• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment |OT| Now in English | #YOLO - You Only Live Online

I bought the Asian version from Play-Asia. That's the same box art I got, and it isn't reversible.
Weird. Like I said I ordered from there and I got this reversible cover :

14305239322_4d9a5d1aaf_h.jpg

Weird. Like I said I ordered from there and I got this reversible cover :
https://flic.kr/p/nN76gh

Looks nice, I want it too if I'm ordering from there!

edit: did you get the Limited Edition? According to siliconera reversible cover seems to be one of the perks of LE.

I'll edit this comment after taking a pic of the physical cart.

Honestly, if I hadn't gotten it from a reputable source, I would've assumed it was a bootleg copy. May still be for that matter. The quality of the insert and cart label look/feel cheap.

Have you contacted P-A why some get the reversible cover, do 2 versions of the Chinese/English Asia version exist?

Looks nice, I want it too if I'm ordering from there!

edit: did you get the Limited Edition? According to siliconera reversible cover seems to be one of the perks of LE.

Have you contacted P-A why some get the reversible cover, do 2 versions of the Chinese/English Asia version exist?

I did not, no. Maybe it was a first print kind of bonus? I did order it on launch.

The one without the reversible cover is meant for Taiwan/HK markets which is why the logo is in Chinese. The one with the reversible cover is for South East Asia markets where English is one of the major languages. I assume that the reversible cover perk is because SEA regions never had the official release of the Limited Edition for this game (it was for Taiwan and HK only) so it was done to make up for it.

They both are the same game though (they share the same catalog code: VLAS-38052) just different boxart.

I'm going to take a guess and say that it's possible that one of PlayAsia's stock shipment was from SEA regions..which is why some are getting the reversible cover and others are not.

The one without the reversible cover is meant for Taiwan/HK markets which is why the logo is in Chinese. The one with the reversible cover is for South East Asia markets where English is one of the major languages. I assume that the reversible cover perk is because SEA regions never had the official release of the Limited Edition for this game (it was for Taiwan and HK only) so it was done to make up for it.

They both are the same game though (they share the same catalog code: VLAS-38052) just different boxart.

I'm going to take a guess and say that it's possible that one of PlayAsia's stock shipment was from SEA regions..which is why some are getting the reversible cover and others are not.

Well I guess I was just lucky then!

I'll edit this comment after taking a pic of the physical cart.
Edit: Here's my copy. Shown are the reversible covers. Pardon the grainy pics, taken from a Vita.

I did not, no. Maybe it was a first print kind of bonus? I did order it on launch.

Thanks for the pics guys. The reversible cover is cool but the main cover is better imo.

Anyways, are you happy with the English subs? Is the game fully English, not a mix with Chinese?

smenden18

Neo Member

I haven't contacted PA either. I preordered though, so I would have gotten in or any first run perks if that were the case. Awful English translation aside, I'm really enjoying the game.

Translation is hit or miss really, but fully understandable. I find it to be worse during the small talks that the characters have on the field. During the story segments, it's actually OK, which is where it matters.

I haven't contacted PA either. I preordered though, so I would have gotten in or any first run perks if that were the case. Awful English translation aside, I'm really enjoying the game.

Translation is hit or miss really, but fully understandable. I find it to be worse during the small talks that the characters have on the field. During the story segments, it's actually OK, which is where it matters.

But is everything English? The screens on the P-A product page show English and Chinese text mixed.

But is everything English? The screens on the P-A product page show English and Chinese text mixed.

I have the SEA region copy. Everything is in English. Fully voiced during cutscenes from what I see so far. Electronic Manual, a certain leaflet manual included in the package and the voucher for the DLCs.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
How's the english? Bad? Acceptable?

from the asien version? what i have seen it is pretty bad. in europe and australia the game will be out next month and as far as i know with a better translation (tell me if i am wrong)

so maybe it will be out in the us as well?

How's the english? Bad? Acceptable?

Maybe I'm sleepy but it is pretty good so far. There are certain typos, bad grammar lines but I can still understand them. It does not go to the point that it will hinder my understanding and pleasure with the game.
Game world is pretty massive, I'm currently lost in one of the Hollow area maps.

Look at my previous post :p

Sums it up. OK during the VN story (aka anime scenes, 2D portrait scenes), shaky on the field while battling (like the infamous example of Phillia asking if "Attacking more would be more better")

I have the SEA region copy. Everything is in English. Fully voiced during cutscenes from what I see so far. Electronic Manual, a certain leaflet manual included in the package and the voucher for the DLCs.

Good. It's rather confusing because the description and screens at P-A make it seem like the game has mixed English and Chinese text.

smenden18

Neo Member
I'd say the English is really bad throughout. One of the best recurring errors is referring to dungeon exploration as "penetrations." ie "let's continue on with the penetrations." Or "Asuna is really good with the penetrations."

I'd say the English is really bad throughout. One of the best recurring errors is referring to dungeon exploration as "penetrations." ie "let's continue on with the penetrations." Or "Asuna is really good with the penetrations."

" Asuna's favorite skill: Penetration"

Among other gems ahaha!

Sitrus

FOLLOW THIS LINK AT YOUR OWN RISK (no spoilers really, just arc synopsis but still)

http://swordartonline.wikia.com/wiki/Sword_Art_Online_(series)

Looks like I might of gotten it wrong. After arc 3, Phantom Bullet (aka GGO) it's
Project Alicization, not Mother's Rosario, which is Asuna's arc. That one seems to just be a side story from ALO.

I bet they are going for GGO, then Rosario arc since the Alicization arc is quite long and maybe saved for the 3rd season alone. Rosario is kind of a sidestory, but it one of the better arcs there. I like Alicization arc a lot though and that's where the
web novel ends.

antibolo

Banned
I was patiently waiting for the NA release, but you guys are really starting to tempt me into importing the Asian version so I can also partake in the hilarious localization (that will probably be "fixed" in the Western releases).

At this point I already feel like the engrish is part of the game too aha. I play something else and see perfect English, and it breaks my heart... Not enough penetrations LMFAO.

Got the last hit on the floor 100 boss
The Hollow Avatar
but still didn't get the all last attack bonus trophy. Not sure if bugged or
I needed to last hit The Hollow Avatar in floor 98, and Hollow Strea on floor 100 as well

Pretty sure I got the last attack for all the floor bosses that showed the summary screen at the end (even screencap'd all of the summary to be sure). Looks like I have to start climbing the floors all over again :(

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
please dont play games with my heart

Nothing. There is a developer rep that stops by here every once in a while...

You mean community manager. Thats for Europe anyways so its not like it would help those who want the US release date.

Still think it was a bad move not to announce it at the E3 seeing how its not too far from July already.

Man this game is crack. I got myself Wolfenstein, instead of playing it I'm wondering when I should stop so I can go grind my Scimitar LOL. I play something else, the same happens. When I play, all I want to play is SAO. This game is my backlog's worst enemy.

Parakeetman

Man this game is crack. I got myself Wolfenstein, instead of playing it I'm wondering when I should stop so I can go grind my Scimitar LOL. I play something else, the same happens. When I play, all I want to play is SAO. This game is my backlog's worst enemy.

I think a big part of it is that the games system is pretty unique and hits the right notes with the types of players who like character advancement and loot hunting. Asides from exploring the hollow area, which is broken up nicely at times with higher level enemies putting the right amount of a barrier to make the player want to see whats next in that particular area. Also the lure of better treasure.

Since the deaths of the NPCs who are fighting around in the world dont count against your overall death count, you can use them as "safety monkeys" at times if you drag an enemy into them that hits any of the npcs engaging their defensive AI pattern. Only problem is if they get their ass kicked too hard and they try to escape, if you are not pulling enough hate the monster will start to chase them at the same high speed that the NPCs use when fleeing.

Damn Parakeet the more we talk the more you teach me about this game, where do you pull this info from? I love coming here, you give me more and more "toys" to play with ahaha! I really should be giving Hate more importance.

And yes I agree, they got themselves a winner in my eyes with this game. I think I said it before, but I can't remember the last time I actually looked this much forward to playing a game every day, even when I play other games (Persona 3 Portable, if it isn't obvious, was the last game to do this to me).

Parakeetman

Damn Parakeet the more we talk the more you teach me about this game, where do you pull this info from? I love coming here, you give me more and more "toys" to play with ahaha! I really should be giving Hate more importance.

Yeah if you do some crazy things like I have going up against stuff I really should have been out classed by, pulling hate correctly is important. Otherwise usually ends up with your partner getting killed. D:

Also using the skills like switching hate with your partner if they are pulling too much for whatever reason is another life saver.

What amuses me the most with the game is fighting things Im not supposed to be due to a high level difference lol. But this game does allow for you to use your skills to potentially overcome this. The rewards that can be gained from treasure guarded by such encounters is generally worth it also.

Most of this stuff is tactics used from actual MMOs and other stupid things I do in games really. I still want to know if the self EXP boost + Partner EXP boost = more EXP gained for the partner since the EXP funneled from yourself "should" have the EXP boost effect on it would give more EXP towards your partner. I still do it all the time regardless though when leveling weaker partners. The last time I played everyone was around 120.

Oh yeah also if an enemy chases the NPC to the zone border they wont head back to the initial spawn point, so you are better off just leaving the area and coming back. Since they are not considered "dead" they should be back in their initial location when you zone back in. I actually followed NPCs being chased by enemies to see what would happen with the enemy AI. If you leave them long enough the game despawns them from the last location where they chased the NPCs to and will respawn them in their original location, though the counter for that seems to be the same as if you killed them. Also the treasure unlocking flag doesnt seem to become activated even if you kill the enemies you might have missed which are linked with the chest. Thats why just leaving the zone is the best option if the example situation occurs.

This game really can be as deep as you want it to be. I never took things as far as you have, for me my skills are something that I just activate all at the same time ( atk+, def+, etc. all buffed up LOL), and those types of skills I never unlocked because I never really understood what they were for. After your explanation though thhey really do seem invaluable, specially if you are faced with something that you really shouldn't be up against.

Parakeetman

This game really can be as deep as you want it to be. I never took things as far as you have, for me my skills are something that I just activate all at the same time ( atk+, def+, etc. all buffed up LOL), and those types of skills I never unlocked because I never really understood what they were for. After your explanation though thhey really do seem invaluable, specially if you are faced with something that you really shouldn't be up against.

A lot of the other skills and what not are a bit situational, but some are crucial if you intend on doing prolonged fights constantly. Esp the SP max up / regenerate SP skills. Then there are a bunch of others which you would be activating in mid battle to cover for others that have expired and such. Its why generally trying to look at all the passive skills is important. Then deciding what matches your playstyle the best or what you wish to accomplish in the game.

Ive been holding off playing more so can enjoy the game when the huge update hits. That and just am too damned busy with work. D:

Yes SP really is indispensable in this game. Keeping a constant flow of it and burst, or else your looking at your battles drag on and on.
And I feel you, I just got out of midterms, have a week break now to catch up with all me gaming.SAO is gonna get a lot of love. I hope that the patch also drops for the Asian Version at the same time as the JP. Not that I will be able yo access the content because of my levels most likely, but knowing that its there will only get me more hyped aha.

Parakeetman

Yes SP really is indispensable in this game. Keeping a constant flow of it and burst, or else your looking at your battles drag on and on.
And I feel you, I just got out of midterms, have a week break now to catch up with all me gaming.SAO is gonna get a lot of love. I hope that the patch also drops for the Asian Version at the same time as the JP. Not that I will be able yo access the content because of my levels most likely, but knowing that its there will only get me more hyped aha.

Im looking forward to dragging Argo around with me, since love her voice lol. Though shes another dagger user. D: That makes 3 already.

Soi-Fong

I need this game on the PC + Oculus so I can finally be together with my beloved Lisbeth!!! :p

Anyway, can't wait to get this on my Vita!

Shizuka

I need this game on the PC + Oculus so I can finally be together with my beloved Lisbeth!!! :p

Anyway, can't wait to get this on my Vita!

The game's director has expressed interest in developing it for the PS4, maybe they can use Project Morpheus for it.

I asked this question in another thread, but I'll ask here too.

So I just made a Japanese PSN accounts and I have question for importers: Is it generally cheaper to buy PSN store codes or importing physical games? Are there sales for PSN codes ever, like a Black Friday thing? I have a 16 gb card I'm willing to dedicate to Japanese games. I don't really have a preference on digital or physical.

Top Bottom