• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Does Euro-GAF have a go to server? It'd be nice to play with people who aren't completestrangers :lol

These days I am mostly playing on a Finnish server only running cp_orange_x7 (or something). Probably my favorite map at the moment.

Speaking of, what's the console command to turn of voice communication? Need easy access to turn it on/off. These Finns are really fucking talkative, and I am tired of muting them one by one. At least they aren't as bad as the Danish children though. The downside of free-to-play.

Alienups

These days I am mostly playing on a Finnish server only running cp_orange_x7 (or something). Probably my favorite map at the moment.

Speaking of, what's the console command to turn of voice communication? Need easy access to turn it on/off. These Finns are really fucking talkative, and I am tired of muting them one by one. At least they aren't as bad as the Danish children though. The downside of free-to-play.

i think it's voice_enable 0

Yeef

Well, I'm off to Hong Kong and China for two weeks.
image.php

cp_process and cp_standin are both going to be official maps.

Also, a good chunk of the existing maps are going to be altered to disallow some tricks, such as putting sentries up in unintended locations (like roofs) where they're the most annoying.

More info

I don't really care for standin but process is going to start showing up on more than like three servers now?

32287_5d4ec1ff0b472ca0ce3804098067118c.gif

Nice that they're going through and doing map fixes after all this time as well.

Bluth54

I enjoy Standin and Process so I'm quite happy about this news.

I'm quite happy that Valve is releasing new community maps. I've been pretty vocal about my recent disapontment with Valve not really including community maps in the game and this news is great.

I'm also guessing this update is going to be pretty big since they're announcing stuff included in the update before they even announce the update. Can't wait to see what all we get.

Proven

Woah, I played on Standin before it was official. Woah, it became official.

It's someone's birthday? Happy Birthday mysterious person.

moojito

Does Euro-GAF have a go to server? It'd be nice to play with people who aren't completestrangers :lol

German headquarter, Clanofdoom, Hampshire heavies, Triggerhappygamers. They're the servers I usually end up on, and usually have some good games.

The Hampshire heavies server has a pretty nice community, with the voice chat and what have you, but the skill level is relatively high for a public server. I die a lot.

Bluth54

Woah, I played on Standin before it was official. Woah, it became official.

Yeah I'm more excited about Standin becoming official then Process. I like both maps but I've played Standin fewer times and I like the unique twist on CP that it brings to the table.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
So both me and a friend of mine have an issue with Orange box. When we load up the game and get to the select game screen the game wont let us select or press any buttons. The video in the background is still playing and if we get an invite to TF2 we can still get in that way, but the game seems non-functional at the select screen.

Anyone encounter this issue or know of any solutions?

Bluth54

So both me and a friend of mine have an issue with Orange box. When we load up the game and get to the select game screen the game wont let us select or press any buttons. The video in the background is still playing and if we get an invite to TF2 we can still get in that way, but the game seems non-functional at the select screen.

Anyone encounter this issue or know of any solutions?

Are you talking about one of the console versions of the Orange Box? Because pretty much everyone here plays the PC version of TF2.

moojito

How would you rocket/sticky jump on the console version? Would you just... not? And the scout. Damn, my head hurts just thinking about it.

Spy trick stabs? Nope.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Are you talking about one of the console versions of the Orange Box? Because pretty much everyone here plays the PC version of TF2.

Literally everyone i've asked gives me the "why are you playing on consoles" comment. I'm asking because A: my friends are playing on console and none of us ae trying to be e-sports, just play for fun.

and B: There are other games on the orange box that I can no longer access now. My game has stopped working and i am looking for assistance. Havent gotten an answer yet, so I guess i'm just SOL

sweet.

Perhaps your disc is scratched in a very specific location so as to render the main menu unusable?

For both of you?

In the same general area?

It's possible!

Proven

I'm not sure if I could even find my 360 copy of the Orange Box anymore...

As for what's causing your problem, I'm lost. It sounds like it's an issue with the disc, especially if your friend isn't having that problem.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
One of my friends isn't having an issue which is why we have been able to get into some games. The other friend (who has a digital copy might i add) has the exact same issue lol

all good though, I know you guys would help if you could.

Collete

It's funny.
There was this kid on the Valve server that kept spamming "Trade me!".
I asked him if I could have a salvaged crate for free, he said no.
Then got this sweet thing as a drop 5 minutes later.

Bluth54

Literally everyone i've asked gives me the "why are you playing on consoles" comment. I'm asking because A: my friends are playing on console and none of us ae trying to be e-sports, just play for fun.

and B: There are other games on the orange box that I can no longer access now. My game has stopped working and i am looking for assistance. Havent gotten an answer yet, so I guess i'm just SOL

sweet.

The PC version of The Orange Box doesn't have a menu like that, all 5 games are just separate games you launch through Steam.

What the heck? You can still have fun with it on PC. Not everyone has a hard-on for e-sports or competitive play.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
I have the game on pc. I have played it on pc. as a gaming unit we play on xbl and party chat because a few of us aren't adept at pc gaming.

The "not trying to be e-sports" comment was more so about the fact that we can enjoy ourselves even if we cant rocket jump, so no real need to all get it on pc lol. The only issue was figuring out why the orange box on 360 was not working or if anyone has experienced the issue before.

Looking back a tf2 thread was probably not the best place to ask a 360 orange box issue sort of question.

WTB a blog post called Move Those Achievements Up. I wish they would update a few of the current achievements. I can live with achievements that limit you to a particular weapon if it's because that weapon is unique in some way. Achievements that limit you to a single weapon for no reason what so ever infuriates me though. Currently grinding my way through Makin' Bacon (kill 50 heavys with your flamethrower) and it's such a chore. Why can't they let us use whatever main slot weapon we want? Why are they forcing me to use the default flamethrower? Such a terrible decision. Another one I am not a fan of is the soldier one where you have to kill a certain amount of players with your Equalizer, while under 25hp (or something). Why can't I use the Escape Plan instead?

KarmaCow

In our next update, the Dead Ringer will work generally the same way it always has, letting Spies feign death to escape from damage that would have otherwise killed them. However, now any damage the Spy takes after his "death" will decrease the maximum length of time he can spend cloaked. This gives any players chasing the Spy more of an opportunity to catch up and deal a real finishing blow, while also requiring more skill from any Spy trying to make his way to actual safety.

Hooray!

The change from damage taken to damage dealt for the Battalion Backup sounds good too. It would be kinda nice in MvM.

Proven

Dammit, I leave for vacation this Saturday so I'm going to miss this update unless it hits Thursday.

The fact that they're actually altering the set bonuses all these years later is both an exciting and frightening thing. I hope the Milkman's new set bonus is the Scout yelling "Moo!" whenever he kills someone with a gun, and "Fish for brains!" when he gets a fish kill instead.

Top Bottom