• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I just realised i have a name tag which i will probably never really use correctly, however i'm wondering if i should use it on the direct hit.

The only name i can think of is "piece of shit rocket launcher" or something along those lines.

Anyone else got any better ideas for names for such a terrible rocket launcher?

XeroSauce

Moundir&Tony<you said:
Joined a random french valve server .

Some guys was asking if anyone had a spy or demo crate , I reply that I'll gladly trade one for a strange knife .
So , we start chatting , I give him two crates (I never bought keys and don't think I'll do it) and he gives me a Strange Kunai . HOORAY , my very first strange weapon !

However , right after that , the game crashed on me (keeps happening , this is getting ridiculous) . Anyway , I go back to the same server , and the guy comes to me saying "you'll never believe it" . One of the crates had a strange revolver inside ! He traded it to me for a scottish resistance and a scrap ! Me = happy .

tl;dr : Traded two spy crates for a strange kunai , and the guy then gave me the strange revolver he found in exchange for a scotts resistance + scrap .
And I don't get why the game keeps crashing .
Your game keeps crashing because you keep finding amazing trades. :V

Smithy C

Spiral Knights is the worst and these people playing it are awful people. I think I'm doing something with high level people and one of them said if he doesn;t eat his hands will shake too much. I don't know what's happening anymore.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
DodgeAnon said:
I heard it takes 2 hours? I am not definitely sure, but it probably will be an hour.

Took me like 45-50 mins. .8 Hours according to my time played in that game.

JackEtc

evlcookie said:
I just realised i have a name tag which i will probably never really use correctly, however i'm wondering if i should use it on the direct hit.

The only name i can think of is "piece of shit rocket launcher" or something along those lines.

Piece of shit rocket launcher is pretty good.

I recently used my one nametag on my Your Eternal Reward. I named it "Mentlegenn's Holy Ass Rammer" in honor of this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mTFi8v_0Ic

XeroSauce said:
Your game keeps crashing because you keep finding amazing trades. :V
This is the very first trade I found online . The only two other trade I did were done through GAF , I gave all my coolers to someone , and two weeks ago I got a Liberty Launcher from Sourtreats for a reclaimed metal .

Boonoo

Chriswok said:
Some good games on GAF EU tonight. Any chance of slightly lowering the respawn counter?
The respawn timers are pretty important for map balance. If you start messing with them things can sour pretty quickly.

XeroSauce

JackEtc said:
Piece of shit rocket launcher is pretty good.

I recently used my one nametag on my Your Eternal Reward. I named it "Mentlegenn's Holy Ass Rammer" in honor of this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mTFi8v_0Ic
I hate seeing uninspired name tags like 'Umad?' and other nonsense that takes less then a second to make up. I try to be creative with my name tags and I'm trying to get every weapon tagged.

Javaman

evlcookie said:

something anti-building related. They really suck from an engineer's perspective since you can wipe out 2 level 3 sentries without even reloading unless the engineer is constantly banging on the stupid thing.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Javaman said:
something anti-building related. They really suck from an engineer's perspective since you can wipe out 2 level 3 sentries without even reloading unless the engineer is constantly banging on the stupid thing.

Also a good idea.

I like and hate the launcher so much. When you're in the zone, it's outstanding, when you miss people by an inch and do no damage you just want to punch your monitor.

Smithy C said:
Spiral Knights is the worst and these people playing it are awful people. I think I'm doing something with high level people and one of them said if he doesn;t eat his hands will shake too much. I don't know what's happening anymore.
Sounds hilarious to me.

TGMIII

Moundir&Tony>you said:
This is the very first trade I found online . The only two other trade I did were done through GAF , I gave all my coolers to someone , and two weeks ago I got a Liberty Launcher from Sourtreats for a reclaimed metal .

I may lower them by 2/3 seconds at most but like people said, once you start messing with the spawn times some maps get messy and one sided.

Yay I have a mic once again! Now I can finally warn about spies and stuffs effectively, since no one but bacon seems to read chat :p

Yeef, cp_frozen_assets is terrible. Y u do dis?!

XeroSauce said:
I hate seeing uninspired name tags like 'Umad?' and other nonsense that takes less then a second to make up. I try to be creative with my name tags and I'm trying to get every weapon tagged.
I'm going to name one of my Demo weapons "Affirmative Action". I just haven't decided which yet. Maybe my Strange Sticky makes the most sense.

Yeef

ArtistDude88 said:
Yay I have a mic once again! Now I can finally warn about spies and stuffs effectively, since no one but bacon seems to read chat :p

Yeef, cp_frozen_assets is terrible. Y u do dis?!
It is terrible. Just looking at it makes it very apparent. Very amateur work.

As I've said before, I generally don't discriminate when it comes to putting maps on the server. I put all of the (A)Symmetry Contest maps on the server of which Frozen Assets was one.

brentech

Curious, what's some of you all's favorite servers? Been going random or using official valve servers up to this point.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
brentech said:
Curious, what's some of you all's favorite servers? Been going random or using official valve servers up to this point.

The NeoGAF servers and occasionally Pony servers if you can tolerate the mic spam.

Blizzard

Banned
Since apparently no one in this thread knows about how to turn with demoman booties, or whether they let you turn much further than charging without them, I'll just post the hall of posters from last thread:

tf2_2_postedru3b.jpg

Narag

brentech said:

Gaf servers, pony servers, valve ctf servers because i fucking love 2fort. Still mad I lost a replay from a valve server of turning a corner as a pyro and finding 4 snipers standing on top of one another. Like a kid at Christmas, I was.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Blizzard said:
Since apparently no one in this thread knows about how to turn with demoman booties, or whether they let you turn much further than charging without them, I'll just post the hall of posters from last thread:

Would probably be on there had I not taken that 6 month break from TF2 there :p

JackEtc

brentech said:
Just hit "Start Playing" and play on Valve servers if you really wanna feel good about yourself.

Play on GAF if you wanna feel awful about yourself :p.

So today I figured out that if I try to trade while in windowed mode, 'hl2' crashes. But it works just fine in fullscreen mode. Any thoughts as to why?

Yeef

divisionbyzorro said:
So today I figured out that if I try to trade while in windowed mode, 'hl2' crashes. But it works just fine in fullscreen mode. Any thoughts as to why?
Do you have any window skinning programs running?

ArtistDude88 said:
Hey, hey, I read it. Do I heed warnings? Not all the time, but I read it for sure.

I kept bringing up the chalkboard a lot during gameplay tonight. Very annoying.

And, man, I seemed to be dying so quickly as Medic, too. Crits, crits, crits...

brentech said:
I've been doing a lot of 24/7 CTF Turbine because it's my favorite game and stage. I'd join the GAF server more often, but I hate Payload so damn much.

DarkKyo

ArtistDude88 said:
I'm surprised I made that list, as I joined GAF about* halfway in LOL
Wow, honestly I'm very surprised I made the list too o_o
Moundir&Tony>you said:
Should have been "Les rêves des morts" .
Lol! It actually is, I just didn't know the keys to press to make it happen right now.
http://tf2b.com/?id=76561198001089564 You can find it with my spy stuff.
Edit: >:/ apparently tf2b doesn't use special characters.. but I can assure you I do have the ê in there.
JackEtc said:
Not gonna lie, that's really badass.
Thanks, it took me so long to think of a good name for my favorite spy weapon. It had to reflect the chilling notion of stealing ones soul and appearance without anybody ever noticing.

Ha..woke up with this installed (i got loaded last night) and loving it thus far...yeah a little LTTP with this one. Im gonna chill at valve servers for awhile like OP suggested, but ill be playing with you guys as soon as I feel a little more comfy playing (i am ASS at kb/m FPS).

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Maybe another name could be.

"Would be useful if it did splash"
"if only it did splash"

Fuck i'm terrible at insulting this weapon and coming up with a good name.

DarkKyo

evlcookie said:
Maybe another name could be.

"Would be useful if it did splash"
"if only it did splash"

Fuck i'm terrible at insulting this weapon and coming up with a good name.
All I ever see is people titling their weapons to make others mad. The worst most over used nametag name is "LOL U MAD?" such creativity!

Honestly the best thing you could do is name it something badass. I named my Brass Beast "The Flesh Displacer" lol

I wanted to change the description on my Blutsauger to something Simpsons-related, but I wasn't sure anyone would get the reference. It was going to be from the episode where Dr. Hibburt tricked Bart into sweating with a button applicator, but I have no idea how many spaces I can work with to fit the quote.

"Couldn't you have just turned up the heat a little?"
"Goodness no! It had to be TERROR sweat!"

XeroSauce

JackFrost said:
Ha..woke up with this installed (i got loaded last night) and loving it thus far...yeah a little LTTP with this one. Im gonna chill at valve servers for awhile like OP suggested, but ill be playing with you guys as soon as I feel a little more comfy playing (i am ASS at kb/m FPS).

Welcome!

Let us know if you need anything, we're pretty friendly.

I'd suggest avoiding the GAF server until you get a bit better though. It's murder on that server most of the time.

Yeef

XeroSauce said:
I'd suggest avoiding the GAF server until you get a bit better though. It's murder on that server most of the time.
Bad advice!

Playing with better players will just make you better faster. Especially considering that most people on the GAF server will tell you what you're doing wrong (even if you're on the other team) if you're doing something really obviously bad.

Narag

Yeef said:
Bad advice!

Playing with better players will just make you better faster. Especially considering that most people on the GAF server will tell you what you're doing wrong (even if you're on the other team) if you're doing something really obviously bad.

Truth. I think i've learned more from the gaf server the few nights I've played than I have screwing around on other servers.

Yeef said:
divisionbyzorro said:
Do you have any window skinning programs running?

No. Just tried disabling Aero, for the heck of it, and the same thing happened. I'm kinda thinking it's one of those random 64-bit bugs than I hear TF2 has...

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Dechaios said:
All I ever see is people titling their weapons to make others mad. The worst most over used nametag name is "LOL U MAD?" such creativity!

Honestly the best thing you could do is name it something badass. I named my Brass Beast "The Flesh Displacer" lol

The problem is, The direct hit is just a bad weapon and I would like to name it accordingly. :D

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
divisionbyzorro said:
No. Just tried disabling Aero, for the heck of it, and the same thing happened. I'm kinda thinking it's one of those random 64-bit bugs than I hear TF2 has...
Win 7 64 bit. I have't had any of those kinds of crashes

Kuro Madoushi said:
Win 7 64 bit. I have't had any of those kinds of crashes

And here I was hoping there was a simple reason. Maybe I should use the nuclear option of deleting TF2 and reinstalling to see if that fixes anything...

brentech

Played a game on the GAF server. Definitely good times. Stuff to do tomorrow morning, so I had to run after that though. Will definitely be looking to continue playing there in the future -- everyone so much more sensible.

divisionbyzorro said:
And here I was hoping there was a simple reason. Maybe I should use the nuclear option of deleting TF2 and reinstalling to see if that fixes anything...

Hope you have fast internet

DarkKyo

evlcookie said:
The problem is, The direct hit is just a bad weapon and I would like to name it accordingly. :D
Hmmm well are you even gonna use the direct hit? If not then don't waste a nametag on it!

Top Bottom