• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TechCrunch - iCloud calendar spam is on the rise

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I encountered this late last month. Got a spammed for months worth of day-long events where the description was in Chinese. Fuck declining each of them individually.

Apple needs to just let us block all requests unless they come from a known sender.

Squalor

I encountered this a couple months ago.

Turns out, it was just an American NeoGAFfer who was sending me all the spam of dicks and calling me Chinese.

are you fucking kidding me

cI6mVLul.png

Yeah, got a couple of these the last few days. Turned off calendar icloud sync as I don't use it, so hopefully that stops it. Super frustrating.

That explains it. I was wondering why I had a scheduled purchase of ray bans on sale from an unknown Chinese ecomerce site. Puts wallet away.

I'm getting this too, it's pretty bad that there's been no official acknowledgement or fix for it.

This is what bothers me.

After having two iPhones in my family remotely locked by (assumingly) Chinese e-mail accounts, it's clear that something on Apple's backend is completely compromised.

Rocketz

Throw me into the bunch getting them. I noticed they were coming from just two so I created them as contacts and then just blocked them but we'll see if that works or not.

Apple really needs to fix this.

jts

...hate me...
I just deleted everything, turned on the setting on iCloud.com to get calendar invites as email (which will get conveniently spam filtered).

Sorted.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I haven't been hit with this but it's good to be proactive, I guess. Thanks for the tip.

Apple should just remove the uselsss feature all together. If an appointment is really important you should be able to put it in the calendar manually like a normal person.

What a dumb statement. Do you even know how the feature works or what it is for? Or scheduling software in general?

neshcom

Banned
The social media team at @AppleSupport had me call support yesterday after I complained about this, but since there isn't any fix, it was a solid waste of my time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom