take Argo around with me as a partner character. :D Only downside is shes another knife user. D:

tensuke

i cant wait to waifu asuna and maybe do some battles

Read that as "maybe do some baths". The next few seconds were an emotional rollercoaster.

The engrish translation is pretty funny though. Hopefully they'll have a better job of it in the NA version, but I guess it's still passable. I kind of enjoy the engrish, too, as long as it doesn't impede progress or anything.

It isn't that bad to be honest, my worst fear was that the characterization would be completely gone and that the characters would act like robots, but its nothing like that.
And on that update, this game already has a STAGGERING amount of content and they are adding even more... Great support really, I can see this being my go to game for the next few months. Imagine if they rolled out locations from season 2 of the anime too after that?! At this point, everything is possible right (I didn't even know that u could add content through patches vs DLC).

So I've gotten Silica's Buff outfit and now am working to get her Atk one. I've changed her battle strategy to Attack, and have seen that Atk Action pop up above her name quite a number of times for a while now, but her Atk graph doesn't appear to move much if at all. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
14172964668_1c1153a096_z.jpg

Parakeetman

So I've gotten Silica's Buff outfit and now am working to get her Atk one. I've changed her battle strategy to Attack, and have seen that Atk Action pop up above her name quite a number of times for a while now, but her Atk graph doesn't appear to move much if at all. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
14172964668_1c1153a096_z.jpg

Could be just her attack stats are so obscenely low compared to the support ones that it appears to go nowhere.

Looks like a lot of grinding to do on that for me then.

By the way, are armors that are given to your partner able to be retrieved again or are they lost permanently once you revert to atk/Def/buff/initial equips? Because if it is lost permanently I think I just wasted 3m col. :s

Wait so asuna is a yandere

I didn't know this since I didn't watch the anime but if you want to spoil me on things then

Spoil away spoilers are beneficial to me anyway.

Parakeetman

Looks like a lot of grinding to do on that for me then.

By the way, are armors that are given to your partner able to be retrieved again or are they lost permanently once you revert to atk/Def/buff/initial equips? Because if it is lost permanently I think I just wasted 3m col. :s

Thats a good question.

Wait so asuna is a yandere

I didn't know this since I didn't watch the anime but if you want to spoil me on things then

Spoil away spoilers are beneficial to me anyway.

No its just a joke. :D

Thats a good question.

No its just a joke. :D

Oh man I should have known that mirai Nikki pose is so all over the place I thought it was for real lol

I guess I'm back to being interested in philia
I like this rivalry thing going on and the game starting at epi14 means something happens to her in a few epi If I follow the anime

Will character creation be available on the get go or is it a new game+ thing?

Sorry I'm so in love with character creation that I base my purchases on that mechanic alone lol

Also hanging out with philia as "myself" is also interesting.

Rinaldimanc, you wanna know about her? In the anime, Asuna was actually a really deep character. Before meeting Kirito she gives everyone this image of a strong independent woman, she is a captain of the leading force trying to complete the game.
As time goes on though, she begins to trust Kirito more and more, and when Kirito nearly dies she breaks down and that's when you see the true Asuna,a normal girl with normal feelings. That's also when Kirito confesses to her. After that and taking time off the "Penetrations" effort, they meet Yui, which they both adopt as their child. The rest is history aha.

Hmm oh dear seeing the funny translation makes me kind of regret passing up on this version and instead waiting for the EU one. I'm fine with bad translations aslong as I understand properly what's going on and it seems pretty hilarious :D Especially Silica's "Cloud Control" on the last screenshot too, truly a future-proof skill to control all the clouds :p

Off-topic but where's your avatar from if I may ask? The artstyle seems familiar to me :eek:

Could be wrong but I believe it's from Black Bullet ^

Right that's seems to fit, thanks! :) Now I know where I've seen her before, a friend of mine sent me a message the other day with a promo-poster saying I should check the anime when I can because it's supposed to be really good.

This along with Mahouka, SAO2 and the SAO game translation will make for a awesome summer! :D

Rinaldimanc, you wanna know about her? In the anime, Asuna was actually a really deep character. Before meeting Kirito she gives everyone this image of a strong independent woman, she is a captain of the leading force trying to complete the game.
As time goes on though, she begins to trust Kirito more and more, and when Kirito nearly dies she breaks down and that's when you see the true Asuna,a normal girl with normal feelings. That's also when Kirito confesses to her. After that and taking time off the "Penetrations" effort, they meet Yui, which they both adopt as their child. The rest is history aha.
Oh so this the anime huh its interesting to hear it from a person who doesn't hate it shreds hahah

All the comments I see are so negative

Not a that I didn't watch the anime because of that the genre "people-are-stuck-in-the-online-game-we're-playing-and-if-we-die-we-then-we-die-in-real-life" isnt actually my thing

So yes you can sham me for not watching .hack

I'm such a terrible person.

Parakeetman

Oh so this the anime huh its interesting to hear it from a person who doesn't hate it shreds hahah

All the comments I see are so negative

Not a that I didn't watch the anime because of that the genre "people-are-stuck-in-the-online-game-we're-playing-and-if-we-die-we-then-we-die-in-real-life" isnt actually my thing

So yes you can sham me for not watching .hack

I'm such a terrible person.

But actually .hack was a lot more well done than SAO as it didnt jump all over the place. Folks seem to blame the writer for that with not having known what he wanted to do initially. Since I didnt read the light novels cant give my own personal opinion on it, but judging from the anime and how the first and second half are different do see what people mean.

Character creation is from the start of the game, just dont expect something super complex and its just a male character that you can create / edit. In the game you will still be referred to as Kirito for story purposes.

NesFe

Nice OT !! Sachi lol... T_T.

Anyways, just got the game a couple of days ago, and I'm enjoying it. Decided to go with a two handed axe build and I am currently at Floor 83.

I do have a question about weapons though, Does DPS and damage not matter ? Should I just be interested in Attack stats ? I had an Axe with a high Dps/DMG that I replaced with an Axe that had lower Dps/DMG but higher attack (same for other stats) and It's doing more damage with Burst attacks/skills !
P.S. Two handed Axe is OP.

Parakeetman

Nice OT !! Sachi lol... T_T.

Anyways, just got the game a couple of days ago, and I'm enjoying it. Decided to go with a two handed axe build and I am currently at Floor 83.

I do have a question about weapons though, Does DPS and damage not matter ? Should I just be interested in Attack stats ? I had an Axe with a high Dps/DMG that I replaced with an Axe that had lower Dps/DMG but higher attack (same for other stats) and It's doing more damage with Burst attacks/skills !
P.S. Two handed Axe is OP.

Thanks!

Yeah the DPS stuff you dont really have to worry about as much as long as you have an ample supply of SP. Once that runs out then it comes into play more since you will have to be doing damage with the normal attacks till you get enough SP back to use the sword skills again.

NesFe

I knew it ! Thanks, I cleared like 4 floors with the initial two handed axe. It wasn't untill I tried to sell some weapons that I realized my equiped axe was the cheapest lol.

The Hollow Area events thing is as confusing as hell.

Now after progressing to Floor 81, I find the event for finding the garden in the first area gone (definitely have not done it, so I am not sure why), and now its replaced with finding a suspicious bridge in Sea of Trees area.

...except that when I went to the bridge solo, I don't see an event flag that triggers, only a bridge that has a seal over it so I can't progress any further, and the event is not off the event list so I have no idea what else is needed to trigger it off....

Parakeetman

I knew it ! Thanks, I cleared like 4 floors with the initial two handed axe. It wasn't untill I tried to sell some weapons that I realized my equiped axe was the cheapest lol.

The thing is there will be times when you will need all the damage output possible as your sword skills or EXP supply wont make it in time, therefore DPS though is also good to consider. But generally its the simple idea of higher DPS = good so not really that much thought needs to be put into it lol. Esp if you are with a slower weapon.

The Hollow Area events thing is as confusing as hell.

Now after progressing to Floor 81, I find the event for finding the garden in the first area gone (definitely have not done it, so I am not sure why), and now its replaced with finding a suspicious bridge in Sea of Trees area.

...except that when I went to the bridge solo, I don't see an event flag that triggers, only a bridge that has a seal over it so I can't progress any further, and the event is not off the event list so I have no idea what else is needed to trigger it off....

So you have the correct hollow area unlocked then? Since its saying sea of trees then yeah sounds like the first area.

The event that you missed is the one with Asuna then I reckon? Since thats the event with the garden I think.

Try going back to the bridge with Philia if its the event Im thinking about that might be the issue you are running into? If its the bridge that appears to be going to the 2nd Hollow Area, then yes you would need Philia with you to trigger the upcoming events which will lead to finding out how to remove the seal blocking the bridge.

So you have the correct hollow area unlocked then? Since its saying sea of trees then yeah sounds like the first area.

The event that you missed is the one with Asuna then I reckon? Since thats the event with the garden I think.

Try going back to the bridge with Philia if its the event Im thinking about that might be the issue you are running into? If its the bridge that appears to be going to the 2nd Hollow Area, then yes you would need Philia with you to trigger the upcoming events which will lead to finding out how to remove the seal blocking the bridge.

Yeah the garden one is the one with Asuna.

Tried going back to the bridge with Philia, and yes it works! Now I need to head to the Temple of Offerings for a trial.

I thought every event in Hollow Area is triggered solo, guess I'm wrong there :/

Parakeetman

Yeah the garden one is the one with Asuna.

Tried going back to the bridge with Philia, and yes it works! Now I need to head to the Temple of Offerings for a trial.

I thought every event in Hollow Area is triggered solo, guess I'm wrong there :/

The parts that would move the story forward in the Hollow Area generally are connected with Philia, same goes for the next one too. When I want to move things forward I usually drag her around with me out there.

Though in the 2nd area, I believe that there will be a part of the game where you will have to part ways with her to enter a particular zone solo as a requirement.

Top Bottom