• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tango confirms they were working on The Evil Within Anniversary Content prior to closure

Draugoth

Gold Member
capsule_616x353.jpg

"What about Tango's other projects? Why did Krafton feel these games – Ghostwire: Tokyo, The Evil Within – help to justify the studio's acquisition?

We primarily focused on Hi-Fi Rush. It was more of a strategic decision. It would've been great to get all the IPs but the team was working on Hi-Fi Rush 2 and the others were working on anniversary content for The Evil Within. Knowing Microsoft's direction with the IP sale, we didn't want to push too far with this acquisition, so we primarily had Hi-Fi Rush under discussion because it would complicate the process and elongate the entire negotiation process."

Source: https://www.gamesindustry.biz/we-do...ehind-kraftons-acquisition-of-tango-gameworks

Last edited:

kyussman

Loved The Evil Within,every level felt like it's own thing but I didn't feel the game was disjointed overall.The second one was fun too and managed to keep a good deal of tension despite going more open in design......and to think,when Microsoft purchased Bethesda I was concerned I would be forced into buying an Xbox or I'd miss out on too many good games,lol.....Starfield was shit,no Dishonoured,Indiana Jones instead of the last part of Wolfenstein and no Evil Within ever....what a fucking joke.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Does it run at 60 on Xbox with their frame rate boost? Honestly curious.

adamsapple adamsapple

No, TEW 1 never got an FPS boost sadly.

TEW 2 has a native unlock FPS option that you can use to run it at 60fps with higher resolution, if you use the system-level FPS boost, it drops resolution to One S levels (not worth it for a little bit of a tighter lock)

tommib

Gold Member
No, TEW 1 never got an FPS boost sadly.

TEW 2 has a native unlock FPS option that you can use to run it at 60fps with higher resolution, if you use the system-level FPS boost, it drops resolution to One S levels (not worth it for a little bit of a tighter lock)
That’s a shame. Yeah, the sequel has an unlocked PS4 pro mode that runs beautifully on PS5 at 60 fps.

Who should we write to to get TEW 1 at 60 fps on our consoles?

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
EW1 is still my favorite horror game.

EW2 sucked but an EW3 would still have been welcome. I was surprised EW2 didn’t introduce ruvik at all. Such a wasted opportunity.

Doom85

Evil Within 1 was good but extremely flawed and lacking in quite a few areas (not to mention embarrassingly buggy on launch). Evil Within 2 fixed all those issues and was fantastic. It sucks shit we’ll never get a third game.

I was really hoping for Ghostwire 2 as I liked the first game despite its issues and thought Tango could build on it in the sequel. 😔
Good thing is that the game ends on such a good note, everything is wrapped up and it tugged at my heartstrings. The evolution of comradery between Kk and Akito is top shelf story telling.

I feel like that game still hasn't found its audience but I believe it's going to someday and many gamers will be shocked that it was overlooked for so long.

Last edited:

StereoVsn

Good thing is that the game ends on such a good note, everything is wrapped up and it tugged at my heartstrings. The evolution of comradery between Kk and Akito is top shelf story telling.

I feel like that game still hasn't found its audience but I believe it's going to someday and many gamers will be shocked that it was overlooked for so long.
I was mainly hoping for a more meshed out world and better RPG mechanics and side quests. Whether new or old characters, either would work as long as they are well done.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I'd rather have remasters of those games than just about anything else their overlords are working on. MS is the gift that keeps on giving.

Top Bottom