• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tango Gameworks to return with 50 out of original 100 staff

Draugoth

Gold Member
Following the news Krafton was saving Hi-Fi Rush developer Tango Gameworks from being shut down for good, the PUBG publisher has confirmed its plans to "transfer approximately 50 development staff" from the studio to its Japan subsidiary. This is roughly half the number of the studio's initial development staff, which was over 100. Gameranx reports this is because others have since found employment elsewhere, and as such there are a number of job openings at the studio.

In an update on social media platform X by Game File's Stephen Totilo, the reporter shared a statement from Krafton's PR, which said those 50 staff who are part of the transfer will "continue to work on new projects, including the expansion of the Hi-Fi Rush IP, at Krafton".

Source

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Microsoft:

apology sitting GIF by South Park

acm2000

this is because all the top people had already left to another studio hence why MS shut them down in the first place.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Really happy for them (and for me because it means Hi Fi Rush 2 is most likely coming).

Fuck Microsoft, this was their stupidest decision since a long time.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I bet a lot of them went to Mikami's new studio.

Still 50 is not bad assuming those people are relatively evenly distributed across leadership and junior roles. They always had multiple teams and I think 50 is probably more than Hi-Fi Rush has for most of its development.

Really looking forward to more of that IP.

Bridges

This is absolutely amazing news, super happy for the team and even happier for myself since I will someday get to play more Hi-Fi.

Does anyone else find it strange though, how small of a splash this seems to be making? The closure was all anyone would talk about and now that they're back it feels like it is not getting as much buzz as I would've expected.

StereoVsn

It’s great that the studio will continue in some fashion and that folks got jobs. I am still pissed at MS for doing this whole thing in the first place and that Ghostwire series is dead.

Top Bottom