• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Sianos

I left advice to leave the signs clip.

That was one of my favorite things about the map! More maps should give mobile classes secret perches like that.

He'd better not make it so you can't stand on the signs.

HE'D BETTER NOT.

In other news,

HAVE A VIDEO

What ever happens, this videos proves how awesome vavle is (yes, i said it. Insanely long developpement time for a new game mod is, to me a form of genius because it wasn't advertise, market, promessed or even expected)

Forkball

Weird, TF2 updated on a Saturday? Let me just check what they chang-

tumblr_m5ahh6LzAr1qztwte.gif

[edit] Note that he gives the gravel to Elizabeth, which is either the announcer or her ancestor. WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN?

Forkball

I'm just going to copypasta something ned posted:

Sniper's codes are looking like they're a MIDI file.

Basically, each class says a "joke" in text chat when a person with the capacitor high fives. Each "joke" is actually lines of binary, with each word in the joke referencing a byte of binary, and the year of the joke is the order for the bytes.

A joke looks like this

Did you hear the story from 1304 where Archimedes, Archimedes, Enormous Haunted Eyeball, Dr. Whoa, Familiar Fez, Dispenser, Private Eye, Direct Hit, and the Administrator walked into a bar?

It always starts with a year and always ends with the Administrator. Each person has a fairly unique year associated with them (but it does repeat for a number of people)

So far Spy's has been cracked. It was a zip file, but it required a password. Engineer's is straight source code that does some simple math, but it's not fully cracked. Sniper's is a Midi. Demoman is a .txt file. There's also a PNG in there, and an EXE, I don't remember the classes they go with.

This is basically the Banana ARG of last month on steroids. It doesn't help High Fives and Capacitors are rare items.

So each code a class says is related to a different type of file. The pyromania update wasn't an ARG. IT WAS PRACTICE.

[edit] Pro trade.

QTA6

Forkball

Soldier's code has been deciphered.

soldier.png

It says councilman upside down.

Engy's is resistor.

It seems obvious that the password to the Spy's zip file is all eight words made into a sentence. Also, the Heavy's joke mentions "Book of Forbidden Knowledge and Ancient Wickedness" which is not in the game, but may refer to the secret diary.

I'm guessing lag compensation? It fired the needles late and corrected the direction? :U

Either way, that was a great stairstab. I'll save a replay and analyze it in full.

But I didn't kill you, it said I finished you off. And you didn't fall off the staircase or anything...

Forkball

All have been cracked except for scout, pyro, medic. They appear to be random words and not a full sentence. But it's extremely likely that the eight words are the password to the spy's zip file.

Edit: Pyro has been cracked, baboon.

Sianos

So, Gray built his own portable life extender machine that works much better than Radigun's...

THEN WHO WAS PHONE HAS THE THIRD ORIGINAL LIFE EXTENDER MACHINE????

And if Gray Mann hated his family and only revealed himself to Redmond and Blutarch over a hundred years later...

WHO IS THE MYSTERY MAN IN THE PHOTOGRAPH?????

Forkball

So, Gray built his own portable life extender machine that works much better than Radigun's...

THEN WHO WAS PHONE HAS THE THIRD ORIGINAL LIFE EXTENDER MACHINE????

And if Gray Mann hated his family and only revealed himself to Redmond and Blutarch over a hundred years later...

WHO IS THE MYSTERY MAN IN THE PHOTOGRAPH?????

Good points. Maybe we will get the answers... or probably not.

Also, did anyone notice how upset Barnabus Hale was when he found out Zephaniah's wife died? Either A) the kids really belong to Hale or B) it was just to show how big of a jerk Zeph was.

ROBOTS

[edit] Old news, but the blood splatters over the letters spell out tobor.

tumblr_m8mz3vGYve1rtyi2jo1_500.jpg

Sianos

Where do you click on the blog to find that?

Some guys equipped the Damaged Capacitor and Hi Fived, revealing a hidden joke. Turns out everyone has three unique jokes across multiple classes. People then decoded them into different files because this is Valve, yielding among others a locked Spy file. After figuring out the others, they were able to decipher the code to find a sheet of paper with a crafting recipe written on it. This recipe crafted into a system error which revealed the secret comic.

he was unusually good compared to the normal people there, didn't recognize the name though. should've played soldier against him. i was on tyrone's stream yesterday too :-|

Alienups

Yeah he got a couple of nice airshots on you on your respawn drop. Your airstrafing looked pretty good though.

Every time i sit down and watch a stream someone i know pops up.

Proven

Holy shit. I go away for a BBQ with friends and come back to Blood Brothers.

THIS UPDATE BETTER NOT COINCIDE WITH THE GUILD WARS 2 LAUNCH, VALVE.

Sianos

Holy shit. I go away for a BBQ with friends and come back to Blood Brothers.

THIS UPDATE BETTER NOT COINCIDE WITH THE GUILD WARS 2 LAUNCH, VALVE.

Why don't instead of wearing yourself out on one game, you play and enjoy both and keep each feeling fresh? :p

Sianos

So within the "Secret Room" of Sd_Doomsday there was a map the BLU spy was face-palming infront of here:

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Fi...secret_map.png

On the upper right resembles cp_foundry, the lower right resembles sd_doomsday, and finally on the left...appears to be Mann Co. HQ

Addition: I understand there are geographical names underneath these landmarks. please take note that these are not the map names. Its entirely likely that sd_doomsday takes place in "cactus valley" but you're not playing "cactus valley" you're playing sd_doomsday.

In the final panel of the blood brothers comic here:

http://www.teamfortress.com/bloodbrothers/#f=42

we see Grey looking towards Mann Co. aiming to take control of Saxton Hale's reserve of australium and weapons production. Things are stacking up....

This makes too much sense.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
New jump video by Dellort:

http://youtu.be/IZkuj0RFQWo
Sigh...least played class....I gotta get this down some day...

Scout is faster and more satisfying one on one
Pyro is great for destroying spies and crap players
Demo is op and a game changer in the right hands
Engine is so versatile and helps the team
Heavy is fun for pissing off Crushed.
Medic is a game changer and can make a crap team into an OK one.
Sniping is fun to practice and when you get on a hot streak you can really mess the other team up.
Spies still suck.

Sianos

Sigh...least played class....I gotta get this down some day...

Scout is faster and more satisfying one on one
Pyro is great for destroying spies and crap players
Demo is op and a game changer in the right hands
Engine is so versatile and helps the team
Heavy is fun for pissing off Crushed.
Medic is a game changer and can make a crap team into an OK one.
Sniping is fun to practice and when you get on a hot streak you can really mess the other team up.
Spies still suck.

I've been loving Soldier lately, so much fun. You're so versatile: you have high mobility, high health, a strong primary, a different secondary to fill any niche you want, and most importantly high mobility. Rocket jumping is so good! <3

I think I'm done with Spy for a long while, tired of fighting the stab registration and I get twice as much done as Soldier anyways. Plus, ROCKET JUMPING.

Clydefrog

there's a new server in town. you're all welcome to join. it's the regulars from Lion's Den splitting off because of, uhh, irreconcilable differences.

it's called Shiny. see you guys there

Top Bottom