• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
If those new outfits are actually new defaults and not just customizations, that's pretty cool. Gotta take another look though.

Lol, Akoomer

Manbig

Funny that right after this big debate about uniqueness, we get Akuma that actually truly looks like a completely unique character with several of his own mechanics. He even seems to have a SF style jump instead of the Tekken style jump.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Hold your horses its just one character lol

True, and I hope that (for Tekken 7) it remains only one character. I'm not big on Street Fighter, but I still want Tekken X Streetfighter to happen. I just want it to be separate from Tekken 7.

Though Akuma suddenly existing in the Tekken universe makes everything a little weird now...

Manbig

DEATH™;188924057 said:
So this explains why T7 don't have Tekken Oki... SF chars can't do oki lol.

Did you watch the same tournament? I saw more oki variety in Tekken 7 than the series has ever had before. It's no longer just fishing for floats 24/7 until you settle for a crappy gorunded hit. It's now set ups into one very hard hitting move, and DR style wall tech traps utilizing sidewalking.

DEATH™

So with this, T7 will be treated as a cross-over game. This game and Tag 2 can still coexist... this won't be as bad as I thought.

Did you watch the same tournament? I saw more oki variety in Tekken 7 than the series has ever had before. It's no longer just fishing for floats 24/7 until you settle for a crappy gorunded hit. It's now set ups into one very hard hitting move, and DR style wall tech traps utilizing sidewalking.

Yeah?

GrayFoxPL

Bryan looks fucking insane, I love him.

4fAt4Aj.gif

Manbig

DEATH™;188924321 said:
So with this, T7 will be treated as a cross-over game. This game and Tag 2 can still coexist... this won't be as bad as I thought.

The internet has truly broken me. I cannot tell if you are just messing around or are legitimately delusional.

GrayFoxPL

T7 oki is about crappy grouded hit and hop over from DR is nothing to be proud about. Awful "mechanic". Fishing for floats was the actual fun and unpredictable Tekken oki that is gone.

MikeMyers

I wonder how involved he'll actually be in the story. The VF characters were in DOA5 story mode but didn't do anything but say nothing and get their ass kicked, lol.

Numb

I wonder how involved he'll actually be in the story. The VF characters were in DOA5 story mode but didn't do anything but say nothing and get their ass kicked, lol.

setting up since Tekken 2 with the Hei and Kazumi connecttion with him or something like that
He is tied deep in there most likely

Sayah

So I was totally wrong about SF guest characters.

But with that said.

WOOOOOOOWWWW!!!!

HYPPPPPEEE!!!!!!!!

This is why I love TEKKEN Project. Despite all the bitching, they still listen to all the fans.

This game has risen in the ranks and is #1 on my hype chart.

I'm still in shock.

Akuma looks rad.

The new defaults are WOW!!!!

AAK

New outfits for the cast is so awesome I'm in such a good mood right now! Hella exceeded my expectations.

Also I owe on of you guys a PSN code.

Anyone count how many supers landed in that top 8? I only watched the top 3.

Shun

I wonder if capcom will let bannam have custom costume option for gouki or if he only gets default and maybe alternate.

I want to make gouki look ridiculous.

They should add Fei Long as a restaurant rival to Marshall Law.

Sayah

New outfits for the cast is so awesome I'm in such a good mood right now! Hella exceeded my expectations.

Totally.

And there's new poses that have so much flair. Asuka is riding in on a bicycle. Lili is drinking tea. Bryan literally breaks the camera.

Dayuuuuum.

THIS is the Tekken I know and love.
And it's only a small preview of what's to come.

Can't wait for Nina's imminent reveal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom