• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack |OT| - Indie Action For Vita Launch

kassatsu

Banned
BWByM.jpg

Platy

Looks awesome !

But can you explain better how did you get the dev tools to do it for launch ?
Pretty sure is no wicthcraft, but my brain is having problems on how an independent studio can have those stuff to make a launch game

kassatsu

Banned
Looks awesome !

But can you explain better how did you get the dev tools to do it for launch ?
Pretty sure is no wicthcraft, but my brain is having problems on how an independent studio can have those stuff to make a launch game

They had a PSN game before this and pitched MBA to Sony. Not that hard really :)

It was part of the pub-fund.

Number45

What does the za/ch mean on the leaderboard?

Definitely picking this up, but a little down the line (already too much to play at launch). I really wish PSN would add wish list functionality! :'(

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Is anyone else getting the audio stuttering suddenly? I re-downloaded it last night but haven't tried it yet.

Game seems even better on the Vita than on the PS3. The game play is well suited for a handheld.

BUY THIS GAME PEOPLE, it's only $8!

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I gave it a shot and am genuinely impressed. I wasn't sure what to expect but I recall there being some positive word of mouth for the original and even more positive remarks for this new installment.

First impressions were disappointing simply because it's only 30 fps. For a sidescroller like this I expected 60 (especially after the much more impressive Rayman Origins which runs at 60 despite more complex backgrounds and visual effects). However, the controls are good enough and the scrolling handled well enough that it still manages to feel great regardless.

I think this is now at a competing price point with iOS games and it's much more impressive than just about any recent platformer on that system (outside of, perhaps, Sonic CD). It just looks and feels great.

I tried buying it yesterday via the PSN/SEN store and I got an error as well. Got up this morning and still got that error. :(

Same here. The error seems random, only some people is affected. But, right now, there are no people that had that error that has been able to fix it or avoid it in any way.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
I've read about errors to get this on the Euro (French) Store. Is it fixed now ?

I tried buying it yesterday via the PSN/SEN store and I got an error as well. Got up this morning and still got that error. :(

Same here. The error seems random, only some people is affected. But, right now, there are no people that had that error that has been able to fix it or avoid it in any way.

Ive downloaded it via Vita and tried installing it via PS3 and i keep getting an error saying it couldnt be installed.

Just been on the phone to Sony, apparently the PSN/SEN Monkey uploaded a fucked version, and people will need to be refunded before they can buy it again. Maybe worth a call (UK: 0844 736 0595) to make sure they're alerted to the fact you need to be on that refund train. Kind of a bummer as I really wanted to play this, but I will have to wait for that refund to come in apparently to avoid any account confusion.

Just been on the phone to Sony, apparently the PSN/SEN Monkey uploaded a fucked version, and people will need to be refunded before they can buy it again. Maybe worth a call (UK: 0844 736 0595) to make sure they're alerted to the fact you need to be on that refund train. Kind of a bummer as I really wanted to play this, but I will have to wait for that refund to come in apparently to avoid any account confusion.

Now I understand why a moment ago I went to the shop and I saw that Tales from Space is not market as "bought", and when I try to download again, it ask me to buy it.

The one that is my download list seems to be the same "broken" one. Now I don't know if buying it again and let the refund come later or wait any kind of confirmation that I'll get the refund (but I'm not going to call a UK number that probably will cost me, from Spain, more than the game).

Audioboxer

I simply can't get Tales from Space Mutant Blobs Attack to install, errors on the Vita, won't copy from the PS3 :( UK store.

Takiyah

Install on error... contact sony.

If anyone is having trouble figuring out who to contact (like i was)... you can find your customer support information in the 'About Us' section by pressing 'select' on the store.

Ugh.

Carl

Unfortunately, for *some* of those in Europe who installed yesterday or this morning (Feb 21st, 22nd) they might have run into an install error. If this is the case – you’ll have to contact your regional Sony customer support. Find your appropriate Sony support by:

- Go into the Store on your Vita

- Scroll to the bottom and click on “About Us”

- You’ll go to another screen, click on “About Us” again

- Here you should find information for the Consumer Services Department

Even though the issue was out of our hands, here at DrinkBox Studios we feel REALLY REALLY bad about this. Hope it’s not too much of an inconvenience for you to play Mutant Blobs Attack .

http://drinkboxstudios.com/blog/blog/2012/02/22/install-errors-make-babies-cry/

Audioboxer

Pretty bummed about the error, can't phone Sony now, too late and I wanted to play this tonight/tomorrow on way to Uni.

Sendou

I bought this blindly only because of recommendations and it is indeed a nice game! I encountered a glitch where camera wouldn't move and it got me stuck and that WASN't nice.

Ingram

Bought this game just before and I'm in love with it already. Can't wait to hand it to my GF to play I bet she will love it too.

RoylAsult

Just beat it, awesome game. on an other note:

How the hell do you eat all the escape pods on the last level?... im able to get all the ones except for the ones that come out on the bottom. Is there an easy way and im just missing it.

Top Bottom