• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

T-shirt that Liberals will hate....

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.thoseshirts.com/imaofr.html

imaofr600.gif

*flame on*

Fun Fact about the French

You know that Statue of Liberty? Well they gave it to u, don't u all feel dirty.

They also played a key role in USA gaining independence from the British.

Tbh the rest of the world is laughing at America for being so petty (although with everything else :p )

a192.gif

I was in France for the past five days. Nothing about the place made me, an American, feel uncomfortable. The lies perpetuated by the American right go to show that America, in general, is host to a much more ignorant populace than France.

I don't know why I responded to a post that consists of an image of a t-shirt that says some unfunny garbage.

Iceman

roofles.

I particularly like the cola war occupation bit.

"I was in France for the past five days. Nothing about the place made me, an American, feel uncomfortable. The lies perpetuated by the American right go to show that America, in general, is host to a much more ignorant populace than France."

interesting. using anectodal evidence to support counter stereotyping. its the gaf way.

Sorry, but I read something written by Bill O'Reilly, while I was in France, that allows me to make such generalizations. By American right, I mean the right's figureheads.

It's not my fault the right has such bad spokespeople.

What I don't like is that France's people are targeted in what should be attacks against the country's government. That sort of thing makes no sense to me.

deadhorse32

Bad Art ™
Since I live next to France, speak French and have access to their tv/radio channel. I have the regret to tell you : France don't care and even less hate US. It's not because they don't support you into going into a war without irrefutable proofs that they hate you.

I don't particulary like France but it seems the hate is pretty much coming from the US to France.

And that list was not funny (I don't think you can find older stereotypes)

Dilbert

The shirt was not funny. Also, since when does "liberal" mean "Francophile," or vice-versa?

I swear to God, I need to move out of this fucking country before I lose my mind.

Milhouse31 said:
Since I live next to France, speak French and have access to their tv/radio channel. I have the regret to tell you : France don't care and even less hate US. It's not because they don't support you into going into a war without irrefutable proofs that they hate you.

I don't particulary like France but it seems the hate is pretty much coming from the US to France.

And that list was not funny (I don't think you can find older stereotypes)
I mean, I'm not the best person to talk about how people in France behave. But from what I experienced, everyone I met or talked to was really friendly toward me. And they knew I was an American, because I speak like one and don't know more than a few words of French.

-jinx- said:
The shirt was not funny. Also, since when does "liberal" mean "Francophile," or vice-versa?

I swear to God, I need to move out of this fucking country before I lose my mind.
It's just sad how obsessed most Americans are with how much other countries "hate" America.

I think this may be one of the most intolerant countries in the world.

Leon

mjq jazz bar said:
I think this may be one of the most intolerant countries in the world.

Well, as Al Franken (American comedian) puts it, you're one of the only (if not THE only, cos I can't really find another one) countries who cannot stop reminding yourselves how your country is the "greatest nation in the world".

So, I would say that while intolerant is also true, it's more of an arrogant country than anything else.

Where did you stay in France?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
If by "liberals" you actually mean "people who get out of their basements on occasion", then yes, "liberals" will hate that shirt. :p

Leon said:
Well, as Al Franken (American comedian) puts it, you're one of the only (if not THE only, cos I can't really find another one) countries who cannot stop reminding yourselves how your country is the "greatest nation in the world".

So, I would say that while intolerant is also true, it's more of an arrogant country than anything else.

Where did you stay in France?
Well, Paris, but you know...

I talked to a guy on the flight back who's been there over a dozen times in the past few years, and he said that every experience has been great.

And you're right about America's arrogance. We call the French arrogant, yet are bombarded constantly with the idea that America is God's perfect creation.

Belfast

Sure, French intellectuals have a history of maligning American culture, but so do a lot of people from a lot of different cultures, *including* some from the US itself. But the average French person? This is just unfair and not funny at all.

Rumor has it that the French don't like bathing. This rumor comes from them smelling.

Their language not being quite as effeminate as the would like, they also wear berets.

Yikes. Were those written by a six year old? That's a horrible butchering of the English language.

56% of the "jokes" are about surrendering. Way to tackle an angle that has never been investigated as an avenue of humour regarding the French. Kudos to you, Mr. Conservative Comedian!

Ripclawe

Banned
yah, that wasn't funny, there are better stuff out there, especially concerning algeria, World War II, basic french stuff.

One Liners
France has neither winter nor summer nor morals. Apart from these drawbacks it is a fine country. France has usually been governed by prostitutes. Mark Twain

I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me. General George S. Patton

The French are a smallish, monkey-looking bunch and not dressed any better, on average, than the citizens of Baltimore. True, you can sit outside in Paris and drink little cups of coffee, but why this is more stylish than sitting inside and drinking large glasses of whiskey I don't know. P.J O'Rourke (1989)

You know, the French remind me a little bit of an aging actress of the 1940s who was still trying to dine out on her looks but doesn't have the face for it. Sen. John McCain

You know why the French don't want to bomb Saddam Hussein? Because he hates America, he loves mistresses and wears a beret. He is French, people. Conan O'Brien

I don't know why people are surprised that France won't help us get Saddam out of Iraq. After all, France wouldn't help us get the Germans out of France! Jay Leno

The last time the French asked for 'more proof' it came marching into Paris under a German flag. David Letterman

REPLACEMENTS FOR THE FRENCH NATIONAL ANTHEM:
"Runaway" by Del Shannon,
"Walk Right In" by the Rooftop Singers,
"Everybody's Somebody's" Fool by Connie Francis,
"Running Scared" by Roy Orbison,
"I Really Don't Want to Know" by Tommy Edwards,
"Surrender" by Elvis Presley,
"Save It For Me" by The Four Seasons,
"Live and Let Die" by Wings,
"I'm Leaving It All Up To You" by Donny and Marie Osmond,
"What a Fool Believes" by the Doobie Brothers,
"Don't Worry, Be Happy" by Bobby McFerrin
"Raise Your Hands" by Jon Bon Jovi

Lil' Dice

Banned
Wow, i'm thinking it was written by some redneck militant yokel who proclaims himslef to be a true patriot, all the while waving a confederate flag and calling for all 'niggers' to move back to Africa.....Americans, the rest of the world doesn't "hate" you, it just thinks you're all uncouth and uncultured.....

Lil' Dice said:
Wow, i'm thinking it was written by some redneck militant yokel who proclaims himslef to be a true patriot, all the while waving a confederate flag and calling for all 'niggers' to move back to Africa.....Americans, the rest of the world doesn't "hate" you, it just thinks you're all uncouth and uncultured.....

no we do hate them :p

Saturnman

Banned
How is that t-shirt targeting liberals (American liberals, I presume)?

Should I come up with a t-shirt bashing the Saudis to get at American conservatives?

AntoneM

if the rest of the world doesn't hate America they better wise up. Except for a minority of people in this country, we could give 2 shits about you.

totoro'd

Lil' Dice said:

Talk about stupid generalizations...

Jim Bowie

If by 'funny' you meant 'unfunny', and by 'liberals' you meant 'people that hate dumb shirts', I'll agree wholeheartedly. Until then, I cannot agree with your statement.

Why don't we make a list of all the foods we changed so they won't have foreign names and put them on a shirt?

Freedom Fries, anybody?
Victory Salad, instead of Sauerkraut, yeah?

Kseutron

Ok, i know that i might not be very objective because i'm a french frog, but, really, where is the fun in that ?

i'm kinda disapointed now, i thought i would at least smile cauz i do know that a little of auto-criticism can't hurt ;)

Saturnman

Banned
Kseutron said:
Ok, i know that i might not be very objective because i'm a french frog, but, really, where is the fun in that ?

i'm kinda disapointed now, i thought i would at least smile cauz i do know that a little of auto-criticism can't hurt ;)

french_frog.jpg

Kseutron

u don't get it, we, french people, DEFINE fashion, we are the very essence of it

so if i decide to wear a beret, i'm cool , and the rest of the world is gonna buy tons of berets the next day

(and of course, i'm joking...)

Saturnman

Banned
Do you know whom you are talking to? :p

BTW, the beret thing reminds me of this photo:

171162.jpg

Most Americans don't wear these hats anymore, yet berets somehow stick to the American psyche when looking at France.

Kseutron

to be honnest, when i walk in paris i see more New York Knicks caps than berets

and our young people wear nike clothes, eat at mac donald and listen 50 cent, Britney, Timberlake or the wu tang clan...

funny isn't it ? :D

MC Safety

One of my favorite lines about the French came from former Next Generation editor Aaron "John" Loeb. I'm not sure if he was directly quoting someone, paraphrasing, or using a description of his own creation:

Cheese-eating surrender monkeys, he called the French. Boy! Did he get some angry letters about that in Next Generation.

But I love that line.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Fresh Prince said:
I thought the French won the, 'Yes Iraq never really had WMDs discussion.'

No, you see the American Government was going off of what they thought was good information. So since they're American, despite the way it seems, they still win.
Get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom