• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Blizzard

Banned
I never use huntsman except to dick around. And I agree with Dog, I'm somewhere in the middle in the GAF skill level. Like in baseball, I'm not going to have 50 home runs, but i have a good on base percentage. This metaphor makes sense if you dig deep.
So what you're saying is, like in baseball, you have a hamstring injury and are sitting today's game out?

sixghost

I never use huntsman except to dick around. And I agree with Dog, I'm somewhere in the middle in the GAF skill level. Like in baseball, I'm not going to have 50 home runs, but i have a good on base percentage. This metaphor makes sense if you dig deep.

Like the hypothetical "Replacement Player" used to determine Value Over Replacement Player in baseball sabermetrics.
A replacement player performs at "replacement level," which is the level of performance an average team can expect when trying to replace a player at minimal cost, also known as "freely available talent."

Oh god please let us go full halo thread/sabermetrics and use the server data to give everybody war ratings.

wpa is probably a more realistic stat to look at

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
If we continue with baseball metaphors it's only a matter of time before we get to the pitcher/catcher relationship that Yasae and I share.

Javaman

I'm looking forward to seeing six and wartime face off. Should make for an interesting defense since he's such a good pyro. Who's the red medic? Wartime need a full time medic for auto red-win.

Sajjaja

Any of you D3 players actually get play time yet? Heard the servers are unstable as shit and queue problems.

I lol'd at this response:

Diablo 2 was the fastest selling game ever when it came out, so it's entirely reasonable that Blizzard just didn't realise there would be so many wanting to play the game. I mean, it's not like they know how many digital preorders there were or how many physical copies were pressed. Also, they probably don't even have any experience in a large scale online venture.

EDIT: Also... someone gimme a guest pass, I need to see how well it will run on my lappy :eek: Thanks.

Blizzard

Banned
Yeah, Cloudius has been bothering me as well Blizzard about wanting to take a spot. We should give it to him, don't you think?
Well there was that whole scout debacle, where Cloudius had a higher preference scored for scout than me. However, I have a #8 marked to spy, which is higher than any other alternate. Cloudius didn't even put a preference for spy, indicating he doesn't even know what a spy is! D:

Pretty please? (I can be there at 8:30 or 8:15 to play spy, possibly even 8 if I have to)

And besides, I can't be worse than JAVASPY, now can I! Hohoho.

Sajjaja

Well there was that whole scout debacle, where Cloudius had a higher preference scored for scout than me. However, I have a #8 marked to spy, which is higher than anyone else. Cloudius didn't even put a preference for spy, indicating he doesn't even know what a spy is! D:

Pretty please? (I can be there at 8:30 or 8:15 to play spy, possibly even 8 if I have to)

I believe there still lies the issue of giving Yeef sexual favours. Preferably something involving Winnie the Pooh, Charmin Toilet Paper, porridge, and little girls in beds.

DogWelder

wartime would have like an +8.3 WAR if he were in his prime, but from what I've seen as of late he's been a little rusty; it's like he's coming off an injury so he'd drop to a solid +5 or so.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
I'll add you guys when I get back home.
5th 12hour day I've had in two weeks. :(

I play TF2 for the peoples so if some of them start playing D3, that would make it a better game.
Javaman#1853

Will you be able to krtiz my monk?

Yeef

They don't make Cool Ranch Doritos anymore? I swear they sell them in the convenience store down the street from me....
Learn to read, man! Learn to read!

img-thing

51Ge3UzU8aL._SL500_AA280_PIbundle-104,TopRight,0,0_AA280_SH20_.jpg

Yeef

When did they change to the inferior level of coolness?
They were originally Cool Ranch, then in the 90s they went to Cooler and changed the recipe (added more buttermilk and spices).

Then in the mid-2000s they changed the name back to just "Cool" Ranch, but kept the new recipe.

sixghost

They were originally Cool Ranch, then in the 90s they went to Cooler and changed the recipe (added more buttermilk and spices).

Then in the mid-2000s they changed the name back to just "Cool" Ranch, but kept the new recipe.

It got New Coke'd

Oreoleo

Did I almost completely forget about Highlander while playing DayZ? Nope, no siree not even close >_>

Just let me scarf down dinner real fast and I'll be ready.

Javaman

I feel like freaking Caesar. Eating fresh fruit while watching you all fight to the death in an arena. This is much more relaxing than playing.

Sajjaja

Again guys, I'm super sorry for leaving, bro usually takes the bus but was bitching about being "tired." I see you've got Kai hope you guys have a good game.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Yay Blu! I'm glad I got to sub in for this.

Snacks is terrifying, I never want to go Scout v Scout with him again. D:

Blizzard

Banned
Thanks for the sandwich, I ate one.

I was a spy with more than 0 points so I feel like I contributed. Professor Beef was about the only person I could ever backstab though, since he never looks behind him.

One time I pointblank stabbed professor beef on the cart, and instead it apparently killed wartime who was facing me, a foot or two behind beef, or something. It was confusing.

The Fuck yous props I need to give:

Oreo/Soka + Yeef - :( Shittons of times I get bodied by this shit.
sixghost - This guys comes out of nowhere.
Ex Machina - Dunno how many times you kill me when I almost had a full uber/kritz.
Cloudius (myself) - for being laggy and getting killed before I could activate kritz/uber, I know I should just activated when i get it in intense matches like this, but I always want to wait for a cue or something to maximize uber potential.

Blu team wins 2-1

Also fuck Foundry, I would rather play Coldfront.

Blizzard

Banned
So good. Most fun TF2 I've played in a while.
The best was that time during one match where you were like "CRIKEY WAS THAT A WOMAN I HEARD" and we were like uhhhhhhh and then finally the person admitted they were a woman and you were like "Hey babe" and we all sat around in awkward silence.

But we went out for fish and chips afterwards so it wasn't all bad.

I was a spy with more than 0 points so I feel like I contributed. Professor Beef was about the only person I could ever backstab though, since he never looks behind him.

I was taught that you must move forward, not backward. Upwards, not forwards!

And the only time someone warned me about people shooting at me was after I had already died.

*death screen on Foundry*
"Oh, watch out for the Heavy to your right."

Top Bottom