• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayah

I'm glad I didn't change my Tekken 7 hype avatar.
The internet has truly broken me. I cannot tell if you are just messing around or are legitimately delusional.

LMAO

It's 3:57 A.M. What am I doing?
Only Tekken can make me stay up this late.

The graphics kind of look like a mix of T7 and Revolution.

It looks nothing like Revolution. Eww. Why would you make that comparison?

GrayFoxPL

oaQGrun.gif

9wiPCmV.gif

Big Gif

Just thinking, if they put in all this work on new defaults and graphics, they've probably updated the rage arts too. Taking a closer look at the trailer though, the startup animations for some of them are the same...

Sayah

Yeah yeah, I know everyone here hates Revolution, but I'm talking about the way some of the shading and colors look.

Yes, the stages do look even more awesome now.

The backgrounds are darker and the aesthetic really works well. Loving the construction site stage and the dojo stages new look now.

Just thinking, if they put in all this work on new defaults and graphics, they've probably updated the rage arts too.

Rage arts do look more hype when you see them in person. Like Kazumi's looks like the most boring rage art when viewed on the internet. But then you see it in person, it's not all that bad. Still putting out hope for a Tiger rage art for her.

Going to sleep.

Losing sleep over this was worth it.

AAK

Yeah yeah, I know everyone here hates Revolution, but I'm talking about the way some of the shading and colors look.

I only felt that way when Asuka was on screen. It could also be for that trailer, but there was a bit of color saturation reminiscent of Tekken Revolution towards the end of the trailer I felt. Need direct feed footage to properly judge.

Akuma was actually the worst part of that trailer. His animations are way too similar to SF and not at all like a proper Shotokan Karate practitioner he's supposed to be based off of.

But forget that, new outfits! F yeah. Thank you Namco.... THANK YOU for listening.

Doomshine

Just thinking, if they put in all this work on new defaults and graphics, they've probably updated the rage arts too. Taking a closer look at the trailer though, the startup animations for some of them are the same...

I don't know if it's just the way the trailer is edited, but it looks like they've added more dynamic camera angles and movement.

DEATH™

The internet has truly broken me. I cannot tell if you are just messing around or are legitimately delusional.

Think about it this way...

1. T7 can have the excuse of not having certain chars. Why put Bruce if Sagat can be in aesthetic wise? No wonder Josie came in.

2. T7 can have a more drastic gameplay changes and get much more accepted because hey we gotta incorporate those SF guys.

3. And if some people don't like some aspects of the game (like mains aren't there, mechanics that aren't there) they can live with that since it's supposed to be a totally different game (kinda like SF4 exists with Marvel). They can still go back to the previous game if people are getting the itch.

There can be a larger than usual chance that this game do not completely cannibalize the previous one but still be on good terms unlike TTT1 and T4, which I think is a good thing for Tekken overall... You might disagree with that but hey, don't let TTT2 salt go to you too much.

Nuszka

Just woke to this news !!! Saw the trailer !!! Now hopefully it comes out within a year on consoles. Not overly surprised about the title update as we already had it for the past view installments, but that Akuma announcement was crazy good. Does it mean TXSF is dead ? Mind i just got up so i have no clue about the tournament progress as well.

Ruehl

Neo Member
The only thing that will make Tekken 7 more perfect (for me) is Nina Williams.

I have a good feeling that she'll be added in Fated Retribution.

Sayah

Just woke to this news !!! Saw the trailer !!! Now hopefully it comes out within a year on consoles. Not overly surprised about the title update as we already had it for the past view installments, but that Akuma announcement was crazy good. Does it mean TXSF is dead ? Mind i just got up so i have no clue about the tournament progress as well.

Don't think TKXSF is dead.

They confirmed multiple occasions that it's a separate title being worked on.

This Akuma reveal is actually a great way to transition into TKXSF.

Sayah

The only thing that will make Tekken 7 more perfect (for me) is Nina Williams.

I have a good feeling that she'll be added in Fated Retribution.

YES!

If they add Anna, I might not be able to contain the hype.

Man, the new outfits look so good...

FINALLY this is looking like a true sequel.

It's not just the costumes, it's also the models that are enhanced.
It really is a proper update when you go from this:
Untitled2924c8.png

Dragunov.gif

to this:
C492Ru3.png

sasuke_91

Daaaamn 4 pages to read (you guys haven't been so fast in a long time, I knew something was up :D). I'm hyyyyyyyped! The game looks so good and the new outfits are amazing! We have new intros and freakin' Akuma has been added!
Doomshine, Numb, GrayFoxPL, you guys have nerves of steel. I wouldn't be able to stay awake 24h+ to wait for the reveal.

I watched my vids one time
Didn't think i played that stupid. Felt what people usually felt lol

Yeah when I look at my own matches I feel like watching an idiot pressing buttons :D

6:30 here. I'm all in.

There's a 1h difference between us? Didn't even know that.

Kuuuuuuuuuuurwa maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaać! Kończ już!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHA xD
You know shit gets real when GrayFox starts cursing in Polish.
That german word you invented (can't find the post right now) sounded very german by the way :p

If those new outfits are actually new defaults and not just customizations, that's pretty cool. Gotta take another look though.

I think they're defaults. They don't look like customs (and they look reaaally good).

BOW DOWN TO ME BITCHES!!!

I FUCKING CALLED IT!!!!!

Hahaha that's the first thing I thought of when I saw the trailer. You and GrayFoxPL called it long ago^^

Funny that right after this big debate about uniqueness, we get Akuma that actually truly looks like a completely unique character with several of his own mechanics. He even seems to have a SF style jump instead of the Tekken style jump.

Yep, he looks like an SF character gameplay-wise, but it does fit into Tekken. I have to try him out when T7 comes to consoles.

The new graphics look boss.

They really do. I was really surprised to see the new intros, defaults and the graphics!

New outfits for the cast is so awesome I'm in such a good mood right now! Hella exceeded my expectations.

Also I owe on of you guys a PSN code.

Anyone count how many supers landed in that top 8? I only watched the top 3.

You know the reveal was awesome when even AAK is in a good mood :D
I think most bets were wrong by a long-shot^^

Going to sleep.

Sleep well buddy!

Man, the new outfits look so good...

FINALLY this is looking like a true sequel.

Yep finally! Console release date is the only thing that's left :p

Sorry for the amount of quotes. You guys posted way too fast, and I wanted to comment on what I have missed^^

HeelPower

Is it a smart business decision that exploits SFV momentum and fulfills promises for TxSF,killing two birds with one stone in the process ? yes.
Is this an insultingly bad retcon and a disappointment for what was supposed to be the conclusion of a 20 year journey ? yes.
Is the new update looking good ? Still undecided.Need more information and HD footage.

I have mixed feelings ,but I guess they finally garnered momentum and attention for the game.

The lead up tournament was good.

lupinko

I only felt that way when Asuka was on screen. It could also be for that trailer, but there was a bit of color saturation reminiscent of Tekken Revolution towards the end of the trailer I felt. Need direct feed footage to properly judge.

Akuma was actually the worst part of that trailer. His animations are way too similar to SF and not at all like a proper Shotokan Karate practitioner he's supposed to be based off of.

But forget that, new outfits! F yeah. Thank you Namco.... THANK YOU for listening.

Akuma and the other SF guys don't do shotokan, they do Anasatsuken, or whatever, made up karate #45.

And if Masu Oyama is one of Ryu's inspirations, then it would be Kyokushin and not Shotokan.

Edit: the game is Fated Retribution, not too far off from my Spousal Retribution.

Sayah

Is it a smart business decision that exploits SFV momentum and fulfills promises for TxSF,killing two birds with one stone in the process ? yes.
Is this an insultingly bad retcon and a disappointment for what was supposed to be the conclusion of a 20 year journey ? yes.
Is the new update looking good ? Still undecided.Need more information and HD footage.

I have mixed feelings ,but I guess they finally garnered momentum and attention for the game.

The lead up tournament was good.

oh boo hoo.

Tekken's story was already in the sewers with Tekken 6. This new direction to the story is actually making me very interested.

And exploiting SFV hype?
Harada's "Capcom's turn" comments make more sense now.

HeelPower

oh boo hoo.

Tekken's story was already in the sewers with Tekken 6. This new direction to the story is actually making me very interested.

And exploiting SFV hype?
Harada's "Capcom's turn" comments make more sense now.

This is just pandering to SF crowd at the expense of a truly authentic Tekken-centric conclusion to a long running saga.

Tekken story was nothing to write home about ,but at least it was authentic and self-contained even if it was terrible.

now I just...ugh..I know its a smart decision from a marketing perspective ,and I applaud them for it.But he didn't need to be canon.

Sayah

1080p 60 FPS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-Bv6yEwFdI
GLORIOUS

This is just pandering to SF crowd at the expense of a truly authentic Tekken-centric conclusion to a long running saga.

Tekken story was nothing to write home about ,but at least it was authentic and self-contained even if it was terrible.

now I just...ugh..I know its a smart decision from a marketing perspective ,and I applaud them for it.But he didn't need to be canon.

Sure, I guess he could have been left at guest character status akin to Gon but I personally prefer that he's in the story.

It makes things more interesting - I'm actually looking forward to playing Tekken 7 story mode now. In contrast to Tekken 6 where I was just playing through scenario campaign to get more in-game money for custom items.

I understand your reasons for not wanting Akuma to be canon, though.

HeelPower

Sure, I guess he could have been left at guest character status akin to Gon but I personally prefer that he's in the story.

It makes things more interesting - I'm actually looking forward to playing Tekken 7 story mode now. In contrast to Tekken 6 where I was just playing through scenario campaign to get more in-game money for custom items.

I understand your reasons for not wanting Akuma to be canon, though.

I think I understand your reason for accepting Akuma into the mix.

Might be something to finally kick some unexpected hype and energize the story ?

Sure might be it.We'll see. :)

Pachimari

Fuck yeah the king is back!!!

I never liked Akuma and didn't get what the retcon to Tekken 2 was? Can someone enlighten me. But incorporating Street Fighter characters was a great idea and looks good! I wonder if they'll add more.

Do we know for sure if those new costumes are defaults and not customizations?

Awesome news to wake up to! So just to confirm this is T7 right, and not like a little spin off thing.
EDIT: Just saw the trailer which answers the question, looks amazing :D Can't wait!

lupinko

Fuck yeah the king is back!!!

I never liked Akuma and didn't get what the retcon to Tekken 2 was? Can someone enlighten me. But incorporating Street Fighter characters was a great idea and looks good! I wonder if they'll add more.

Do we know for sure if those new costumes are defaults and not customizations?

It's not a retcon, the Heihachi/Kazumi carving was originally in Tekken 2, and they've planned to use Kazumi in the story for a long time.

Now for Akuma/Gouki on the other hand, he was just conveniently shoehorned into the story.

They didn't say anything about the costumes, but Claudio and Kat still have their regular outfits.

Not sure what to say, but i'm hyped.

It looks gorgeous, it has new costumes, Akuma is going to pull in a ton of SF players. Sick.

(Still no console announcement though? Sigh. )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom