• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Dear all GAF Kritz medics, I want to have all of your babies. Sincerely, ZekeThePlumber

Tell me you didn't feel something on second map of Pipeline yesterday when we killed the entire blue team at the start of the map, Woobie.
Dear all kritz medics. If you have full charge and the person you're healing is already at full health and he's rounding a corner and yells medic and starts firing, that is your cue to use the kritz...

Yeef

Don't forget, HIGHLANDER is this Tuesday.

Don't forget to sign up if you want to play or WITHDRAW if you know you can't.

I changed it over to the new points system. For those of you that don't remember:

So I'm thinking of changing the way the points system works. Right now this is what I have planned, but I want some feedback before I implement it (remember, points are only used to balance the teams after players have been selected):

• 1000 points maximum (1300 with mic bonus)
  • Normal points work the same, but are capped at 500.
  • 0 to 200 points based on your KDR over the last 30 days (up to a max of 4:1)
  • 0 to 300 points based on your W/L ratio over all highlander matches only (up to a max of 3:1)
I'm also planning to add a match history page where you can get a list of all matches with stats. It'll also let you look at the history of a specific player.

Lastly, I'm considering allowing people to sign up to be the SourceTV director if there's enough interest.

I also added a line at the top that tells you how much longer you have to sign up. And I've set up the next event.

I plan on changing the way alternates work. Instead of picking 4 alternates it'll simply rank all of the people who don't get picked and rank them. Then, when picking who will sub in when someone (inevitably) can't play, we'll simply go down the line until someone is found.

Finally, I plan on adding admin functions allowing server admins to create events, set team scores and do other such adminly things right on the web page.

Blizzard

Banned
Points for KDR, but that will encourage farming kills! Everyone will play demoman or something!

And just who is that Ippongi Ryuta guy anyway. D:

Mr_eX

A friend of mine gave me his earbuds the other day(he has only played 2 hours of the game and hasn't touched it in 2 years). Now my two most valuable items are the earbuds and a strange gunslinger. I'm thinking about maybe trying to get a pre-order for Borderlands 2 for them. Anyone know if they're worth enough?

Kirsten

Dear all kritz medics. If you have full charge and the person you're healing is already at full health and he's rounding a corner and yells medic and starts firing, that is your cue to use the kritz...

Nope! I'll hit it whenever I want. You can't tell me what to do. That's the joys of being a medic...in all honesty I generally don't pay attention and hit it whenever I feel like it. I'll just apologize to everyone right now for all the times I've hit it at the wrong time. I'm sorry! Please forgive me :(

Mr_eX

Nope! I'll hit it whenever I want. You can't tell me what to do. That's the joys of being a medic...in all honesty I generally don't pay attention and hit it whenever I feel like it. I'll just apologize to everyone right now for all the times I've hit it at the wrong time. I'm sorry! Please forgive me :(

Are you also one of those medics that hear people say "hit the uber" in the voice chat and then wait until the person you're healing is dead and then trigger it?

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Dear all GAF Kritz medics, I want to have all of your babies. Sincerely, ZekeThePlumber

Tell me you didn't feel something on second map of Pipeline yesterday when we killed the entire blue team at the start of the map, Woobie.

HEY! Woobie's spoken for thank you very much!

I think most GAF medics realize this. Although I did have someone totally mistime the kritz because they didn't get what you're saying and I got blowned up.

In before Kuro says I can't aim or shoot.

Yeef

From now on, when I want people to Uber men I'm going to say "Play it, Sam!" (Brrt.)

That will solve all confusion.

Kirsten

Are you also one of those medics that hear people say "hit the uber" in the voice chat and then wait until the person you're healing is dead and then trigger it?

Not on purpose! Usually it's a matter of me not paying attention. Listen, I'm trying to apologize!

*shrug* I have a button on my mouse bound to "Activate Ubercharge!", to minimize confusion when I'm being healed. If I'm the Kritz Medic, though, I'll just pop it when I see a large group of enemies coming by. I suppose that could be a problem if my buddy doesn't have enough ammo loaded (particularly Soldiers and Demomen), but it's usually sufficient...

Proven

"Your life is in my hands, motherfucker. Don't tell me what the fuck to do!" - Kirsten, 2012
It's ok Kirsten, you can kritz them all to death.

In other news, my Quick-Fix ranked up last night.

From now on, when I want people to Uber men I'm going to say "Play it, Sam!" (Brrt.)

That will solve all confusion.

Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world...

Which reminds me how long ago I needed to watch Casablanca...

HEY! Woobie's spoken for thank you very much!

Uh, no way failengorn, what Woobs and I have is unique and special. Quit tryin to muscle in on my territory. Besides I should mention to all you medics out there that you'll never be able to please failengorn, he'd much rather resort to toys like the Buff Banner because what you do just isn't enough for him. You'd be better off with someone who appreciates you, like me.

You can have Javaman. And as a way of saying no hard feelings, I'm even willing to share Kirsten with you. I'm sure she doesn't mind.

I just played in a server that has a great mod thing on it. It puts giant yellow text on your screen, "HEY FUCKTARD YOUR TEAM DOESN'T NEED ANYMORE SNIPERS" etc etc. I also went medic for a bit (blasphemy, I know) and it showed your target's ammo count so you know if they're fully reloaded to uber. So nice!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I just played in a server that has a great mod thing on it. It puts giant yellow text on your screen, "HEY FUCKTARD YOUR TEAM DOESN'T NEED ANYMORE SNIPERS" etc etc. I also went medic for a bit (blasphemy, I know) and it showed your target's ammo count so you know if they're fully reloaded to uber. So nice!
Hmm...a server from lemeullier.DLL? Epic french RAgE

And don't be silly Failuregorn. Your worst defect is not protecting medics.

Javaman

Uh, no way failengorn, what Woobs and I have is unique and special. Quit tryin to muscle in on my territory. Besides I should mention to all you medics out there that you'll never be able to please failengorn, he'd much rather resort to toys like the Buff Banner because what you do just isn't enough for him. You'd be better off with someone who appreciates you, like me.

You can have Javaman. And as a way of saying no hard feelings, I'm even willing to share Kirsten with you. I'm sure she doesn't mind.

*Swoon*

Yeef

Teams are generated!

I have a bad feeling this is going to be another Red Team win. D:

RED TEAM (4729.91 points)
Scout: Snacks the sober sea lion
Soldier: Joe Cutie Pretty
Pyro: SolidSnake
Demoman: wartime
Heavy: Professor Beef
Engineer: Tom Servo
Medic: Incarcerated Scarfaces
Sniper: Ippongi Ryuta
Spy: DogWelder

BLU TEAM (4565.97 POINTS)
Scout: The Apex Sajjaja
Soldier: Borgnine
Pyro: sixghost
Demoman: Oreoleo
Heavy: Soka
Engineer: Tangmaster96
Medic: Yeef (oh god!)
Sniper: Forkball
Spy: MattB92

ALTERNATE ORDER
  1. Blizzard
  2. ZekeThePlumber
  3. Grimm
  4. Woobie
  5. Cloudius
  6. Doumeki Kai
  7. Yasae
  8. Oktoberfest
  9. Proven

Blizzard

Banned
Noooo! And even though I was in the top 14 people by that random point thing, I get knocked out of the top 18 spots! I have failed to play in 2 out of 4 weeks! Hear my gibbering rage! :(

I will conspire to knock someone out, like that Ippongi Ryuta guy. Who is that guy, anyway! Or Yeef, Yeef can man the SourceTV while the other people play. Yeef plays all the time!

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Ippongi Ryuta is the normal difficulty cheerleader in Ouendan my cousin! I hope you enjoy getting headshot by him, Blu. :D

He doesn't get to play often on the Jank because it requires him borrowing his brother's computer...

Yeef

Also, if anyone wants to be the SourceTV director, just let me know.

[EDIT] I think Dreams Visions' lack of history is what's thrown things off. I guess I'll edit the script so that, in the future, people with no history are assumed to have all 1:1 ratios and 250 stats points for a total of 400.

Yeef

I have made an executive decision and swapped heavies. Soka is now the Blu heavy and Beef the Red heavy. I've also gone and made the default points for people with no history 400.

So says the bear!

Sajjaja

I have made an executive decision and swapped heavies. Soka is now the Blu heavy and Beef the Red heavy. I've also gone and made the default points for people with no history 400.

So says the bear!
ralphal.jpg

So says the bear!

Heavy switch, eh? I can't tell if that hurts Red's chances or not.

AT LEAST I'M NOT ENGY THOUGH HYUK HYUK

Teams are generated!

I have a bad feeling this is going to be another Red Team win. D:

RED TEAM (4729.91 points)
Scout: Snacks the sober sea lion
Soldier: Joe Cutie Pretty
Pyro: SolidSnake
Demoman: wartime
Heavy: Professor Beef
Engineer: Tom Servo
Medic: Incarcerated Scarfaces
Sniper: Ippongi Ryuta
Spy: DogWelder

BLU TEAM (4565.97 POINTS)
Scout: The Apex Sajjaja
Soldier: Borgnine
Pyro: sixghost
Demoman: Oreoleo
Heavy: Soka
Engineer: Tangmaster96
Medic: Yeef (oh god!)
Sniper: Forkball
Spy: MattB92

ALTERNATE ORDER
  1. Blizzard
  2. ZekeThePlumber
  3. Grimm
  4. Woobie
  5. Cloudius
  6. Doumeki Kai
  7. Yasae
  8. Oktoberfest
  9. Proven

Mini sentry montage?

WARTIME IS BEING A DEMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blizzard

Banned
Mini sentry montage?

WARTIME IS BEING A DEMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How about if wartime were to say, vanish for a few days, and I took his spot. Wouldn't that be something!

I'd rather Forkball have an unfortunate huntsman accident instead, but Forkball is always playing

Sajjaja

When will we stop Highlander? Cause I think I may not be able to make it after all.

EDIT: I will have to leave at like 8:50 and be back at 9:20 so I guess someone else will have to take my spot as scout.

Yeef

When will we stop Highlander? Cause I think I may not be able to make it after all.
Stop?

That all depends on when people show up. If everyone is there on time (8:30 East Coast) and each map lasts about a half hour then it'll go until about 10 or so.

wtf

I would switch Snacks and Sajjaja, then you might have a winning chance Blu.

Ippongi Ryuta is a decent sniper.

Edit: Yo gais, Yeef said he is the best medic in the world!

Also seems I'm replacing Apex until he returns and wants his place back.

Blizzard

Banned
wtf

I would switch Snacks and Sajjaja, then you might have a winning chance Blu.

Ippongi Ryuta is a decent sniper.

Edit: Yo gais, Yeef said he is the best medic in the world!

Also seems I'm replacing Apex until he returns and wants his place back.
Wait, how come I'm #1 on the replacement list and you get subbed in if Apex couldn't play. ;_;

If I get skipped next time and only get to play in 2/6 of highlanders, I'm going to know Yeef is just doing it on purpose!

*edit* And now Cloudius has been moved to an actual spot, and Apex has replaced me as the #1 alternate, and Yeef's post didn't even update. So much hax.

WTF?!?!?! Today is Monday?!?!??!! I thought it was Tuesday.... Nevermind... I can play Highlander.....

Wait, how come I'm #1 on the replacement list and you get subbed in if Apex couldn't play. ;_;

If I get skipped next time and only get to play in 2/6 of highlanders, I'm going to know Yeef is just doing it on purpose!

*edit* And now Cloudius has been moved to an actual spot, and Apex has replaced me as the #1 alternate, and Yeef's post didn't even update. So much hax.

I should be back to my normal spot now. Apex is back in. Its not really the order in which you are available, I think? Because I had Scout as my first pick.

Yeef

I should be back to my normal spot now. Apex is back in. Its not really the order in which you are available, I think? Because I had Scout as my first pick.
It goes by priority then by class selections. Since you Blizzard through Cloudius all were the same priority and Cloudius had Scout as his first pick he was asked first.

Yeef

I am the best medic. Everytime I played medic tonight I was #1.

I even killed Javaman a bunch of times as medic while HE was medic.

You're going down tomorrow, Red!

Due to admin abuse! sm_freeze @red

Top Bottom