• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Anyone know yet if there's a difference between any of the summer coolers? Like do you think certain colors will get better/more rare items?

Also I wish the red tape recorder got a nerf. It instantly downgrades a level 3 to a level 2 within like 2 seconds it's way too fast.

Wanted a sticky jumping nerf too, shame.

Why would sticky jumping ever be nerfed?

Javaman

***Fixed a bug where disguised red spies spawned a blue heal particle when touching healthkits
Fuuuuuuu.

***Fixed a bug where full ÜberCharge effects would always show on the client if a player was killed with full ÜberCharge
Finally!

***Players can no longer build in Blu's first spawn room
Fuuuuuuu

***Wrangler:

Slightly reduced accuracy of manually-controlled sentry at long range
Protective shield now fades 1 second after the owning Engineer dies
Fuuuuu

Quick-Fix

Added 50% Overheal
Über now affects the medic when there's no heal target
Shotguns with pushback (Force-A-Nature) no longer affect players under the effect of Quick-Fix’s Über

Amazing! I can't count the number of times that the 2nd one would come in handy. If the overheal charges quickly like the normal healing, this gun now beats the uber for everything except a hard wall (sentry/spam). 5th point capping on 5cp is going to be wayyy too easy though.

Demos do it all the time to get to enemy spawn and take out teleporters, it's a shitty cunt move that engies can't realistically fight against. It would be nice if you could only do it like 2 times in one life.

You can only do it 2 times per life. Full sticky self-damage + fall damage. Once, actually, you'll die if you try it twice without health. And of course engineers can realistically fight against it, it's called a shotgun. It's the demoman's biggest weakness, in fact.

Angry Fork

You can only do it 2 times per life. Full sticky self-damage + fall damage. Once, actually, you'll die if you try it twice without health. And of course engineers can realistically fight against it, it's called a shotgun. It's the demoman's biggest weakness, in fact.

1. I've seen it done plenty of times per life, more than 2, as demos pick up health around.
2. 90% of the time engineers are not at spawn watching their own teleporter entrances, and a competent demo will spawn trap a team, get a bunch of kills, then sticky jump far away, grab some health, come back, do it again. Over and over. It isn't fair or remotely balanced at all.

1. I've seen it done plenty of times per life, more than 2, as demos pick up health around.
2. 90% of the time engineers are not at spawn watching their own teleporter entrances, and a competent demo will spawn trap a team, get a bunch of kills, then sticky jump far away, grab some health, come back, do it again. Over and over. It isn't fair or remotely balanced at all.

A good sticky jump does 60-70 self-damage, and landing on any platform that isn't significantly above your head will add enough fall damage that you won't comfortably be able to do it twice. Of course they can do it more than twice by picking up health. So what?

Have you played any map that isn't dustbowl or goldrush? First off, nobody is outside the spawn? Second, how stupid does a team have to be that one demoman can hold them off? Third, most maps (especially the ones that aren't from 2007) have more than one spawn exit. Fourth, respawns are not flat 20-second rates. One group can spawn 2 seconds after another group has left. Demoman doesn't have a chance against that. Any entire team that gets repeatedly spawn camped by the same demoman in his same life, who doesn't even have a medic, especially on any map with more than one spawn exit, deserves to be killed over and over again.

I don't even know what maps you're talking about. There aren't many situations where an engineer is around, yet a demoman should be able to sticky jump to spawn effortlessly. It just shouldn't be happening. It's the team and the engineer's fault. If you think a demoman destroying teleporters is even the slightest bit of a pressing balance issue, you need to play this game much more.

Misread, so I'll just repost the thing I just posted in the gaming side thread:

Oh, cool. The mat_phong command was finally added, you can turn off the phong lighting and make the game look like the prerelease trailers now.

ibcZgpDECl2DjP.jpg

A good sticky jump does 60-70 self-damage, and landing on any platform that isn't significantly above your head will add enough fall damage that you won't comfortably be able to do it twice. Of course they can do it more than twice by picking up health. So what?

Have you played any map that isn't dustbowl or goldrush? First off, nobody is outside the spawn? Second, how stupid does a team have to be that one demoman can hold them off? Third, most maps (especially the ones that aren't from 2007) have more than one spawn exit. Fourth, respawns are not flat 20-second rates. One group can spawn 2 seconds after another group has left. Demoman doesn't have a chance against that. Any entire team that gets repeatedly spawn camped by the same demoman in his same life, who doesn't even have a medic, especially on any map with more than one spawn exit, deserves to be killed over and over again.

I don't even know what maps you're talking about. There aren't many situations where an engineer is around, yet a demoman should be able to sticky jump to spawn effortlessly. It just shouldn't be happening. It's the team and the engineer's fault. If you think a demoman destroying teleporters is even the slightest bit of a pressing balance issue, you need to play this game much more.

nah bro hes seen it plenty of times in his life

LOL Good riddance overload jumping! It was a long time coming. Sorry Quote.

Actually I'm not sorry, quote. Eat a dick... actually no, scratch that. Eat 3 dicks at once. ;D

Yeef

The Short Circuit is actually lots of fun now. I had used it anyway, because the jank is usually overloaded with soldiers, but getting twice the shots with it makes a big difference.

Sianos

RIP Beggars Bazooka

RIP QUOTE

IT IS A SAD DAY FOR ALL

actually just for me but still

LOL Good riddance overload jumping! It was a long time coming. Sorry Quote.

Actually I'm not sorry, quote. Eat a dick... actually no, scratch that. Eat 3 dicks at once. ;D

Can I at least choose which dicks? <3

Fuck minisentries

Indeed, even now that they've finally fixed the regenerating health upon building, they're still irritating. It's amusing to see the usual users swearing they won't ruin a koth/plr map for once and immediately switching too it after they die a few times, but then it becomes annoying once they actualy plop one down.

I agree about the Cow Mangler now, it's excellent barring its ability to deal with minis. Infinite ammo is nice, I pretty much never run out with the ammo from killed enemies, but it allows me to be a little more liberal with my rockets and not steal packs. The charge shot is better now that it only has to recharge four rockets: I took out Java''s wrangled nest twice with it and some supporting fire.

qazqaNii

Hello, just got kind of back to TF2 after a couple years of break, was wondering if theres still a max limit per week on how many items you can get?

Bluth54

I must say I'm pretty impressed with this update. I wish it had a few new weapons but I imagine those will be coming soon enough.

The bug fixes/weapon rebalances/map fixes are all great. The two new community maps is a real highlight for me.

I bought some keys for my summer crates to show Valve that I approve of this update. I'll also be sending the TF2 team an email letting them know what a nice job they did.

dhonk

Got an item in and I gotta thank you guys if you guys voted or even looked at my item. Working hard on another!

(Ps it's the Dry Gulch Gulp.)

Sianos

Got an item in and I gotta thank you guys if you guys voted or even looked at my item. Working hard on another!

(Ps it's the Dry Gulch Gulp.)

Congratulations, I'm pretty sure I upvoted your item. :O

As of now there's an easy to do Quick Fix exploit to do: pop your uber after your team wins, make sure it doesn't run out before humiliation ends, and boom, infinite Quick Fix uber regardless of class change or deaths until the map ends.

As always, a new TF2 update, even one themed around amazing fixes, has to bring one silly bug to the table.

Blizzard

Banned
Congratulations, I'm pretty sure I upvoted your item. :O

As of now there's an easy to do Quick Fix exploit to do: pop your uber after your team wins, make sure it doesn't run out before humiliation ends, and boom, infinite Quick Fix uber regardless of class change or deaths until the map ends.

As always, a new TF2 update, even one themed around amazing fixes, has to bring one silly bug to the table.
Ambassador shooting through starting gates and jarate rifle shooting through things (like heavies and sentry guns) were my favorite bugs I wish had been left.

In terms of sheer crazy patch bugs though, I think the best was probably when something seemingly unrelated was changed, and suddenly spies could make engineer buildings (oh and the infinite sentry one, that got old FAST).

As a demo i love sticky jumping on goldrush map 1 to the enemy spawn and nailing their teles, truth be told, its just as easy to do the same as a bonk scout, but on maps 2 and 3 also.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
A quick update to fix bugs introduced with the big update. :p

General:
- Fixed Quick-Fix infinite heal exploit
- Fixed missing Cow Mangler 5000 particles when running in DirectX8
- Fixed Disco Beat Down unusual effect showing through walls
- Fixed incorrect projectile speed attributes being applied to giants in Mann vs. Machine
- When disguised as a teammate, the Dead Ringer will drop the body of the player the Spy is disguised as
- Fixed a bug where arrows and bolts would hit friendly players
- Fixed a bug where Strange parts and filters could not be removed from Strange weapons
- Fixed the "Show Entire Backpack" option in the crafting panel not preserving empty backpack slots and forcing items to stack

Maps:
- Fixed an areaportal improperly rendering in pl_goldrush
- Fixed players getting out of map in cp_standin
- Fixed players hiding in vents in cp_standin
- Adjusted HDR lighting in cp_process

That infinite Quick-Fix healing was pretty crazy.

Yeef

Good news, everyone!

Custom maps will be coming back shortly*.

They're technically already back, but it looks as though the text file for editing the map menus got packed into a vpk somehow. So I won't be able to edit the map list until I find the file and extract it.

Top Bottom