• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Symphonia = $39.99 @ Fry's Electronics

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Bayarea, CA prices (till Tues.)

39%5CROP%5CROPAdSubregions%5C4350227.gif.gif

39%5CROP%5CROPAdSubregions%5C4350228.gif.gif

39%5CROP%5CROPAdSubregions%5C4350229.gif.gif

39%5CROP%5CROPAdSubregions%5C4350236.gif.gif

madara

Where exactly is this chain? Hear about it and Costco, Coconuts, Strawberry etc all time. I thought people just made them up, hehe.

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
madara said:
Where exactly is this chain? Hear about it and Costco, Coconuts, Strawberry etc all time. I thought people just made them up, hehe.
Mostly California and Texas. They're like Best Buy for smart people -- there aren't any stupid clerks trying to sell you accessories or extended warranties, and they usually have lurrvely electronics and book sections. They're also the only place around here I know that stocks literally every video-game magazine on one shelf.

fart

Savant
fenekku-gitsune said:
Mostly California and Texas. They're like hell on earth for people buying electronics -- every clerk is an idiot, and they usually have terribly organized electronics and book sections. They're also the only place around here I know that makes me want to kill myself.
fixed it for you

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
rofl at fart.

I honestly don't care how shitty of a place it is, if I can walk in purchase a game with those deals then I'm happy.

TOO DAMN BAD I'M AT THE OPPOSITE END OF THE COUNTRY.

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
The only reason Fry's would make me want to kill myself is because I always end up impulse buying over $100 worth of stuff whenever I visit, which thankfully isn't that often.

I have about 60 DVD+Rs now because I always think I don't have any when I'm at Fry's and see a spindle.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Fry's is great for prices and inventory... they stink for customer service. I go there because I can get stuff dirt cheap, but I know that I will have to deal with 1) long lines, 2) the worst exchange/return experience in the known universe, and 3) employees who tend to hide whenever you need to ask a question.

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
Jumpman said:
Does anyone know if the Tales of Symphonia deal is good in Southern California?
I've found that the So Cal Fry's have the same deals, only a couple days later. I'd check Sunday's paper.

lexy

DavidDayton said:
Fry's is great for prices and inventory... they stink for customer service. I go there because I can get stuff dirt cheap, but I know that I will have to deal with 1) long lines, 2) the worst exchange/return experience in the known universe, and 3) employees who tend to hide whenever you need to ask a question.

I've never experienced number 1 (the line's are extremely short at my local Fry's, I can't even remember ever having to wait in line any of the times I've been there... go figure) but I can vouch for number's 2 and 3. That said, ALL three are true for Best Buy.

loxy said:
That said, ALL three are true for Best Buy.

Exchanges are difficult at Best Buy? I've done several at mine (Seattle, by Northgate) and they were the most painless processes ever. They didn't even ask to see a receipt.

I don't get the "long lines" bit, either. Our new Fry's up here has something like 100 cash registers arranged in a gargantuan rectangle. I'm not even kidding. I've never had to wait more than about 2 minutes for a register, even on the hugely popular opening day.

Akira

Stupid Fry's sold me a broken $800 TV cabinet. They took it back and gave me a new one, but only if I brought back to the store. That was my first bad experience from Fry's.

lexy

bobbyconover said:
Exchanges are difficult at Best Buy? I've done several at mine (Seattle, by Northgate) and they were the most painless processes ever. They didn't even ask to see a receipt.

Maybe it's just my Best Buy that's like this? The only time I've had a good exchange/customer service experience at Best Buy was when I knew the person who was working the counter. All other times it's been a real pain.

Jumpman

JJConrad said:
I've found that the So Cal Fry's have the same deals, only a couple days later. I'd check Sunday's paper.

It seems that Northern and Southern California usually share most of the same deals, but there are sometimes exceptions. I don't subscribe to any newspapers, so if anyone can confirm the Tales deal for So Cal, I would appreciate it.

cvxfreak

I think Fry's is a cool shop. Their store in Palo Alto, CA is a bit dull (it seems more fit for a Home Depot) but they have tons of games on the shelves, and the game alphabetical order is organized unlike the Circuit City mess. Price matching is up my bag though. :D

Top Bottom