• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Yeef

Got the regenning cloak watch from finally getting enough Spy achievements. Has made playing that class FAR MORE enjoyable for me with all the shit that Valve added with class updates.

Being able to slowly sneak around and pick and choose targets is so satisfying.
Cloak and dagger is pretty terrible. Primarily because it encourages slow play, which leads to basically having 1 fewer player on your team.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Cloak and dagger is pretty terrible. Primarily because it encourages slow play, which leads to basically having 1 fewer player on your team.

Tough. Shouldn't have buffed everyone to have an anti-spy counter if they didn't want me to sneak around to backstab people.

There has always been a counter to spy. It's called "turning around."
So don't walk uncloaked behind somebody if you're actually trying to kill them.

But there is luck involved so DEAL WITH IT. There always has been, but at least now the maps aren't garbage for spy.

Tough. Shouldn't have buffed everyone to have an anti-spy counter if they didn't want me to sneak around to backstab people.
just because you keep saying this doesnt make it true

especially since you never seem to have any clue what youre talking about

youre dealing with like 6 years of changes all at once and you think you understand it

linetti1wfi5x.gif

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The Claok and Dagger is the spy's anti-spy counter. It takes him out of the game just by equipping it! ;P

Great for me, because at least I don't have to worry about the game at that point, just backstabs for days. :)

Yeef

Scout is the best class.

Also, scout is the worst class. Nothing is more infuriating than shooting someone dead center withe the scattergun at close range and only doing like 11 damage.

on the other hand there is nothing more satisfying than running up on a fatty and meatshotting him while he trundles around in circles trying to see you

but on the first hand, Valve's Award Winning Netcode™ might kick in and he hits a millisecond before you fire the killing shot, and you die instantly because heavieslol

Blizzard

Banned
on the other hand there is nothing more satisfying than running up on a fatty and meatshotting him while he trundles around in circles trying to see you

but on the first hand, Valve's Award Winning Netcode™ might kick in and he hits a millisecond before you fire the killing shot, and you die instantly because heavieslol
Hit registration/netcode applies to scouts too, and it's even worse since they're both faster and smaller than heavies. :p

dhonk

I finished my first Winter item for this year, and am pretty pleased with it! It was the first time I tried a "noisy" texture like wool and tried to make it fit TF2.

Anyway, views are awesome, votes are friggin sweet, comments are lovely, and favorites are sogood.gif. Do all 4 and I probably owe you a blumpkin or something.

PS, I have to hop on the GAF server more and play. Im more caught up in making items than playing lately.

I finished my first Winter item for this year, and am pretty pleased with it! It was the first time I tried a "noisy" texture like wool and tried to make it fit TF2.

Anyway, views are awesome, votes are friggin sweet, comments are lovely, and favorites are sogood.gif. Do all 4 and I probably owe you a blumpkin or something.

PS, I have to hop on the GAF server more and play. Im more caught up in making items than playing lately.
Gay Scout 5 hours ago
Really nice piece, and fits scout well.
lol. Voted and liked. Well done.

Sianos

The Cloak and Dagger is much better in conjunction with the Letranger: the bonus cloak time almost matches or possibly exceeds the default invisibility watch. You sacrifice firepower for the boost in cloak time, but the Cloak and Dagger is less an offensive watch and more a communications and key pick watch.

A lot of the time the Cloak and Dagger is used incorrectly, where the user is either crouch-walking everywhere while "permanently" invisible or used in a very aggressive manner that will get you killed. It should be used mostly for calling out positions, helping to organize pushes, and materializing at key moments during a push.

The Letranger gives you some more leeway to play a more traditional spy game of slinking around across the line getting picks and disappearing into thin air, but the reduced firepower means you're at even more of a disadvantage if engaged directly.

Generally, the Invisibility Watch is the better choice for all around spying, but for crucial plays the Cloak and Dagger can work very well. Certainly not a watch you'd want to run full time, but in certain situations it can give a big payoff.

Sianos

I enjoy mostly playing roaming Soldier and Demoknight with the Loose Cannon.

anyone who only plays heavy should consider playing a different game

Basically. TF2 is all about dynamic speed, movement, and pushes, not waddling bullet-spraying turrets. Plenty of games cater to that style.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
I like detonating explosives nearby to send my Soldier or Demoman hurtling through the air. I can occasionally be convinced to use explosives on enemies too (but it's such a waste!).

Double jumping and healing are cool as well.

Top Bottom