• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Yeef

Milly79 said:
What's the rarest unusual effect? I was looking at the list and I don't think I've ever seen massed flies.
Massed flies is ridiculously hard to notice in-game. That's part of the reason it's one of the least sought-after effects.

Boonoo

Woops, didn't see there was a new thread. Here's my last post from the old one.

Where can I go to find friendly teams to practice with? I know there are several groups that invite new players for training. I play on TF2l and it is full of tryhards who think they are good but suck.

Your best bet is finding some people to play with. Even if you can't get 6 you can do lobbies with 2 or 3 people and be fine, especially if you guys are playing the medic soldier pair. You might want to look into CommFT to see if they have anything for people looking to get into comp stuff.
You'll pretty much need to go beyond GAF to find stuff since there isn't much here in the way of comp tf2.

Zomba13

Milly79 said:
What's the rarest unusual effect? I was looking at the list and I don't think I've ever seen massed flies.
Sunbeams or Flames. At least they are the most wanted effects.

I'm just coming back to TF2, I got a lot of items in the Quake pack that made me turn it on again. The engineer pip boy is awesome but I don't really like that class.

I am so terrible at this game now, the only classes I am having any luck with are demo/pyro. I'm getting a little burnt out with BC2 so TF2 is a nice change of pace.

(._.)

Banned
Milly79 said:
I think burning flames have a slight edge over sunbeams in term of value but both can make an essentially worthless hat worth hundreds.

L00P

I seriously want the Pip-boy doohickey for the engie. I hope New Vegas becomes a daily deal soon!

So I didn't find out we had a 3rd thread till I hopped on the server tonight (which was fun, btw, I got to learn some maps I hadn't seen before)...

Anyway, subscribed.

Clyde owns me a few gifts. Well, next time I play and him gifting stuff I will get a few of them.

Just like all the time. =D

I see zee topic is safe.

Tell me, did anyone happen to kill a red-named mod on the way here?

No?

Then we still have a problem.

TF2OT3Mod.png

Zomba13

Just been failing at trying to make The Maul. Only weapon I need outside of the fish cake for heavy but I don't know if you can craft it.

Do people still idle for items? I used to play a lot, I would log on and play until I got a drop (unless that day had a drought for hours and hours). My friend would log his guy on idle servers when he left for work and come home to a bunch of items.

Does idling still work? I thought I read something about a weekly item cap?

Dakota47

nismogrendel said:
Do people still idle for items? I used to play a lot, I would log on and play until I got a drop (unless that day had a drought for hours and hours). My friend would log his guy on idle servers when he left for work and come home to a bunch of items.

Does idling still work? I thought I read something about a weekly item cap?

Idling still works. And you're right about the weekly item cap, but people simply idle with different accounts.

yeoz

Dakota47 said:
Idling still works. And you're right about the weekly item cap, but people simply idle with different accounts.
tSP5B.jpg

I reached a personal record high of 108 hats yesterday night. Currently at 105 hats right now though. :<

yeoz

UnluckyKate said:
What is the item you get when you coach a new player ?
When a player with a free account upgrades to a premium account by purchasing an item in the Mann Co. Store, they are presented with an option to select, from their Steam friends list or from players on the current server, the name of the person who referred them to (or helped them the most with) Team Fortress 2. Any existing premium account player who is selected in this fashion receives the Professor Speks. Contrary to what is implied on the free-to-play FAQ page, coaching new players is in no way a prerequisite for obtaining the Speks.

awwyeahgurrl said:
Yeoz, what sort of set up do you have for that. Are you just using sandboxie or something else?
I do not use sandboxie. I use vmware with a much more convoluted process but similar result.

TGMIII

yeoz said:
I do not use sandboxie. I use vmware with a much more convoluted process but similar result.

Do tell. I don't want to pay for sandboxie and have a copy of vmware here.

For some strange reason I cannot run text idle with Sandbox but I can run small 800x600 windows of TF2 in it. I just have my normal Steam textidle and then connect the windows to the lan server it creates and idle that way.

DarkKyo

Kuro Madoushi said:
Wait...did you peeps get your pipboy? I didn't yet :'(
They were given out at noon the day after they were added.. That's really weird that you haven't gotten yours.

Milly79

Gonna look around and buy an unusual. No sense in opening crate after crate hoping for that magical moment.

Okay, question:

I've been able to set up text idling with multiple accounts using Sandboxie pretty easily. But for some reason, I can't trade between those accounts on the same computer. Whenever I open multiple instances of TF2 (using Sandboxie), either one of them can't connect to the item server, or both of them crash when a trade is initiated. Am I doing something wrong (maybe with network settings or something)?

Yeef

divisionbyzorro said:
Okay, question:

I've been able to set up text idling with multiple accounts using Sandboxie pretty easily. But for some reason, I can't trade between those accounts on the same computer. Whenever I open multiple instances of TF2 (using Sandboxie), either one of them can't connect to the item server, or both of them crash when a trade is initiated. Am I doing something wrong (maybe with network settings or something)?
I assume you have a second installation of Steam and aren't trying to use the same twice. Barring that, there should be no issue.

Top Bottom