• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Trading |OT|

I have an extra pyrovision goggles, strange market gardener, and war pig hat I'd like to send to a good home. Whatever you have to offer, I'm not too picky, BUT if you have a pocket purrer you're willing to part with I can definitely sweeten the pot.

Grinchy

Banned
Wow, the strange huntsman is up to 18-19 keys in value? How did that happen?

I got mine for like 13. I really hope they don't drop any new crates with it anytime soon.

Hey guys, I'm looking to trade some items for games.

Right now I want to trade all these:

Hats:

The Ebenezer (worth 12 keys)
Prairie Heel Biters
Teddy Roosebelt
Rogue's Col Roule

Genuine:

Purity Fist
Deus Specs
The Original

Stranges:

Backburner
Frontier Justice
Flame thrower
Minigun
Rocket Launcher
Sniper Rifle 2x
Flare gun 2x
Medi gun 3x
Conniver's Kunai 3x

For Football Manager 2013. Anyone interested can add me at http://steamcommunity.com/id/ehsan

Also, if you're interested in anything else in my TF2 inventory, tell me and I'll add them in :)

Grinchy

Banned
Damn! Just got a gold botkiller medi gun from my first MvM tour. Awesome drop...

Probably just gonna sell it for 8 keys + a refined but I might look into trading for another gold botkiller. PROFILE

Ebenezer is 12 keys now? Wow.

I got one from the winter sale. Never thought it would be more expensive than a Bill's Hat.

B.M.O.C shot up pretty high too according to the spreadsheet. Hoarders expecting the price to be way up there counting the days to Christmas.

It is worth a bud now.

B.M.O.C shot up pretty high too according to the spreadsheet. Hoarders expecting the price to be way up there counting the days to Christmas.

It is worth a bud now.

I just saw some guys selling B.M.O.C. for 30 keys on TF2Outpost. Amazing :eek:

Virtual hats, serious business.

vazel

Banned
When will the Dishonored TF2 items be tradable? I'm already getting my refined metals ready. Also, if anyone wants to trade their Dishonored items...

Brad02

Neo Member
So what does everyone think about the crazy festive prices? Is it time to sell? Will Valve make them available again this holiday season? I have a regular set that I like but I'm starting to think I'm crazy for not trading them.

I think he wants to know if you are going to use them for Tours or just reselling them. Average price are about 1.7~ ref. Of course if he is willing to sell them at a reduced price to gaffers, he wants to know if you are really going to use them. That's what it seems to me.

Grinchy

Banned
I think he wants to know if you are going to use them for Tours or just reselling them. Average price are about 1.7~ ref. Of course if he is willing to sell them at a reduced price to gaffers, he wants to know if you are really going to use them. That's what it seems to me.

lol yeah that makes more sense. I read it as a joke about scalpers or something. I was in a weird place last night.

Well, I ended up buying some tickets with real money anyway. Weird since I have like 6 refined and 9 keys in my inventory, but I don't want to pay the bullshit metal prices that everyone suddenly started charging.

So guys, I managed to trade most of my items and now have 31 keys (yay)

Need some advice. I'm thinking of trading them for games, how much should the keys go to make for a good trade?

For example Dishonored is USD60. Should I trade 30 keys for the game?

So guys, I managed to trade most of my items and now have 31 keys (yay)

Need some advice. I'm thinking of trading them for games, how much should the keys go to make for a good trade?

For example Dishonored is USD60. Should I trade 30 keys for the game?

Nope, not enough unfortunately. Keys are worth around $1.20 each. No one is going to trade it at $2.50 each.

I guess it would depend on your region. IIRC UK Steam has Dishonored for much much cheaper than US. Perhaps you can find someone in that region that will help you and will accept keys.

Nope, not enough unfortunately. Keys are worth around $1.20 each. No one is going to trade it at $2.50 each.

I guess it would depend on your region. IIRC UK Steam has Dishonored for much much cheaper than US. Perhaps you can find someone in that region that will help you and will accept keys.

Ah thanks! I'll probably just get another game then

Looking to trade some promo items I have for metal/keys.

http://backpack.tf/id/sp1n

Last 2 rows of the backpack. Basically it has

Genuine Quantum Conundrum set
Hero Academy set
Genuine Total War promo items.
Anything else in the backpack that might catch your attention.

PM me with an offer if you would want anything. Only want metal or keys though.

Shantom

Have:
'Amazingly Great Square Bundle from Amazon':
Deus Ex Augmented Edition + Missing Link
Just Cause 1+2
Supreme Commander 2
Hitman Blood Money
Quantum Conundrum
The Last Remnant

Want:
TF2 keys

Seems like nobody here's interested in buying whole backpacks, so I thought to ask about some advice.
I've been trading a lot and know about the items value, but never dealt with this kind of stuff.

Backpack

How much is appropiate selling my backpack for?
It's kind of a "big" backpack, should I split it up instead in categories or something?
I know I'll make most profit from selling everything seperately, but I'm not really sure if I want to waste that much time.
I've heard SourceOP is a good place to sell stuff for money, so I created an account there. Are there other better places I can sell my backpack in?

What I'm mainly worried about is this paypal thing, therefore I'll only sell to reputated users.
It feels like it can take a good while before anyone is actually interested in buying it for a good price.

Some people have been trying to push me selling it quickly, saying that those "auctions" only should be going on for a few days, at most one week.
The offers I got then was just over $500, my backpack was worth a bit less then though. Still feels kind of low, right?
I guess the offer I would get now from the same people would be just below $600.

Appreciate any help I can get.

Seems like nobody here's interested in buying whole backpacks, so I thought to ask about some advice.
I've been trading a lot and know about the items value, but never dealt with this kind of stuff.

Backpack

How much is appropiate selling my backpack for?
It's kind of a "big" backpack, should I split it up instead in categories or something?
I know I'll make most profit from selling everything seperately, but I'm not really sure if I want to waste that much time.
I've heard SourceOP is a good place to sell stuff for money, so I created an account there. Are there other better places I can sell my backpack in?

What I'm mainly worried about is this paypal thing, therefore I'll only sell to reputated users.
It feels like it can take a good while before anyone is actually interested in buying it for a good price.

Some people have been trying to push me selling it quickly, saying that those "auctions" only should be going on for a few days, at most one week.
The offers I got then was just over $500, my backpack was worth a bit less then though. Still feels kind of low, right?
I guess the offer I would get now from the same people would be just below $600.

Appreciate any help I can get.

I don't know too much about it but here's my opinion:

If I wanted to sell my whole backpack, I would want to sell it to a single, reliable person. I have over 400 items and don't want to waste my time selling things individually. If I were to sell it to a single person, and I did my homework and was satisfied that they are a reputable individual, then I would be less concerned about getting scammed. For instance, if I sold off each unusual for PayPal on its own, it would be difficult to carefully research every potential buyer.

SourceOP is a very good community. If you contact reputable sellers (or some even state this in their threads), they can offer you a single dollar amount for the whole thing. You obviously will lose some amount versus selling everything individually, but for me the time saved and ease of mind would probably be worth it.

One option is that you could convert your stuff into keys and buds (at least some of it, anyway), which would make the sale easier, and less subjective. If buds go for $30, and you have say at least 6 buds in your BP, it gives you a starting point.

I have to run but that's kind of my overall impression.

*good post*

Yeah, you're making a good point there, I actually have been trading a lot of my stuff for keys/metal and promos.
Much of my backpacks value come from the promos, which can be somewhat considered as good as buds (but at different values).

How much did you sell your backpack for and what was it actually worth?
Let's say my backpack is worth $900 plain, selling for below $600 and losing out on ~$300-$350 feels a bit much.
Is this accustomary though, that people sell backpacks for about 66% of it's value?

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know too much about it but here's my opinion:

If I wanted to sell my whole backpack, I would want to sell it to a single, reliable person. I have over 400 items and don't want to waste my time selling things individually. If I were to sell it to a single person, and I did my homework and was satisfied that they are a reputable individual, then I would be less concerned about getting scammed. For instance, if I sold off each unusual for PayPal on its own, it would be difficult to carefully research every potential buyer.

SourceOP is a very good community. If you contact reputable sellers (or some even state this in their threads), they can offer you a single dollar amount for the whole thing. You obviously will lose some amount versus selling everything individually, but for me the time saved and ease of mind would probably be worth it.

One option is that you could convert your stuff into keys and buds (at least some of it, anyway), which would make the sale easier, and less subjective. If buds go for $30, and you have say at least 6 buds in your BP, it gives you a starting point.

I have to run but that's kind of my overall impression.
There are indeed reputable sellers on SourceOP who will purchase entire backpacks; however, if you have the time and patience, selling the items individually will, possibly, pay off in the end. It did in my case.

I also agree with the conversion option. Selling items for keys/buds, then selling the keys/buds is a good way to get some cash.

And you should get at least $31 per bud.

Yeah, you're making a good point there, I actually have been trading a lot of my stuff for keys/metal and promos.
Much of my backpacks value come from the promos, which can be somewhat considered as good as buds (but at different values).

How much did you sell your backpack for and what was it actually worth?
Let's say my backpack is worth $900 plain, selling for below $600 and losing out on ~$300-$350 feels a bit much.
Is this accustomary though, that people sell backpacks for about 66% of it's value?
If you're going to lose that much, it might be better to go through it piece by piece. I was able to sell most of a backpack with hundreds of items, of just about every hat, strange, vintage, and genuine, in a about two to three weeks. I only have a few items left now.

Shantom

Have:
'Amazingly Great Square Bundle from Amazon':
Deus Ex Augmented Edition + Missing Link
Just Cause 1+2
Supreme Commander 2
Hitman Blood Money
Quantum Conundrum
The Last Remnant

Want:
TF2 keys

I still have all of this stuff to trade away as well as a key for Tropico 3 and, from my steam inventory, Renegade Ops, Worms Revolution, Company of Heroes and Audiosurf.

Top Bottom