• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taylor Swift's New Ticket system that Disguises Profiteering as Fighting Scalpers

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
what is with Taylor Swift? Why is I always her leading these kinds of fights?
She's an extremely effective business woman probably better than she sings. When she stops being popular she can probably run an empire. (Is my guess)

lenovox1

Man, what is Gaf's thing with Taylor Swift?

I thought PopGaf being removed was a Godsend at the time, but it sent a bunch of crazy motherfuckers into the Wild West and they went batshit insane.

What in the world would make you think that deleting a productive and prominent community of NeoGAF would have been a "good thing"? Ever in any context.

DeathyBoy

Banned
What in the world would make you think that deleting a productive and prominent community of NeoGAF would have been a "good thing"? Ever in any context.

I mean at the time I thought it'd mean less incoherent threads shitting up off topic. But since then we get even more awful threads like this.

So yeah, containing it was the right choice before.

r4G1DiP.jpg

I salute her craftiness.

Ratrat

This is actually how they do ticketing for fan club concerts and events and stuff in Japan.

Japanese fans of anything have too much money and the process for separating them from as much of it as possible is very efficient there.
lol

I respect artists who can achieve massive sales without doing this(Utada) but I don't begrudge others for making money where they can.

Taker666

I'd have thought the vast majority of her biggest fans who'd want to buy tickets, would want to buy her album and post about her on social media regardless, so I don't really see either of those as being a major issue.

..but I don't like the idea of getting additional boosts on top of that for buying $45 T-shirts and the like. That just encourages stupid amounts of spending.

Still, I can't help but admire her taking ownership of the snake tag and making money from it. 3 different $60 dollar snake rings on her store and a $75 snake design hoodie...all sold out.

lenovox1

I mean at the time I thought it'd mean less incoherent threads shitting up off topic. But since then we get even more awful threads like this.

So yeah, containing it was the right choice before.

It's got to be tough to have news about current events and pop culture shit up a forum full of... News about current events and pop culture. That's tough.

tumblr_inline_n4k198q7iT1qajj8m.gif

Top Bottom