• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Bauhaus

Banned
x0mOt.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/209270
They haven't added the items to the game.

Sianos

The new promos look... poorly made. They stick out from the art style, not because they are too futuristic or don't fit the character but just the way they're designed and colored. Maybe it's just that shot, but they look plasticy and gaudy.

HAT FORTRESS 2.

Holy shit.

Woke up to idle account having dropped these two, IN A ROW:

There have got to be some pretty astronomical odds involved here.

I got two hats on my idler a while ago as well. :O

I believe the Demo wizard hat and the Spy beret.

272 MB

An update to Team Fortress 2 has been released. The update will be applied automatically when you restart Team Fortress 2. The major changes include:

Added new map Koth_King
Added the Ready Steady Pan tournament medals
Added new promo items
Fixed a Medigun exploit that could leave players indefinitely invulnerable
Fixed sentry gun sometimes placing wrong, being rotated into the ground and pointing upward
Renamed "The Huo Long Heatmaker" to "The Huo-Long Heater"
Updated the localization files
Updated the Neon Annihilator
Materials now animate
Damage penalty only applies to players (not buildings)
Can damage sappers

Neon Slightly buffed.

This new map doesn't fit in the TF2 aesthetic at all. Layout wise, I guess it's okay. It's probably going to be a goddamn spy playground with all the corridors, corners, and stairs everywhere.

Alienups

This new map doesn't fit in the TF2 aesthetic at all.

While i was moaning about some of the new items not fitting the games aesthetic at all earlier i couldn't care less about the maps. So sick of every damn map looking the same.

This gives me a Human Revolution vibe and i'm okay with that.

alot of flanking

Also, I'm sure someone is on it already, but no clip around the map and see if you find anything hidden. I didn't get a chance to.

Proven

I don't know, I think it's because I like variety too much, but the hats always seemed to fit the style. The characters are going on wild and crazy adventures while killing each other, and the trinkets they pick up in their travels are their status symbols. They've gone to Egypt, they could have easily had battles on pirate ships, and jungle panthers should fear them too. Now they're in downtown China.

I like to vainly believe that the constant updates give people a frame of reference for their fanfiction, so it's not just constant slash fiction between the Engineer and Spy on Dustbowl.

thefro

I like the new map... breath of fresh air for TF2.

It's pretty much constant flank routes, which is neat. I think you can probably get up on some of the balconies with rocket/sentry/sticky jumping.

I like the look of the new map, but I won't be able to hop into it until my GPU comes back from RMA. As much as most TF2 maps stuck to a consistent look, it gave the maps a homogenized feel that I'm glad this one is breaking out of. We can only have so many maps of industrial blu buildings vs wooden red ones. It's refreshing.

How can you find out if a hat is duped or not ?
If you look at the details of the item in your backpack in tf2items.com and you're not the last person that has the hat, then it's duped. Also if it shows "This item potentially still exists. Check the user's backpack to verify." check if it has the same hat.

Alienups

I like the look of the new map, but I won't be able to hop into it until my GPU comes back from RMA. As much as most TF2 maps stuck to a consistent look, it gave the maps a homogenized feel that I'm glad this one is breaking out of. We can only have so many maps of industrial blu buildings vs wooden red ones. It's refreshing.

If you look at the details of the item in your backpack in tf2items.com and you're not the last person that has the hat, then it's duped. Also if it shows "This item potentially still exists. Check the user's backpack to verify." check if it has the same hat.

Ah, looks like my Sunbeams Stuntman has been duped several times then. Whoops.

Sianos

I like the new map... breath of fresh air for TF2.

It's pretty much constant flank routes, which is neat. I think you can probably get up on some of the balconies with rocket/sentry/sticky jumping.

The skybox is nice and high, lots of secret perches for jump classes, lots of flank routes, a spawn with mutliple exits, and a variety between the nice and open mid point and enclosed flank routes and back alleys.

I want to play it in full before passing judgement, but from what I've seen it looks excellently designed.

KarmaCow

The Neon Annihilator isn't half bad. It's still pretty situational and I wouldn't use it over the Mailbox most of the time but with the right map, it's useful.

Top Bottom