• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

thefro

Let me know... I'm on now but will definitely be on from 8 on to go through some stuff.

The biggest key on D, particularly on points 2 & 3 is to have a couple classes to hold those flank routes. Also it's key for someone to call out if we wipe a few of them and they fall back (and how far back they go) so I know if I can rebuild the sentry or need to fall back to the next area.

The Sniper can especially wreck a lot of havoc from those two flank areas, so keep that in mind on offense & defense.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Listen server is up for anyone who wants to just walk around the map. Quote for info!

You must download the map before connecting, since you won't be able to get it by just connecting to the server. Might take a while to load, but you'll get in eventually... thanks to Steve for being my technical guinea pig. :p

I'm going to leave it online and sit in Mumble if anyone wants to chat. Most people won't be coming online till 8, 8:30 though.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Guys might want to watch out for going through teles...we had a lot of instances where a spy just camped the shit out of it...got backstabbed 4 times going through it.

Sianos

Well, it's all over guys. Now that Dudebro is coming out, TF2 is going to lose 95% of its playerbase.

Muskelmannbraun Bill's Hat, black All-Father, black Summer Shades.

The ultimate loadout.

Guys might want to watch out for going through teles...we had a lot of instances where a spy just camped the shit out of it...got backstabbed 4 times going through it.

Make sure teles are against a wall facing away from it or even better facing outwards from a corner where they cannot by camped from behind.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Muskelmannbraun Bill's Hat, black All-Father, black Summer Shades.

The ultimate loadout.

Make sure teles are against a wall facing away from it or even better facing outwards from a corner where they cannot by camped from behind.

tell that to our goddamn engie

Blizzard

Banned
Looks like GAF won their match.
Janky Bunch won both rounds. We gave up I think 3 points the first time, and 2 points the second time. I did really badly, bottom of the scoreboard and middle of the scoreboard, so thanks to everyone else for carrying, especially Machina's demo.

The second game I did do a little better and I think I dominated AssTrousers, which made it all worth it.

Janky Bunch won both rounds. We gave up I think 3 points the first time, and 2 points the second time. I did really badly, bottom of the scoreboard and middle of the scoreboard, so thanks to everyone else for carrying, especially Machina's demo.

The second game I did do a little better and I think I dominated AssTrousers, which made it all worth it.

Good. Did my tips help at all?

FOXHOUND...

ibgkM6A0c3p4Dk.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
I'm calling it now, Foxhound undefeated #1! You should have gone for the competitive red/blue steel. I forget how it broke down. Or silver!

Sianos

Excellent, excellent job by everyone. Despite Panties losing the Wrangler and East crashing during uber we won decisively. First round we capped through in half the time they did, second round we pushed last faster than they got four and held valiantly through.

Next map is Granary, a personal favorite of mine. Just three more to go for a perfect season (minus lolupward).

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Excellent, excellent job by everyone. Despite Panties losing the Wrangler and East crashing during uber we won decisively. First round we capped through in half the time they did, second round we pushed last faster than they got four and held valiantly through.

Next map is Granary, a personal favorite of mine. Just three more to go for a perfect season (minus lolupward).
Granary is great fun. I'll be drunk in Dominican Republic, so remind East to call his goddamn ubers.

Proven

I realized that I'm going to be in an awkward position when two Halloween updates come out for two games that each end with the number two.

I subbed in for Matt as Spy and had a good time. I think I've played Spy less than 20 hours total despite playing TF2 since beta, and probably 2/3rds of that time was just dicking around, so it's safe to say I was rusty as hell.

On the bright side, I still had more points than a few people on the team, BLIZZARD!

Yeef

I realized that I'm going to be in an awkward position when two Halloween updates come out for two games that each end with the number two.
Nope.

TF2 Halloween goes like this:

Everyone plays for the entire night when it's first released.

Everyone takes their yearly TF2 hiatus starting the next day.

Blizzard

Banned

What happened on upwards?

I subbed in for Matt as Spy and had a good time. I think I've played Spy less than 20 hours total despite playing TF2 since beta, and probably 2/3rds of that time was just dicking around, so it's safe to say I was rusty as hell.

On the bright side, I still had more points than a few people on the team, BLIZZARD!
I was not only horrible, I already admitted it several posts ago!

Neither team signed up in time for upwards. Which we probably would have won easily due to it being the beginning of the season, and the chances of us being matched with a weaker team was higher. As opposed to now, where every team we'll play will be undefeated or have one loss.

Granary can get stalematey. Lots of uber-building.

thefro

We did a solid job overall, but the other team definitely wasn't very good. They put up some resistance but they'd get befuddled when I moved the level 3 to a different spot. Of course it always makes it easier when the rest of the team is killing a lot of them before they get into sentry range.

Their spy was really patient and got a few backstabs on me while I was wrangling the gun (one thing I missed with Nihon Tiger being out, no pyro support). Spot on the roof on the 3rd point worked out pretty well there since he had to get through a couple other players to get to the gun and I didn't really have to wrangle it that much there.

For the CP & KOTH maps coming up I shouldn't need pyro support so that shouldn't be an issue unless we make it to Badwater.

I don't know what team Snacks is on, is it some other non-GAF team?

But, FOX and the Jankerators are a collective 7-0 so far this season. Go Team GAF Go!

We did a solid job overall, but the other team definitely wasn't very good. They put up some resistance but they'd get befuddled when I moved the level 3 to a different spot. Of course it always makes it easier when the rest of the team is killing a lot of them before they get into sentry range.

Their spy was really patient and got a few backstabs on me while I was wrangling the gun (one thing I missed with Nihon Tiger being out, no pyro support). Spot on the roof on the 3rd point worked out pretty well there since he had to get through a couple other players to get to the gun and I didn't really have to wrangle it that much there.

For the CP & KOTH maps coming up I shouldn't need pyro support so that shouldn't be an issue unless we make it to Badwater.

You say "if" like there's some uncertainty. :p

Liquidsnake1010

Neo Member
Big shout out to everyone that came out to play yesterday. Especially the people (Dante and Grimm) who had school. Also, the people (Kuro) who were wanking to our STV. Well done yalls, another win :)

Liquidsnake1010

Neo Member
PSA: If Kirsten asks you for a book suggestion don't make the same mistake I did.

k spade: HEY
k spade: i need a book suggestion
SolidSnake [FOX]: fiction? or non fiction
k spade: A GOOD BOOK
k spade: let me tell you what books ive read
k spade: recently
k spade: the 50 shades of grey triology
k spade: hunger games trilogy
k spade: twilight
k spade: harry potter
k spade: i read books for children
k spade: well 50 shades not so much
SolidSnake [FOX]: wow, didn't know that was a trilogy
SolidSnake [FOX]: hmm books for kids eh
SolidSnake [FOX]: wait wait have you raed the LOTR series?
k spade: I just mean
SolidSnake [FOX]: what aboutt he Game of Thrones?
k spade: my reading level is that of a child
SolidSnake [FOX]: lol, well i am sure that you can read LOTR or GoT
k spade: im not a boy
k spade: although you and DW seem to think so
k spade: LOL he told me how he got his wallet stolen
SolidSnake [FOX]: sheeeeeeeeeit
SolidSnake [FOX]: stolen?
SolidSnake [FOX]: i thoguht he dun misplaced it
k spade: someone stole it from his pants
k spade: or hes a liar
SolidSnake [FOX]: read this: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51U1bJRLTEL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
k spade: ....
k spade: you know me so well
SolidSnake [FOX]: I KNOW, RIGHT?
k spade: http://www.amazon.com/dp/0316056871/?tag=neogaf0e-20
k spade: panny suggested that
SolidSnake [FOX]: *brofist*
k spade: he knows me much better than you
SolidSnake [FOX]: I like panny
SolidSnake [FOX]: he knows how to cook
SolidSnake [FOX]: I think you should read this: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008VF567I/?tag=neogaf0e-20
k spade: how would you know that
k spade: he CLAIMS he knows how to cook
SolidSnake [FOX]: you can up your street cred on the farm
SolidSnake [FOX]: AINT nobody gon mess with you
k spade: thank you........
k spade: :|
SolidSnake [FOX]: he sounds like he knows what he is doing
k spade: I like the phrase you searched
k spade: you dick
SolidSnake [FOX]: any time broseph :)
SolidSnake [FOX]: what phrase
SolidSnake [FOX]: OH SHIT
k spade: "a book for bitches"
SolidSnake [FOX]: IT SHOWS THAT
SolidSnake [FOX]: WUT
k spade: YES
k spade: IM GOING TO FUCK YOU UP
SolidSnake [FOX]: DANGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
SolidSnake [FOX]: i dun wetted mah britches
k spade: I hate you

Blizzard

Banned
Big shout out to everyone that came out to play yesterday. Especially the people (Dante and Grimm) who had school. Also, the people (Kuro) who were wanking to our STV. Well done yalls, another win :)
There was an STV? I liked the part where I went into the chat channel and was like ANYONE GOT A SOURCETV STREAM and Java was like is there SourceTV and I sent a Steam IM or two begging for SourceTV and no one had any clue such a thing existed.

Next time post the link beforehand please! ;_;

Kirsten, do you want fiction or nonfiction? I'm currently reading the Wool Omnibus and it's cool. It's futuristic societal stuff after an apocalypse, like the life of people in a Fallout 3 vault.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I was only listening while pub stomping.

Lol books for bitches. You are learning well, young padawan.

I was only listening while pub stomping.

Lol books for bitches. You are learning well, young padawan.

Good thing you weren't watching or else you would have seen all the demeaning things Quote was saying about you in the chat.

Also, I need to get expert Mannworks done still. I need some people who'll tough it out till the end. This will be the third attempt thus far.

There was an STV? I liked the part where I went into the chat channel and was like ANYONE GOT A SOURCETV STREAM and Java was like is there SourceTV and I sent a Steam IM or two begging for SourceTV and no one had any clue such a thing existed.

Next time post the link beforehand please! ;_;

Consider this a PSA for anyone who wants watch any matches via SourceTV. Go to your friends tab and view the server info of the match you want to watch. Copy the server information which should be the IP address followed by a colon and then the port which is usually 27015 or 27018 I think. Type connect into your console and then paste what you just copied but change the last two digits to 20 so it reads 27020. This is the port most servers use for SourceTV so once you enter that in you should be set.

Blizzard

Banned
Consider this a PSA for anyone who wants watch any matches via SourceTV. Go to your friends tab and view the server info of the match you want to watch. Copy the server information which should be the IP address followed by a colon and then the port which is usually 27015 or 27018 I think. Type connect into your console and then paste what you just copied but change the last two digits to 20 so it reads 27020. This is the port most servers use for SourceTV so once you enter that in you should be set.
This is neat, thanks!

Top Bottom