• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tango Gameworks has been acquired by Krafton Inc. (PUBG), as well as Hi-Fi Rush IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxFresh123

• A few months ago, Microsoft announced plans to close Xbox studio Tango Gameworks, its only Japanese-based team, as part of a round of cost cutting measures.
  • Tango Gameworks was known for titles like Ghostwire Tokyo and The Evil Within, as well as recent break-out hit Hi-Fi Rush.
  • Krafton Inc. publishes mega-franchise battle royale PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds, and has been expanding to other regions and exploring new game franchises as of late.
  • Krafton Inc. announced today that it has acquired Tango Gameworks as well as the Hi-Fi Rush IP, saving the team from closure.

Last edited:

West Texas CEO

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief and Nosiest Dildo Archeologist
giphy.gif

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Good, these Tango didn't deserved to get shutdown especially after releasing successful game.

Nonehxc

Great news. Korbros for the save.

Now give them a nice budget and EW3 pretty please. 🙏🥹

And if you feel so inclined, MS, get 'rid' of Arkane so Harvey Smith & co can join Colantonio, Avellone, etc in Wolves, or the other way around, them joining Arkane back, so they can do immersive sims. 😁

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Did you guys even bother reading? Ms still owns The Evil Within and Ghostwire.
ryan reynolds hd GIF

Make little sense to keep those and lose Hi-Fi Rush, a title actually made under their ownership.
Not that it matters, they're both dead IP's that wasn't getting sequels anyway.

Last edited:

demigod

ryan reynolds hd GIF

Make little sense to keep those and lose Hi-Fi Rush, a title actually made under their ownership.
Not that it matters, they're both dead IP's that wasn't getting sequels anyway.
There's a reason why. Those other games sold more than Hi-Fi Rush, ms does not want to let go of them.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
There's a reason why. Those other games sold more than Hi-Fi Rush, ms does not want to let go of them.
They don't get anything from past sells so unless they planning to continue the series of both which given that they wanted close the Studio is very unlikely and without the studio is also more very unlikely then the only reason to keep them is to hold the IP's hostage for their Gamepass because they sold well.
Which is more holding the IP's in limbo then anything else.

Porcile

Interesting but I kind of doubt they will put out a game in the next five years if ever again. We'll see.

demigod

They don't get anything from past sells so unless they planning to continue the series of both which given that they wanted close the Studio is very unlikely and without the studio is also more very unlikely then the only reason to keep them is to hold the IP's hostage for their Gamepass because they sold well.
Which is more holding the IP's in limbo then anything else.
Those other IPs sold more so its more valuable to them. I mean you don't need Bungie to make Halo or Epic to make Gears, but you're probably right TEW is most likely dead now.

laynelane

Those other IPs sold more so its more valuable to them. I mean you don't need Bungie to make Halo or Epic to make Gears, but you're probably right TEW is most likely dead now.

I wonder if they adjusted to account for the fact that those old IPs didn't have day one releases on a sub service. Probably not, I imagine. As for TEW, I think if it stays where it is now - we won't be getting a part 3 and maybe that's for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom