• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Ridiculously pretty 5CP map from Phisheep (of Edifice fame):

cp_sunshine_b1

2013-11-11_00006.jpg
2013-11-11_00010.jpg

Gonna have to drag some people in to pug this sometime, looks like fun.

Bluth54

I'm alwaysdown for trying new maps. Visually it does look very nice based on those screenshots, hopefully it's a fun map to play on too.

Blizzard

Banned

cp_sunshine_b1

Nice but why do they have anti-aliasing and low-resolution textures in their screenshots? :p

And what does the term pug come from? Does it mean playing games on public servers?

Let me know if you're not playing UGC some time (i.e. never) and want to try it!

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome! I'm not sure about the logistics exactly yet, but I'll let y'all know if I find a place and time to play the map. :3 Maybe we can get Space to upload Sunshine to CapThatPoint...?

Oh oops! No, they're different dudes. I accidentally conflated the two because the mapper goes by Phi and always has animals in his name/maps (but in his case, deer rather than sheep). Would've been cool if GAF's own law-expert was into mapping though. :p

Nice but why do they have anti-aliasing and low-resolution textures in their screenshots? :p

And what does the term pug come from? Does it mean playing games on public servers?

Let me know if you're not playing UGC some time (i.e. never) and want to try it!
PUG = pick-up game, getting a group of random players to do 6v6 or HL.

And yeah, UGC be eatin' up all my TF2 time. Some people on my team are really gunning for a placement medal, heh.

TF2 Update

Team Fortress 2 Update Released
Product Update - Valve
An update to Team Fortress 2 has been released. The update will be applied automatically when you restart Team Fortress 2. The major changes include:

Added new series of Chemistry Sets
Added "Collector's" item quality. "Collector's" items are created by completing special Chemistry Sets.
Added a server cooldown period for Eternaween votes
Spooky Keys are now regular keys
Fixed seeing the fire texture on The Maniac's Manacles, PY-40 Incinibot, The Parasight, and The Foul Cowl in DirectX 8
Fixed some Halloween spells not working during Eternaween

Collete

cp_sunshine_b1

I feel like we played this map before on the Jank ages ago. I remember liking it. But it's 5cp so I dunno. Maybe it was the Koth version of this map?
Anyways I look forward to it, drag me along if you want!

Bluth54

that sounds like it would require effort
Minimal effort since CS:GO has a map workshop.
Still the TF2 team is only like 6 people, maybe copy and pasting code from the CS:GO team is too much work.

I feel like we played this map before on the Jank ages ago. I remember liking it. But it's 5cp so I dunno. Maybe it was the Koth version of this map?
Anyways I look forward to it, drag me along if you want!
You are probably thinking of Koth_Lighthouse

Woobie

cp_sunshine_b1

Played this map in its alpha testing with the creator and some cool people. It played the best out of the "new maps" that we were testing and had some nice flow to it. All of the points are individually fun to play on and offer something for all the comp classes but the transitions between points(especially going from 2nd to last) felt strange. Soldiers who can jump are overpowered on it.

It's also has an absurd amount of vertical height just for background detail.

sandman64

Neo Member
It's Saxxy time again! Share any awesome entries you come across so we can enjoy and vote. :p

Here's our team's entry: Crackpot

It took 18 people 2 weeks and 6 days to finish. My active role specifically was director/project lead.

We made custom TF2 babies, Pyroland map/props, particle effects, and music just for the video. We'll soon release the baby models and Pyroland map/props for the community to play with.

If you liked the video, tell your friends and don't forget to vote :p

It took 18 people 2 weeks and 6 days to finish. My active role specifically was director/project lead.

We made custom TF2 babies, Pyroland map/props, particle effects, and music just for the video. We'll soon release the baby models and Pyroland map/props for the community to play with.

Damn yo. Quality. Looks like a deleted scene from Meet the Pyro (albeit a Halloween-ish Meet the Pyro)

Very well done. Voted.

Wow, that was great!

This is my favorite:

"It was the best of times. It was the best of times."

So opens Charles Dickens' feel-good surf classic Super Good Times, and Dickens' words are as true today as they were at the beach cabana where he wrote them: The best of times, you guys. Let's have some.
For some reason I thought Snakewater was already in the game.

dhonk

It is happening... again. /twinpeaks But yo, votes are da best for this stuff. Thanks guys!

On a non shill note: Really surprised a new update is coming pre-Christmas, happy about it too! :)

Bluth54

A major update coming between Halloween and Christmas? What a nice surprise.

The weapon effects sound nice. I look forward to trying out the new MVM map and am really happy to see Snakewater finally made an official map. Hopefully we'll get more great stuff tomorrow.

Sianos

Wow, what a nice surprise! Snakewater finally an official map, with two new tours (with a theme that breaks the mold of desert/alpine/industrial) and some neat weapon effects! What a lovely little update, I look forward to tomorrow.

Proven

Bluth54

...But Egypt is fun...Right?..Right?....

1273573089_running-from-ax.gif

I remember the first time I played Egypt was a few days before Valve announced they were adding it to the game. I though "this map is awful, I'll never play on it again".

Then Valve announced they were adding it as an official map a few days later. I couldn't believe it. I still believe the only reason they added Egypt was so they could add the Egyptian themed textures and assets to the game. At least Lakeside is a pretty good map.

Top Bottom