• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack |OT| - Indie Action For Vita Launch

bryehn

Great game so far, but on the 2nd level I can't figure out how to climb the mountain of books towards the left, any tips?

Reminds me of Gish (obviously), Fluidity and Katamari. Great way to spend $8, and it's probably my favourite Vita game so far. Love the art, humour and gameplay, good stuff.

Fixed1979

How the holy hell are you guys scoring so high? Is it mostly from speed? I scored 19900 +4230 Time bonus 24,130 total, and besides just going faster I don't know what I'm missing. There's obviously something because I can't absorb the tool box at the very end of lvl1.

kassatsu

Banned
How the holy hell are you guys scoring so high? Is it mostly from speed? I scored 19900 +4230 Time bonus 24,130 total, and besides just going faster I don't know what I'm missing. There's obviously something because I can't absorb the tool box at the very end of lvl1.
It is just time, I think I finished with 20000 pts.

My time was under 2min

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
still waiting for my refund... dunno if I should buy it again in the mean time as I really want to play it! I always hate getting the answer "soon" from anyone in support.

this game is legit. they could've charged $20 for it and i would've felt that it was worth it. but at $8 this is probably the best deal on a game out there

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Does anyone else have audio skipping and just repeating infinitely at random times? It happens without fault everytime I play the game at some point. I can go into the OS but when I come back, it does it again very quickly after. I've downloaded the game twice and it's definitely bad when it happens. Game play is unaffected. Should I be playing this with no apps running or what? I usually have friends and messaging open at all times.

Mrbob

My blob is now innnnnnnnnn spppppppppaaaaaccccccceeee!

Game is a joy to play. Level design is great, with varying things to do. Even using the touch screen to solve puzzles works well too!

I haven't run into any audio issues yet, but I did run into a glitch in the first space level. I couldn't advance anywhere, so I was running around wondering what to do. I then decided to restart the level and realized my blob never grew bigger before! So be wary of this when you play so you don't run around doing nothing like I did for awhile!

Still, amazing game. Might be my favorite launch game overall.

Right. Just repurchased this from EU PSN. Couldn't be arsed to wait for a refund.

I received a mail from Sony Spain saying that they are aware of the error and that they are checking for solutions for the people that bought the game when it was broken, so I should send another mail in a few days...

Now I'm not sure about if buying it again and hope that the solution is a refund and not a download code, or wait a few days.

Carl

I received a mail from Sony Spain saying that they are aware of the error and that they are checking for solutions for the people that bought the game when it was broken, so I should send another mail in a few days...

Now I'm not sure about if buying it again and hope that the solution is a refund and not a download code, or wait a few days.

Someone on twitter emailed them and they said they were working on refunds but didn't know how long they would be.

I didn't want to wait for refund so just rebought it

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Same boat, I just re-bought it as I was fed up waiting and wanting to play it. Guy on the end of the phone said a refund, so that's what I'll be after and chase up next week if it still hasnt happened. Clearly they can see the problem from their end, so refunding me 5 quid shouldnt break the Sony banks.

Great game, absolutely dripping in character.

I didn't care for the demo of the ps3 game back in time. So I was hesitant to buy the vita version but wanted something to play. Mutant blobs attack turned out to be a great purchase. It controls much better and the touch screen puzzles are cool. Not to mention it looks damn good on that OLED screen.

Takao

Banned
Is it even possible to get the gold medal on level 2? I've had scores of 30,000+ and gotten both blobs but have received silver.

Edit: According to the leaderboards I'm ranked 48 on it, what the heck!

Grisby

Easily the best game on the system right now.
Nice to hear. Bought it and haven't had a chance to dig in yet.

I had debated between this and Escape Plan. The lower price, plus more importantly, me wanting to check out TFS; BLob based on Giantbombs quicklook that they did so long ago lead me to buying.

Takao

Banned
Are medals solely based on time? I've gotten gold on every level but Level-2 so far, and it's annoying me! My time is 2:36 with a score of 40, 290... :(

KillerAJD

Just bought this and it's a lot of fun. Looks like it's got a lot of room for replay-ability to beat high scores, which is something a lot of download games seem to have trouble with. It also looks gorgeous on the Vita; I love the art style.

alterno69

Banned
Does anyone else have audio skipping and just repeating infinitely at random times? It happens without fault everytime I play the game at some point. I can go into the OS but when I come back, it does it again very quickly after. I've downloaded the game twice and it's definitely bad when it happens. Game play is unaffected. Should I be playing this with no apps running or what? I usually have friends and messaging open at all times.

I got that today and was really annoyed, restartes the game and that fixed it.

Anyway, my favorita Vita game so far, it's just awesome, love the music, the sound effects and the gameplay is a joy. If this is a launch game i can't wait to see what they can bring in the future, awesome game.

Best word i can use to describe it is "JOY".

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Had my first system lockup with Tales from Space Mutant Blobs :/

C2-12828-1

The game has not had audio glitches for me in the last few sessions but this is the first game to lock up my system. Don't know what's going on with the game but it's obviously not as bad as Unit 13 is hitting some folks.

Kassatsu, is there any way to relay that to the devs?

madmackem

Any news on refunds, seems a bit silly for them to up a full new game which shows as not having bought it instead of just replacing the file. I wanna play this damn you.

W1SSY

Finished the game last night and really enjoyed it. I will probably start going back through trying to get all the blob friends and gold medallions.

Is anyone else getting the audio stuttering suddenly? I re-downloaded it last night but haven't tried it yet.

I've got this audio glitch, too. It makes it really annoying to play. If you pause the game with the PS button, it will restart with the normal music, but seconds later it will get stuck and all you get is a long brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr sound. Any solutions?

I've got this audio glitch, too. It makes it really annoying to play. If you pause the game with the PS button, it will restart with the normal music, but seconds later it will get stuck and all you get is a long brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr sound. Any solutions?

Happened once to me on one of the early bonus levels, haven't had a problem since, oh yea, on some of the bonus levels should the video be distorted, like a broken tv, just making sure its not my Vita.

anddo0

Finally got around to starting this. I'm really enjoying it.

quick question: blob friend in college labyrinth.. how the heck do you get him?

Takao

Banned
ONTARIO GOVERNMENT REDEEMED

Am3u94YCAAAvGT-.jpg

BEST MONEY NOT GIVEN TO DENNIS DYACK AND SILICON KNIGHTS

eznark

Banned
How do you get golds? I completed everything, just need to get the find all dudes and collect all golds trophies.

Grisby

Really awesome game. Got to world 2. The blob's serious face gets me every time.

if you have a vita this is well worth the $8 bucks, crazy.

Bebpo

Banned
Really liking this game.

However, the tilt stages are SO HARD. That first one took me forever. Jeez. Good thing they are optional.

How was their PSN game that came before this?

kassatsu

Banned
Really liking this game.

However, the tilt stages are SO HARD. That first one took me forever. Jeez. Good thing they are optional.

How was their PSN game that came before this?

Wasn't as fast, had to hold a button down to absorb. It's fun though, just not as good as MBA.

Top Bottom