• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Blizzard

Banned
The true downfall of KSRF was finding out there were no medals. :U
I still remember this. I think the second half of KSRF had just lost their first game, and everyone was silent and depressed on Mumble, and then someone was like "Well at least we get medals" and Dog was like "well actually..." and we were like "WHAT ARE WE FIGHTING FORRRRR" :(

Javaman

The Janky Bunch!

Our match schedule for 10/15 finally went up... we're playing Swiftwater against some guys named The Barking Spiders. They also played (and mostly lost) during the summer season and are currently 2-2 for S8.

Since Nihon can't play on Monday, we're gonna have to shuffle Steve over to Pyro duties for this week.

Scout - DJ Crimson
Soldier - Rickenslacker
Pyro - SteveWinwood
Demoman - ExMachina
Heavy - Blizzard
Engineer - thefro
Medic - Javaman
Sniper - Capndrake
Spy - Matt

Let me know if you're on this list and you can't make it so I can find someone to fill in.

Sounds good to me!

We're looking for 4 more people for an Expert MANN UP run. If you're interested hop on mumble or PM me. Panny and I are waiting to go.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
The true downfall of KSRF was finding out there were no medals. :U

This season we're in it to win it, and I'm confident that we have the potential to do so. Snake and I are lining up scrims against more silver teams for the weekend along with lobby sessions. There's also the ever helpful Heinsight that everyone should watch and many recorded past Swiftwater matches.
Wtf....you guys know meaning of back up, right? Where the hell is that fat bastard evilmario?!

The Janky Bunch!

Our match schedule for 10/15 finally went up... we're playing Swiftwater against some guys named The Barking Spiders. They also played (and mostly lost) during the summer season and are currently 2-2 for S8.

Since Nihon can't play on Monday, we're gonna have to shuffle Steve over to Pyro duties for this week.

Scout - DJ Crimson
Soldier - Rickenslacker
Pyro - SteveWinwood
Demoman - ExMachina
Heavy - Blizzard
Engineer - thefro
Medic - Javaman
Sniper - Capndrake
Spy - Matt

Let me know if you're on this list and you can't make it so I can find someone to fill in.

I'll be available as a back-up that night I believe, so just shoot me a PM if someone decides they can't make it. I'll probs be hanging out on Steam anyway that night if there's a last minute issue.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Good games tonight. And here I thought that I wouldn't be playing much TF2 due to Dishonored... :d

I think I need to acquire a Pain Train between now and Monday. I know I've owned one at some point, but I probably just crafted it accidentally...

Blizzard

Banned
Good games tonight. And here I thought that I wouldn't be playing much TF2 due to Dishonored... :d

I think I need to acquire a Pain Train between now and Monday. I know I've owned one at some point, but I probably just crafted it accidentally...
I'll be available Monday as far as I know. Let me know if you can't find a pain train and I'll trade you one.

I have one you can take.

Bah I guess no one wants to play tonight :( Maybe Saturday night will be better.

Anybody want to do some Mann Up Mode instead? I've already done CAD and Disk Deletion.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Looking for 1 more to Mann Up right now! We're playing Expert Coaltown or Mannworks.

Got our 6th, nevermind. ^^;

I have one you can take.
Thanks for the offer, but I'm good actually. Conveniently, I just got 2 on my idlers. First time I've wanted to get a Pain Train as a drop, haha. :p

Is there anywhere that lists some suggested classes for MVM? Should we have 2 engies, a heavy and medic, pyro and scout? I think that was what we had last time...

Any tips in general would be great.

Yeef

Count me in, I still need to do Mannworks and Coaltown.
We got up to the last wave on Mannworks yesterday, but it's pretty ridiculous.

Then again, Woobie dropped and some pyro wo thought he was the shit joined us, but really he was useless. After a few attempts the pyro dropped and we actually did slightly better without him.

We got up to the last wave on Mannworks yesterday, but it's pretty ridiculous.

Then again, Woobie dropped and some pyro wo thought he was the shit joined us, but really he was useless. After a few attempts the pyro dropped and we actually did slightly better without him.

Says the guy who tried playing Sniper the first 3 rounds.

Yeef

Says the guy who tried playing Sniper the first 3 rounds.
I can't help it that Valve's servers are laggy jankfests. Everytime I'd snipe someone, it wouldn't register for like 2 seconds, so I'd be unsure if I were hitting them or not. Also, the polearms. My god, the polearms!

And 900 damage headshots are nothing to sneeze at, sir!

Scrim tonight against some team. Some of FOX's members will not be available so if anyone from the TJB wants to play that would be much obliged.

You might want to mention that the scrim is at 7PM. And for anyone who wants to sub, demo is available since I'll be at work till 9.

I can't help it that Valve's servers are laggy jankfests. Everytime I'd snipe someone, it wouldn't register for like 2 seconds, so I'd be unsure if I were hitting them or not. Also, the polearms. My god, the polearms!

And 900 damage headshots are nothing to sneeze at, sir!

Yes but when you have 2 simultaneous tanks and bomb carrying "support" scouts, you're better off with a higher DPS class. Sniper is better suited for Decoy or Coal Town where the enemies spawn in a choke point. I think we'd be better with a pyro and then either two demos or two heavies. While buff banner is useful with a soldier, I'm not sure if it's a better option than another crit canteen using demo or heavy. Also, I think I might switch to the Scottish Resistance for higher damaging sticky traps even though the longer arm time makes it harder to kill faster targets.

injurai

Banned
Interesting, is Gmod better than Source Filmmaker for this sort of thing?

The TF2 machinima community has historically used Gmod, and a lot of the "soul" comes from the limitations that Gmod has. It has a certain animation quality that matches the poorly chopped together dialogue. In the end I think Gmod feels right, while source Filmmaker feels overproduced.

Not sure if one is better, but I like the ones done in Gmod.

Top Bottom