• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

thefro

But I LOVE Mini Sentries!!! It's the ultimate troll loadout! - Gaming Side on TF2

On the fence about recommending new players to stick to the play now button. They're new to FPSes, maybe they should try simpler modes on servers with less experienced players.

Also, they'll probably play Mini Sentry Engie.

You have to earn the Gunslinger by getting Engineer achievements unless you just buy it.

Seriously, I probably played for 10 hours after it went F2P before I saw someone using a Gunslinger.

All new players should start as an Engineer or Medic, and possibly Heavy.

All players with some slight experience with FPS games should start with Soldier, Sniper or Pyro, and possibly Heavy.

All players who have only played FPS games and are therefore way too good at them should use Scout, Demoman, Sniper or Soldier, and possibly Heavy.

Nobody pick Spy because only whiners pick Spies...and possibly Heavies.

Clydefrog

oh my god this update

H4S8D.gif

Ezduo

Banned
Alright, just redownloaded Team Fortress 2 for the first time since the Engineer update. Inbetween I traded all of my items for a free copy of Killing Floor so the only thing currently in my inventory is my grizzled veteran medal. I'm a bit hazy but the weapons I remember that were pretty much objectively better than their originals were the axtinguisher, killing gloves of boxing, blutsauger, ubersaw and cloak & dagger so I plan on trying to get those back. Are these still good? Are there any new weapons that I flat out need or are really popular? That includes the engineer update as well since I didn't really mess around with his items much.

Alright, just redownloaded Team Fortress 2 for the first time since the Engineer update. Inbetween I traded all of my items for a free copy of Killing Floor so the only thing currently in my inventory is my grizzled veteran medal. I'm a bit hazy but the weapons I remember that were pretty much objectively better than their originals were the axtinguisher, killing gloves of boxing, blutsauger, ubersaw and cloak & dagger so I plan on trying to get those back. Are these still good? Are there any new weapons that I flat out need or are really popular? That includes the engineer update as well since I didn't really mess around with his items much.

The Cloak & Dagger isn't and never was better than the regular invisi watch. You need the Escape Plan for soldier too, but all of his melee weapons are better than default anyway.

Ezduo

Banned
That one isn't and never was better than the regular invisi watch.
I always found it a lot more useful since I never had to rush to uncloak which gave me time to properly plan out attacks.

Also helpful when getting steamrolled and you just want to wander out somewhere and hide while your team gets spawnkilled.

Sianos

The Cloak and Dagger is great for intel (not capping the intel, but team communications) and getting those delicious game changing uber medic picks. In most cases though, the stock watch is better.

Most classes have a melee weapon generally better than the stock melee weapon, but other than that it all comes down to preference. Stock is still one of the most powerful loadouts for every class.

Javaman

I always found it a lot more useful since I never had to rush to uncloak which gave me time to properly plan out attacks.

Also helpful when getting steamrolled and you just want to wander out somewhere and hide while your team gets spawnkilled.

Once you get used to where the ammo spots are you can usually get to the red spawn staying invisible the whole time with the invisible watch. It's much quicker too. That other one makes you waste sooo much time that could be better spent taking out teles or face stabbing Javaman.

I am excited for this. Can't wait to see how the Pyro plays in this gamemode ... but the thought of airblasts and flare guns being useful make me INCREDIBLY HAPPY :D

Alienups

Talking with a friend who started working at Larian studios a while ago. I will convince them to include TF2 pre-order items in Divinity: Original Sin, i swear it!

Top Bottom