• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

cordy

Banned
This has been my thought for quite some time. I do feel that 7 will be the end for the cast as we know it but I could also be wrong.

But I do feel if Tekken 8 happens (due to the arcade revenue it probably will) there will be a timeskip of some sort.

Yeah, the moment they said it's the end of the Mishima saga it makes the most sense and Heihachi's fighting style is so important I doubt they'll phase it out. His original VA is dead so might as well give the style to someone new which would be Jin's son or something. All of the arcade revenue is just another incentive to Namco to continue to go on with the series regardless of how console fans feel.

Instead of waiting for T7 you folk are getting me hyped for T8 lol.

Get on that T8 train lol.
I think that they will keep Paul, even if he will be 60 years old

I can see a 60 year old Paul but at the same time given it's Paul I think it makes more sense for his bastard son to be in the game. Forest Law will likely replace Marshal so I can see Paul's son being upset at his father and learning a little bit of patience for Forest just to keep it going. A calmer slightly faster younger version of Paul would be dope.

At the same time an old white-haired Paul would be badass.

AAK

Holy crap this is incredible.

If that's the kind of stuff modders can get out of SFV's PC version... I really wonder what they'll conjure up potentially for T7:FR. Namco has GOT to make it happen.

I mean... just LOOK at this:

soulreaver.png

Sayah

Also my bluetooth thing didn't work as a PS3 mic for whatever reason. I went to Best Buy today to get an actual headset mic. So I'm reading this headset's box while I'm standing in line to purchase and realize PS3 requires you to use RCA splitter - along with USB and HDMI? So lame. I ended up not buying it because I'm not going through all that trouble, lol.

GrayFoxPL

Hmmm getting back into Tag2 after hiatus wasn't bad. I thought not playing for so long will make me terrible. I played the same, maybe even better. Maybe because I played lots of arcade games lately where reflex is the king. Online still worked great for me, ranked matches 4-5 bars every 2-15 seconds. Good shit.

Long live Tag2.
G0fUK7G.gif

Btw that guy with 56% of disconnects is still roaming online, lol. What is he doing? No one wants to play him.

ZSjZVPQ.gif

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I do wish they'd work out a technique for hair that isn't from the PS2 era. Maybe it's UE4, but even in better lighting setups, that stuff looks really flat. At the very least, couldn't they make it look a little more transparent near the edges so it looks a little more like hair and less like triangular paper strips?

Hair is a weird one. I think that, to make it look good probably requires more resources than fighting games allow for given they have to run at 60fps, especially when you consider 99% of games either don't have good looking hair or opt to keep everyones hair short and immobile. Alice seemed like a turning point, but the future refused to change.

That said, Tekken ain't got shit on the bad hair in SFV. I don't even mean the clay/food look of it, but the physics of it is pretty putrid. I'm happy the hair in Tekken at least doesn't have a seizure when it falls out of place.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I'm not even talking about any sort of intensive simulation, just better texture and lighting work. The edges look so sharp, and there's very little sense of the whole head of hair being made of numerous individual strands. There's no bump-mapping, so it looks like someone pasted a texture of hair onto a piece of paper and fashioned it into a hairdo. I mean, that's essentially what it is. It is an illusion, but the illusion could be better without resorting to something as intensive as the simulation of strands or strand clusters

AAK

Based on the ending of Tekken 6 Raven was the guy who discovered Jin's body. There is some story relevance to bringing him back.

GrayFoxPL

Based on the ending of Tekken 6 Raven was the guy who discovered Jin's body. There is some story relevance to bringing him back.

Yeah but he was basically a filler in the story.

I hope he comes back and they'll give him substantial role in the story this time.

B7dsomA.gif

Spuck-uk

Banned
As much as I hate fighting against Raven, I feel like it makes no sense to leave him out. Everything about him is right.

He's never been a character thats seen a lot of play, he isn't hugely popular (especially in Asia), I'd be genuinely suprised if he made the cut.

Then again Tekken does need some darker skintones..

AAK

At this point Tekken 7 vanilla is ancient news. I don't think anyone cares anymore. Everyone's seen all the FR media so far. The only real event to anticipate is EVO since it'll be the first official FR tournament... but then we'll have to endure another 8-10 months or possibly another year of watching Asia play and discover the game before any of us can play it.

sasuke_91

This is what's happening to Tekken's fanbase, people having philosophical revelations and shit because they're waiting so long.
Lol. Well, they had two years to think about several things :p
He's not wrong though. Bitching about Tekken 7 is some First World Problems shit.

Anyone here who wants to play some TTT2 with me now? I'm also okay with T6.

Dereck

He's not wrong though. Bitching about Tekken 7 is some First World Problems shit.
Ehhh, I have a different point of view about these kinds of things. Complaining is one of the parts of being a consumer. Tekken isn't being sold to just 20 people, it's getting sold to millions of people rather. When you have that many consumers who want to purchase your product its inevitable that people are going to bloviate from the mountain tops about how your product could better.

Yeah, complaining gets a little annoying to read every once in awhile, but then I think about the Tekken Tag 2 console release, remember how much everyone loves that game? Wasn't it the complainers that helped get people like Jun Kazama, Forest Law and Angel into the game? You know, complaining has its purposes and I'm not one to look down on people who complain as if "you shouldn't complain and just appreciate what you have". I do see his point but there are levels to this thing.

If anything Namco should be grateful that America is even still talking about a game they haven't played and hopefully they'll appreciate those sales numbers too.

GrayFoxPL

They fucked themselves with that Evo shit.

They actually have to finish FR in few months just for Evo. Later a billion patches will come out because initially FR had longer development time planned.

I'm not even waiting for console T7, but want to watch pro players at FR finding crazy broken shit with Rats.

sasuke_91

Ehhh, I have a different point of view about these kinds of things. Complaining is one of the parts of being a consumer. Tekken isn't being sold to just 20 people, it's getting sold to millions of people rather. When you have that many consumers who want to purchase your product its inevitable that people are going to bloviate from the mountain tops about how your product could better.

Yeah, complaining gets a little annoying to read every once in awhile, but then I think about the Tekken Tag 2 console release, remember how much everyone loves that game? Wasn't it the complainers that helped get people like Jun Kazama, Forest Law and Angel into the game? You know, complaining has its purposes and I'm not one to look down on people who complain as if "you shouldn't complain and just appreciate what you have". I do see his point but there are levels to this thing.

If anything Namco should be grateful that America is even still talking about a game they haven't played and hopefully they'll appreciate those sales numbers too.

I get your point and I agree with you, but I think that AT THIS POINT complaining has become a little annoying.
Complaining about the lack of new costumes was cool, complaining about the lack of innovation was cool (it still is), complaining about the lack of new animations was cool, but at this point people just complain because they seem to be used to it or something.

I don't agree with that "we shouldn't complain because there are people who have nothing" mentality, but as I said, complaining about T7 sometimes seems like some First World Problems shit.

Sayah

Lion-O keeping it real:

https://youtu.be/Q_fTf18EXGE

Starts at 2:25

He's totally, completely, and absolutely right!!!!

But at the same time, I think the internet's bitching about Tekken 7 has paid off in dividends.

Harada, team, and co. were in that mindset of keeping 10-year old "iconic" costumes for characters, and I'm almost certain a lot of the internet's ridicule of the game was at least in part responsible for the new costumes, better graphics, and more mechanics we're seeing. Fated Retribution is literally when the game started picking up good publicity.

Sayah

Woow!!
RE6 gets really fun with the chapters with the mercenary and the blonde chick.

I've also learned I probably shouldn't be using dualshock 4 on PS3. It was not recognizing my controls at all while trying to use race vehicles. Died like 10 times without understanding why, lol. Switch to dualshock 3 fixed everything.

Thanks for all the tips AAK but I have to say one-way communication really sucks. lol. I have to get a mic working somehow. I'm having so much fun with this, I think we should do RE5 after this.

Edit: Also, turning the brightness all the way up in the in-game settings and messing around with the PS3's display settings fixed all the darkness issues I was having. Game looked maaaaad dark before. I could barely see anything. But now I can see the action.

Numb

Try to play 4-6 fighters at the same time, brehs
watch yourself advance in none of them , brehs

#waiting4Tekken7problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom