• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

RIP TF2

I'm actually curious if the concurrent players will noticeably dip at all as a result of this.

It'll be a small dip. I don't believe it was an incredibly large portion of the daily playerbase.

I'm really glad they got rid of the text idling. And getting rid of set bonuses for hats was something I somehow missed but also really glad they did that too.

Blizzard

Banned
It'll be a small dip. I don't believe it was an incredibly large portion of the daily playerbase.

I'm really glad they got rid of the text idling. And getting rid of set bonuses for hats was something I somehow missed but also really glad they did that too.
Yeah, I miss the spy silent decloak bonus, and the snipe troll bonus sounded funny, but the rest of the set stuff isn't missed.

Well, that's sucks for people with a bunch of idle accounts. I only have two, so no big loss. Just gotta trade what I have with me left. Now I have two empty steam accounts with premium tf2.

Bluth54

Yeah if you look at the stats there has been a small decrease in the TF2 player base since the update where they changed it (which was the big summer update On July 10), however it's likely due to a combination of both this change and the start of the summer sale.

Clyde I randomly found this on my imgur account. Uploaded 11 months ago...

iRZyW.jpg

Sianos

The ol' weabootique's never been the same... not since the donkomen invaded.

The donkening was most intense pushing into Coldfront last against and armada of Quick-Fix Ubers and Heavies. They were practically locked by the rain of perfectly timed donks. The full on donk push is beautiful to witness.

Speaking of beautiful, my (fully unintentional) double-donk airshot on a Loose Cannon jumping Zeke was amazing. I primed it for an Engie atop Gravelpit C, but he jumped in front of it and took the double donk.

The skill ceiling on the weapon mixed with its hilarious knockback make the Loose Cannon my new favorite weapon. I just need to master the jumping, and it'll have fully replaced the Bazooka in my heart.

corn_fest

- Ended the Mann Co. Store summer sale
- The Summer Claim check is now a rare drop
- Medics using the Quick-Fix will now take jump force from Pyros using the Detonator to explosive jump
- Fixed a client crash related to missing particle systems
- Fixed a server crash when entering Sudden Death mode with only melee weapons
- Fixed players sometimes being damaged by doors when they are closing
- Fixed soccer/beach balls sometimes blocking Payload carts and trains
- Fixed paint can icons not showing the Red/Blue colors correctly
- Fixed the Loch-n-Load gun sight not drawing in the correct place
- Fixed the Bonk Boy model using the incorrect normals
- Updated Cp_Badlands and Koth_Badlands
- Opened the windows around the center point
- Smoothed player clipping around doorways
:O :O :O

Kard8p3

So GAF, this might come as a shock seeming as it's 2013, but I'm new to TF2(well, relatively, I started playing a few months back when I first got this computer, but then school got busy and I haven't played since March). Any tips? The classes I'm most fond of are Scout and Medic. So yeah.. Feels bad being a total newbie.

So GAF, this might come as a shock seeming as it's 2013, but I'm new to TF2(well, relatively, I started playing a few months back when I first got this computer, but then school got busy and I haven't played since March). Any tips? The classes I'm most fond of are Scout and Medic. So yeah.. Feels bad being a total newbie.

Your K:D ratio isn't as important as you would think it is. This isn't Call of Duty.

Proven

I'm back. I've managed to dodge the summer sale (for the most part) and still haven't touched the TF2 update because Steam has been fucking up for me. The first is the only good news.

jgminto

Always use minisentries. Always heal only the heavy.

Proven

So. I just remembered that Yeef's birthday is sometime during the summer and that I didn't give him a Steam gift for his continued running of the Jank.

So, someone gift him an extra game for me.

Collete

Just know, Scout won't last long against a sentry so please don't run in front of a level 3 sentry thinking you're going to live...You'd be surprised how many Scouts forget this... (the only exception to this is if you're using Bonk! Atomic Punch or somehow got uber charged by a Medic). Also keep in mind, the closer you are to an enemy using a scattergun, the more damage you can do, so sneaking up behind people can sometimes do a one hit kill. Use your speed to your advantage by dodging gunfire and always keep moving so you won't be an easy target that's running in a straight line.

As for Medic, try not to run in front of the person you're healing or you're just sending yourself to an early grave. Try to keep the people you're healing out of the critical area in their health depending how urgent people need of healing. If it's one person you only have to heal in the area, go ahead and overheal him with a regular medigun. But when there's multiple people around you that need heals right away (say if a bunch of people got hit by a bunch of critical shots and everyone's about to die around you), just focus on getting everyone at least out of the red area of their health bar before moving on to the next person. If you have time, finish up your work and heal everyone fully.

So. I just remembered that Yeef's birthday is sometime during the summer and that I didn't give him a Steam gift for his continued running of the Jank.

So, someone gift him an extra game for me.

Someone needs to get him Artrage 4 if they have the money so he can be inspired to make works like this:

Top Bottom