• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Graces ƒ |OT| Gracing the PS3 with the Best RPG Combat

MechaX

Just set foot into Bathus Citadel.

Holy fucking difficulty spike, Batman. The enemies have been manageable on Chaos so far, but some of these fights can get out of hand immediately. I'm quite glad that I got
Sophie back
so I can actually revive on a consistent level again, because Cheria is still absolutely terrible in the AI department (and this is after setting her to heal all of the time, B Artes only, and turning off all of her artes with the exception of Nurse and Resurrection). More often than not, she will either tank a group of enemies or do exactly three backsteps and try to cast a long spell. I try to turn on a shorter healing spell, she will do that spell and only that spell.

But... huh. Dunno if I want to attempt to grind or if I want to try to just tough this dungeon out at the expense of my life bottles. It doesn't help that turning down the difficulty doesn't help too much because my party can essentially steamroll through everything on Evil and lower at this point.

Sagitario

Yeah, at first Bathus Citadel enemies can be hard and annoying.

The one enemy I have constantly hated during the whole game is the bow robot and all of its variations. The female humanoids come in close second.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Just set foot into Bathus Citadel.
Bathus Citadel is the worst dungeon in the game. :|

I hate that place. I've played through it three times on vanilla playthroughs, and I disliked it during all three.

And yep, it does feel like a difficulty spike. B-Artes like Infernal Torrent are your friends, and I did notice that Hubert died and died and died during that dungeon.

Sagitario

Anyone has a list of the definitive/best weapons and armors for each character?
I use Excalibur, Dragonbone Darts, Dragon's Tooth, Bahamut's Tear and [don't remember the name of Sophie's guantlets] and the jewel vestments. All of them are tempered to +20~25.
So, it's hard to know if new weapons are better cause I don't know the base stats of the ones I have been using.

What a weird way to spell "Wallbridge Ruins" :\
The music, the art, the architecture, the "roads", the gimmick, the amount of times you have to visit it, how you are blocked if you don't remember the last exit you used... so awful and horrible and easily the worst.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Anyone has a list of the definitive/best weapons and armors for each character?
I use Excalibur, Dragonbone Darts, Dragon's Tooth, Bahamut's Tear and [don't remember the name of Sophie's guantlets] and the jewel vestments. All of them are tempered to +20~25.
So, it's hard to know if new weapons are better cause I don't know the base stats of the ones I have been using.
I get lost in Wallbridge all the time. :/

The "best weapons" are the ones you'll find in the Zone Cage. Basically, you need to find the jewel in the Zone Cage (and this is entirely random; you find them in random treasure chests and it's based on the difficulty you're on--higher difficulty = better treasures), and then synthesize it with each character's starter weapon to get their ultimate weapon.

So...
Asbel: Disintegrator = Enasphere + Long Sword
Sophie: I forgot = Diosphere + Iron Gauntlet
Cheria: Solbrights = Tesserasphere + Slow Knife
Hubert: Sevenstar Dualblade = Trisphere + Rune Dualblade
Pascal: Staff of Expiration = Steel Shotstaff + Eksisphere
Malik: Elite Demonblade = Steel Bladerang + Pentasphere

But... I like to stick with the cameo weapons (ex: Radiant Howl, Brave Vesperia, etc.) because I like to use Accel Mode a lot... and, uh, they look cool with the characters' formal wear (in the future arc, I equipped everyone with their formal wear because time had passed and I wanted them to look more sophisticated...). It really depends on your playstyle, tbh.

I usually had everyone equipped with the jewel vestments and a good gem that likely boosted Max/Min CC. CC was more important than Attack for me sometimes.

But the best armours in the game are:

Neutral Gender Armour: synthesized from Dragon's Blood and Iron Tunics. They're called Vermillion Tunics, and if you want to boost someone's Evade, give them that.

If we're talking gender-based armour:
Guys: Mumbane (Leather Armour + Darkened Ore)
Girls: Shrine Maiden Wear (Blouse + Purebright Cloth)

You can get Dragon's Blood, Purebright Cloth, and Darkened Ore in Zone Cage in the treasure chests, but they're very rare. Also, beating the boss after finishing all Inn Requests can net you one. And levelling up the shops to Rank 10 in
Katz Village (Purebright cloth), Telos Astue (Darkened Ore), and Velanik (Dragon's blood)
. But you can only purchase 1 of those, and after that they're gone.

I didn't think Arcadia Garden was all too terrible because you basically had to follow the butterflies. But it's awful getting back to the bear to give him all of your seeds, yeah.

cress2000

I think the only dungeon that actually irritated me was the first section of the final dungeon of Lineage and Legacies.
No turning back? Fack off!
Well, I have yet to set foot into Zhonecage, so I'm not sure what that place is like.

Also, count me in as a weirdo who kind of liked Bathus Citadel. Despite the stupid battle difficulty spike and puzzle in the last part, I liked the atmosphere and thought the music was one of the games' few catchy tunes.

Neki

Zhone Cage level 10 is kicking my ass. Which is weird because all other 9 levels were a cakewalk. Not sure why though.

MechaX

Yeah, at first Bathus Citadel enemies can be hard and annoying.

The one enemy I have constantly hated during the whole game is the bow robot and all of its variations. The female humanoids come in close second.

Fuck that bow enemy, for real. It also wasn't fun that the humanoids ran faster than I could forward step, so guess what pink-haired healer they loved to pick on?

I hate that place. I've played through it three times on vanilla playthroughs, and I disliked it during all three.

And yep, it does feel like a difficulty spike. B-Artes like Infernal Torrent are your friends, and I did notice that Hubert died and died and died during that dungeon.

I pretty much stepped down to Evil after I got half way through the dungeon. Despite how Infernal Torrent spam was pretty effective, a single bad encounter could have landed me a game-over (especially if I got an encounter with 4 or 5 humanoids). But it was strange; I raised the difficulty back up to Chaos for the boss, and the boss was actually kinda easy, even despite how I exhausted virtually all of my healing items at that point. For every dungeon thus far, it was the exact opposite; the enemies would be easy but it would be the boss tempting me to bump down the difficulty.

Also just had the duel with
Malik
. This one was a lot easier than the other one on one duels.
Hubert's duel was a fucking nightmare.

Sagitario

weapon and armor stuff

WOW! I guess I shouldn't even bother then :(
As cool as the Tales themed weapons look, they are weak.
Plus, HOLY JUMP IN DIFFICULTY WITH THOSE NEW RECOLORED ENEMIES, BADMAN!

I even switched to Evil because I had no healer and Richard and Hubert know how to die so well and easily!

This bothers me greatly!!! :mad:

Edit:
That
birth
scene was so... awkward :p

I didn't think Arcadia Garden was all too terrible because you basically had to follow the butterflies. But it's awful getting back to the bear to give him all of your seeds, yeah.

That's all you had to do? I just ran through portals hoping that there would be some consistency between them. I had to use a walkthrough for that and the final dungeon because of the incredible fustration levels.

What a weird way to spell "Wallbridge Ruins" :\
The music, the art, the architecture, the "roads", the gimmick, the amount of times you have to visit it, how you are blocked if you don't remember the last exit you used... so awful and horrible and easily the worst.

Wallbridge ruins wasn't bad the second time around. All you seriously need to do is make sure you keep following the path to
Graylside
logically. At least, that's how I told myself that I was going the right way. And on the second time around you just need to stay on the same floor.

barrin87

Probably not. I just used those two monsters for the two fights I talked about, so I'm not sure how they work with other bosses, lol. Provoke seems to be really broken in this game, though, since the times when I had the monsters in my party for the Feral Link trophy at the end of my platinum run, they just targetted the monsters and Noel just took everything out with one Blitz.

Anyway, Noel > all, is what I'm trying to say. It's not that I have a girlcrush on Noel like what some people in the OT kinda guessed at, but I think his complexity as a character was nicely expanded upon in Chapter 5 of that game.

I never really used the SEN class unless it was on a special enemy or a boss but it was just that one battle that the SEN class wouldn't work for me. I used my monsters regularly so they were just as powerful as Serah and Noel. I wouldn't even get far enough to attack in regular battles because my monsters killed everything before I could choose a target.

I do agree that I liked Noel's character though. I thought the characters were done very well in that game.

Ive honestly had to just completely go down to Normal and Easy once reaching Fendal and such
That boar fight, and bosses being able to spawn more enemies is getting annoying
. Off to the tower.

The original crew in the party makes for the best victory quotes and poses.

One question, who learns Indignaccion in this one?

frequency

Ive honestly had to just completely go down to Normal and Easy once reaching Fendal and such
That boar fight, and bosses being able to spawn more enemies is getting annoying
. Off to the tower.

The original crew in the party makes for the best victory quotes and poses.

One question, who learns Indignaccion in this one?

Cheria. Which is bleh...

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I never really used the SEN class unless it was on a special enemy or a boss but it was just that one battle that the SEN class wouldn't work for me. I used my monsters regularly so they were just as powerful as Serah and Noel. I wouldn't even get far enough to attack in regular battles because my monsters killed everything before I could choose a target.

I do agree that I liked Noel's character though. I thought the characters were done very well in that game.
The SEN, SAB, and SYN classes were my favourite in FFXIII and I used them a ton during late postgame and Chapter 10-onwards. So... imagine my disappointment when I found out that Syn became gimped when I looked on the Japanese wiki, and Sen was poorly balanced between Noel and Serah (Serah should've been an Evade-type of Sen like Lightning and Hope were but instead for some reason she became a tank-type Sen who lacked Mediguard for some stupid reason, while it made sense for Noel to be the tank-type SEN with Mediguard yet he lacked Steelguard because Serah had it for some reason). Sab came out okay, and I used that one a lot in FFXIII-2.

But yeah, monsters make the game really easy if they're quick. If I used them for the Feral Link trophy, it was probably one of the Syn or Sen ones. I tried a Com class one once and it ended up wiping everything out (since I had the drops at my disposal prior to doing the trophy to level stuff up before I put them in battle from before as I'd barely used them).

I really really like how Chapter 5 was done in that game. If anything, that was probably the best story bit in the game. I found the duo a better fit as a cast than FFXIII's cast, tbh, other than Sazh and Hope.

That's all you had to do? I just ran through portals hoping that there would be some consistency between them. I had to use a walkthrough for that and the final dungeon because of the incredible fustration levels.
Yeah. Wherever you see butterflies, go there. You aren't told that, though, so players get pretty confused. But getting back to the bear to feed him seeds to get armour and cards is a pain in the butt.

I even switched to Evil because I had no healer and Richard and Hubert know how to die so well and easily!

Edit:
That
birth
scene was so... awkward :p
It wasn't that great in Japanese either, lol.

The Tales cameo weapons get more powerful as you dualize them, but if you've stuck to weapons you've been dualizing before, of course they'll be less powerful. But it's up to you. If you've put a lot of stock into the weapons you're using now, you can probably keep using them without any penalty. It largely just depends on your playstyle.

And did you get the end-battle skit where they made fun of
Hubert's abilities as a healer
? lol.

Indignation being my favorite Tales spell... I was so greatly disappointed by Cheria's chanting.
Needed more Jade. Best Indignation chant in the series, imo.

Indignation throughout the series, including Rita's.

barrin87

The SEN, SAB, and SYN classes were my favourite in FFXIII and I used them a ton during late postgame and Chapter 10-onwards. So... imagine my disappointment when I found out that Syn became gimped when I looked on the Japanese wiki, and Sen was poorly balanced between Noel and Serah (Serah should've been an Evade-type of Sen like Lightning and Hope were but instead for some reason she became a tank-type Sen who lacked Mediguard for some stupid reason, while it made sense for Noel to be the tank-type SEN with Mediguard yet he lacked Steelguard because Serah had it for some reason). Sab came out okay, and I used that one a lot in FFXIII-2.

But yeah, monsters make the game really easy if they're quick. If I used them for the Feral Link trophy, it was probably one of the Syn or Sen ones. I tried a Com class one once and it ended up wiping everything out (since I had the drops at my disposal prior to doing the trophy to level stuff up before I put them in battle from before as I'd barely used them).

I really really like how Chapter 5 was done in that game. If anything, that was probably the best story bit in the game. I found the duo a better fit as a cast than FFXIII's cast, tbh, other than Sazh and Hope.

I would definitely agree with you that the SAB and SYN were some of my favorite classes in FFXIII. I didn't use SYN nearly as much in XIII-2 since it was lacking Haste.

I had a full Chocobo team which made most battles extremely simple since I had given them the abilities that they were missing. It was mostly just that one battle that I royally sucked at. Not even Yomi was half as bad and it seemed he was the enemy that most people had the worst time with.

Sagitario

The Tales cameo weapons get more powerful as you dualize them, but if you've stuck to weapons you've been dualizing before, of course they'll be less powerful. But it's up to you. If you've put a lot of stock into the weapons you're using now, you can probably keep using them without any penalty. It largely just depends on your playstyle.

Do you mean they actually get more powerful the more you use them and dualize (like previous Devil's Arm/Six Catalyst Weapons/Fell Arms or the 4th Mystic Arte in Graces) or is it only because dualizing adds stats?

And did you get the end-battle skit where they made fun of
Hubert's abilities as a healer
? lol.

Yes, it was funny :D

Needed more Jade. Best Indignation chant in the series, imo.

Indignation throughout the series, including Rita's.

I agree, Jade's Indignation > *

That is not what I wanted to hear. Shes not really a good character to use based on my time with the game, having to life bottle revive her as much as I have to with Pascal.

She's the prime healer in this game, so you are kinda stuck with her. She doesn't die as much as Pascal, though.
Set her strategy to: B-only, Passive, Heal when HP < 100%
This will help a little while she level up.

MechaX

I just got to
Emeraude

You know what, I take back everything I said about
Kurt
. I never imagined that a single arte (Killing Field) can solidify how dumb the AI in this game really is. I could be on a lead, but then the boss Eleth Bursts and casts killing field. No one blocks. And all of a sudden, I'm scrambling trying to revive all three of my dead teammates.

Edit: Beat the boss through ultimate cheese. Turned it down to Evil because the boss had waaay too much health on Chaos. Picked Hubert Malik, Cheria, and Sophie. All of them stayed out of range, used an All-Divide so Killing Field was not a OHKO, and Hubert did literally nothing but spam scarlet salvo and Instant Balls. Didn't even feel like I really won, but fuck that boss.

I just got to
Emeraude

Kurt
. I never imagined that a single arte (Killing Field) can solidify how dumb the AI in this game really is. I could be on a lead, but then the boss Eleth Bursts and casts killing field. No one blocks. And all of a sudden, I'm scrambling trying to revive all three of my dead teammates.

If you refer to my chart a couple pages back, that's the painful cycle of the game man. Unless your on New Game+, then the chances are reduced slightly.

Kurt

Yup. My favorite part is how much Killing Field makes you want to use an All-Divide in this fight, which just makes the entire thing even longer and more tedious.

Instant Balls

:D

Wow the boss in fendel valkines cryas destroyed my team mates so much, the dumb gun one hit ko's people. Though took me 12 minutes to beat him thanks to the strategy suggested for the healers (heal <100% passive, etc).

School Costume for Hubert is so cool, though now Im tempted to buy all of them ($3.99 :/ ) hard to resist the urge, and the way the music changes for it is nice.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I just got to
Emeraude

Edit: Beat the boss through ultimate cheese. Turned it down to Evil because the boss had waaay too much health on Chaos. Picked Hubert Malik, Cheria, and Sophie. All of them stayed out of range, used an All-Divide so Killing Field was not a OHKO, and Hubert did literally nothing but spam scarlet salvo and Instant Balls. Didn't even feel like I really won, but fuck that boss.
What I dislike so much about All-Divides is that while they make the bosses easier, they make the boss fights so much longer. :/

And yes, that boss is generally cited as one with many problems. It was an absolute joke in the Wii version, but they kinda 'roided it up here much like they did with
Kurtz

Do you mean they actually get more powerful the more you use them and dualize (like previous Devil's Arm/Six Catalyst Weapons/Fell Arms or the 4th Mystic Arte in Graces) or is it only because dualizing adds stats?
Oh, no they don't do anything like that. Just adding stats. No Fell Arms in this game.

I would definitely agree with you that the SAB and SYN were some of my favorite classes in FFXIII. I didn't use SYN nearly as much in XIII-2 since it was lacking Haste.

I had a full Chocobo team which made most battles extremely simple since I had given them the abilities that they were missing. It was mostly just that one battle that I royally sucked at. Not even Yomi was half as bad and it seemed he was the enemy that most people had the worst time with.
Yomi in XIII-2 was a watered-down version of its bigger brother Vercingetorix in FFXIII. I was a little disappointed. Raspatil was my favourite enemy in the game since you had to make decisions quickly before you got swamped. I was really disappointed with the watered-down Attacus since that was my favourite enemy in all of FFXIII. :/

I think... I only used the Silver Chocobo. That was at a point when I said to myself that I wanted to start Chocobo racing to get the Serendipity trophy, which didn't really happen.

And I do get the feeling that if Haste-at-will was implemented in FFXIII-2, it would outright break the game. In hindsight, the decision was probably smart. It made battles feel like they're longer, especially when you have the ATB gauge filling up r e a l l y s l o w l y, but at least you aren't put at even more of an advantage. I kind of feel like the better and more fluid animations made the battles a little easier, because you had to compensate for the shortcomings of the lengthy animations in FFXIII and work around that in combat to 5-star stuff. Like... electing to not have Fang use her final attack in her string because the animation takes way too long as opposed to having Noel execute his entire string (whether you're using two Blitzes + Attack (which is what I use) or Attack x 5) because they're pretty short.

Or having to not compensate for a lack of dumb animations when characters try to get up when they get knocked down was quite a treat too (compare: Hope and Vanille taking forever to recover after a knockdown where they get up, turn around, do some weird animation, and then start animating for their attack string... to Noel and Serah not really taking as long at all).

Netto-kun

‘TALES OF GRACES™ F’ DAY ONE EDITION unveils!

The acclaimed role-playing game Tales of Graces™ f is heading to EMEA and Asia Pacific on the 31st of August 2012 for PlayStation®3. A special treat has been prepared for fans as the pre-order program is announced along with details of the incredible day one edition they will be able to get their hands on.

In addition to the game itself, the day one edition of Tales of Graces f - created especially for fans across Europe and Asia Pacific - highlights the artistic talents involved in the game with the Original Soundtrack, behind the Scenes videos, and a high quality hardback art book, all included in a newly designed folded box. A special DLC is also included with original costumes from Tales of Destiny 2 and a custom PlayStation 3 theme for Tales of fans to rejoice about.

Fans who pre-order Tales of Graces f will not only guarantee themselves a copy of this unmissable day one edition for the price of the standard retail version, but they will also be able to get their hands on even more exclusive bonuses.

For more information on the Tales of series and preorder information, please visit http://www.namcobandaigames.eu/
Watch videos and trailers from NAMCO BANDAI Games Europe on YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/NamcoBandaiGamesEU

D8KT.jpg

Very nice to see the EU version 6 months after the US version ..Namco is learning !!!

maybe they'll manage a worldwide release with xillia

I know they won't do it
Artbook is nice but i can live without it just fine.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
They just announced the date for EU. 31 August. Has some extra stuff included in first shipment.
Nice.

Wonder if kayos or I should make a thread for the EU release. But neither of us are getting that version, so we probably shouldn't.

I've love that artbook and the making of videos! Envious that EU gets all these swell CEs (ex: all those Square-Enix LEs, the Sonic Generations LE, etc).

Ah well. I own this game twice and played it three times. Could use the money for something else.

Koroviev

Nice.

Wonder if kayos or I should make a thread for the EU release. But neither of us are getting that version, so we probably shouldn't.

I've love that artbook and the making of videos! Envious that EU gets all these swell CEs (ex: all those Square-Enix LEs, the Sonic Generations LE, etc).

Ah well. I own this game twice and played it three times. Could use the money for something else.

Or, you know, just further refine your Tales of Graces f mountain sage persona ;-)

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Or, you know, just further refine your Tales of Graces f mountain sage persona ;-)
Do I get a cool staff to go with it? :p I should just build a mountain made of copies of Tales of Graces f and live on it.

If it has a trophy set separate from the NA one, that might be nice. What I really want is that "making of" thing, but if it's anything like the Sonic documentary that came with the Sonic Generations LE, it might be on YouTube later on.

I think it would depend entirely on the price of the thing, and what else I might be importing at the time, tbh. If the new Tales game is announced for sometime in September like Xillia was, for instance, I'd get that over the EU LE of Graces.

Or... I could ask for it as a gift. :O

Animekatt

I will definitely import that LE. I'm a stickler for having special outer boxes, and I love the fact that this comes with one with the Jpn box art.

It does suck that we're not getting all of these LEs and CEs and SEs. The coin certainly had flipped with NA getting none of these now. I'm so glad that the PS3 is import friendly.

Koroviev

Do I get a cool staff to go with it? :p I should just build a mountain made of copies of Tales of Graces f and live on it.

If it has a trophy set separate from the NA one, that might be nice. What I really want is that "making of" thing, but if it's anything like the Sonic documentary that came with the Sonic Generations LE, it might be on YouTube later on.

I think it would depend entirely on the price of the thing, and what else I might be importing at the time, tbh. If the new Tales game is announced for sometime in September like Xillia was, for instance, I'd get that over the EU LE of Graces.

Or... I could ask for it as a gift. :O

Pay tribute to the mountain sage!

MechaX

If you refer to my chart a couple pages back, that's the painful cycle of the game man. Unless your on New Game+, then the chances are reduced slightly.

Yeah, I was thinking to myself "I think I just went through all the cycles of the boss cycle here. Well, outside of the fact that the boss was whopping my ass from the start.

Yup. My favorite part is how much Killing Field makes you want to use an All-Divide in this fight, which just makes the entire thing even longer and more tedious.

What I dislike so much about All-Divides is that while they make the bosses easier, they make the boss fights so much longer. :/

That's indeed the worst thing about fighting bosses on Evil/Chaos. Hell, I just saw the most extreme example of when I was just doing some post final dungeon sidequesting, and then
HOLY SHIT A RED DRAGON.
And I look at its HP... and it had 999,999 HP. What. Got it down to like 700,000 HP after 20 minutes (20 minutes of Sophie healing, Malik casting, me as Pascal doing ranged attacks, and Asbel running up and dying in one hit) and it starts doing new attacks that do even more damage. Used an all-divide, and a full party combo on the boss now does like 2,000. I'm back to the drawing board with that one.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
That's indeed the worst thing about fighting bosses on Evil/Chaos. Hell, I just saw the most extreme example of when I was just doing some post final dungeon sidequesting, and then
HOLY SHIT A RED DRAGON.
And I look at its HP... and it had 999,999 HP. What. Got it down to like 700,000 HP after 20 minutes (20 minutes of Sophie healing, Malik casting, me as Pascal doing ranged attacks, and Asbel running up and dying in one hit) and it starts doing new attacks that do even more damage. Used an all-divide, and a full party combo on the boss now does like 2,000. I'm back to the drawing board with that one.
That boss is at level 110. Probably should try to attempt before you beat the game or during postgame if you so choose. But yeah, it's hard the first time.

Pay tribute to the mountain sage!
I may not be the Lizard Queen, but I felt like it was appropriate.
KuGsj.gif

EerKm.jpg

Koroviev

That boss is at level 110. Probably should try to attempt before you beat the game or during postgame if you so choose. But yeah, it's hard the first time.

I may not be the Lizard Queen, but I felt like it was appropriate.
KuGsj.gif

EerKm.jpg

Definitely appropriate. Just need to make the eyes bloodshot to reflect how much time you've spent staring unblinkingly at dat combo action.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Definitely appropriate. Just need to make the eyes bloodshot to reflect how much time you've spent staring unblinkingly at dat combo action.
Oh man, do you know how much sleep I lost over this game when it originally came out in 2010? I probably did have bloodshot eyes (but that seems like a normal occurrence for me, lol).

I was supposed to be working on my undergraduate thesis at the time, but ended up procrastinating with Graces f a lot before I fell asleep. That was probably one of the few games I decided to break my schedule of only playing console stuff on the weekend, but I had a ton of fun.

Sagitario

I am bored, not-sleepy yet tired and haven't played Graces since last weekend... so... I made a GIF.

iFeBHrn62EMc8.gif

MALIK ASS PARTY FOR EVERYBODY!

This GIF will expire after 30 days :(

Sagitario

Freaking
Poisson
at Warrior's Roost in the ƒ arc... Mystic Arte killing everybody when the fight was about to end (plus,
she
can kill you in 1-hit). I will tray again later.

I can't imagine this fight on Chaos :|

And WTF at Telos Astue monsters. 1 hit doing something like 50,000 on Chaos. WHAT?

ARRRRRRGH! Even on Evil... I had to use Hard (rhymes OMG!)
Pride hurts, switching from Evil to Hard and vice versa :(

Finished the main story at 70 hours. The final dungeon was so annoying, as my fourth Tales games...only Abyss had a decent one and maybe Eternia. Why are the enemies at over 100K HP and all with Nova attribute and can summon more in battle? What even?

I almost beat the final boss on normal but then the AI cheated and used the mystic arte back to back wiping everyone out, so I gave up and put it on easy and won "easy peesy".

I loved the friendship theme of the whole game
Asbel always believing in Richard and Richard there not wavering on with Asbel.

Dont know if I will continue playing to the Future arc or just switch to another game. I do want to play through this again at least.

Oh and the most annoying thing is Cheria casting insight even when I have her on heal and defend only and characters are clearly not at 100% hp.

frequency

I feel a lot of Tales of games get to be a little annoying near the end.

For me, the battle system is pretty fun when stuff is quick. But by the end, when there's soooo much HP padding and stuff, it just gets annoying because everything takes way longer than it should.

That and when enemies hit so hard in late game, the bad AI really stands out.

Maybe that's why in terms of gameplay, I enjoy the Radiant Mythology stuff more. They're easier so the bad stuff doesn't stand out as much.

I'm playing on hard mode and I'm up to the boss fight in Lhant against Richard. He heals for like 7k whenever he's under 10k periodically, and it's totally killing me. I have no idea how I can do that much damage in that short an amount of time. What's the secret.

Top Bottom