• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Symphonic Legends Orchestral Nintendo Concert LIVE STREAM | September 23

Ahhhh there it is. Theme of Samus. :D

I'm guessing that other parts were Tourian and maybe Mother Brain? It was really changed up.

Arren

Okay, now the theme of Samus is pretty clear, even though it is intertwined with other sections in quite an original way.

I'm not sure, this suite was certainly bizzarre.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Sorry to say but I think last year's concert is better thus far, it seems like they're spreading it too thin by covering too much

scurker

I liked it, but I think it diverged too far from the original source material. I couldn't actually pick up on anything until the very end.

Arren

Yes, so far Symphonic Fantasies was a bit more immediately enjoyable and intriguing.

But let's wait for Zelda Symphonic Poem. :)

KajunW

I appreciate that they'd try something different with an arrangement, but that was a little bit too liberal for my tastes. May appreciate it more on re-listens, though.

So far, I'm slightly disappointed -- I like the format from last year better (less games, longer medleys).

Mik2121

I know shit about German so I thought he said "Rammstein". Imagining them playing the DKC songs seemed kind of hilarious in my mind...

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I still think it was a neat idea, the thought of making a "real" song and just using Metroid for flavor at certain points, rather than just playing a Nintendo song with instruments. Metroid references (or the lack thereof) aside, I thought the song itself was pretty sweet.

thomaser

Am I the only one who thinks their playing is really messy? Sounds like they didn't rehearse this much at all - sometimes it sounds like half of the performers are off-rhythm. But it's still amazingly cool! Would like to hear this on cd with a much better prepared orchestra.

Haunted

Metroid was relatively disappointing. All about DKC up next.

Aquatic Ambience!

Mik2121 said:
I know shit about German so I thought he said "Rammstein". Imagining them playing the DKC songs seemed kind of hilarious in my mind...
He said the arranger for this next suite has also arranged Rammstein for classical orchestra before. :)

Tathanen said:
I still think it was a neat idea, the thought of making a "real" song and just using Metroid for flavor at certain points, rather than just playing a Nintendo song with instruments. Metroid references (or the lack thereof) aside, I thought the song itself was pretty sweet.

i thought so too, but i'm no metroid fanboy.

wrowa

Mik2121 said:
He did say Rammstein.

The person who arranged the version of DKC arranged an orchestric album of Rammstein or something.

Foxix Von

Yeah I actually loved metroid, but I was disappointed that I couldn't recognize anything. Was sort of maybe hoping for a nod to prime.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Just tuned in and lots of German... DKC mentioned.

I do hope someone recorded this stream, somewhere - just like I hoped someone had recorded the the other series of telecast concerts being done by a European company ... the name of which escapes me. It had an interesting chorus of the DKC theme. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Edit: Netherlands, Games In Concert 3. I wish I had a copy of those recordings.

Arren

You can feel Hamauzu's style all through this piece. It's fabulous.

(Does it show that I admire him unconditionally?)

Top Bottom