• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrayFoxPL

Yeah you're right about that. Right now I feel that they're only going to replace movelists when they come out with a Tekken 8. After this we'll probably see a TxSF expansion since I doubt it'll be a full brand-new game, ride off of that into TTT3 maybe and then T8 idk years from now.

I just don't see us getting new moves lists until T8 hits since I think that'll be a timeskip with a "revival" of the franchise. Hell, something else I doubt they'll do but I wouldn't mind if Namco came out with a "Tekken Flashback" game that's basically 1+2 remixed with HD graphics, new properties, just throwbacks.

Either way they gotta do something because it's no fun using the same exact movelist from game to game with maybe slightly different properties and maybe 2 new moves.

Yeah, I'm not holding my breath for Tekken 8. Most of the old Tekken fans will be senile when it comes out.

I believed in TxSF for 6 years but not anymore. It doesn't exist, it never did. They were just lying for more then half a decade. From TxSF assets they made Revolution, T7 and Akuma. There, done.

It's even logical when one is to backtrace what Harada said in the interviews. One crucial time when he was specificaly asked once again about TxSF, Harada said that the unveil (of TxSF) must be something special, that they can't just announce it like normal, it must be a big surprise.

Well, Akuma was certainly a shocking surprise, and that's what Harada meant. This was that surprise TxSF reveal. Akuma is the TxSF. Pathetic.

What gives it more proof is what Murray said right after the Akuma Trailer premiere. "I hope now people will stop asking about TxSF for awhile."
I know Murray later said that TxSF is still in development but I stopped believing the bullshit they want to feed the fans for the next half a decade.

I wouldn't be even surprised if the deal with Capcom already expired and the Akuma is a new signed deal.

I remember very well when Harada said that TxSF is a part of "Fighting Game Festival".
First game was TTT2, second was SfxT and third was supposed to be TxSF.

The festival is long gone and they developed like 5 different games ignoring TxSF project that landed in the trash.

The streets would be red if the hat wasn't there tho

Nice one.

NlPdIhX.gif

cordy

Banned
Yeah, I'm not holding my breath for Tekken 8. Most of the old Tekken fans will be senile when it comes out.

I believed in TxSF for 6 years but not anymore. It doesn't exist, it never did. They were just lying for more then half a decade. From TxSF assets they made Revolution, T7 and Akuma. There, done.

It's even logical when one is to backtrace what Harada said in the interviews. One crucial time when he was specificaly asked once again about TxSF, Harada said that the unveil (of TxSF) must be something special, that they can't just announce it like normal, it must be a big surprise.

Well, Akuma was certainly a shocking surprise, and that's what Harada meant. This was that surprise TxSF reveal. Akuma is the TxSF. Pathetic.

What gives it more proof is what Murray said right after the Akuma Trailer premiere. "I hope now people will stop asking about TxSF for awhile."
I know Murray later said that TxSF is still in development but I stopped believing the bullshit they want to feed the fans for the next half a decade.

I wouldn't be even surprised if the deal with Capcom already expired and the Akuma is a new signed deal.

I remember very well when Harada said that TxSF is a part of "Fighting Game Festival".
First game was TTT2, second was SfxT and third was supposed to be TxSF.

The festival is long gone and they developed like 5 different games ignoring TxSF project that landed in the trash.

I think we'll get it but it'll just be a mega-expansion, not big enough for a completely new game or something sort of like if you compare SFIV to idk USFIV, beyond Super. New characters, stages, just stuff like that but that'll be years down the line. Probably something similar to The Taken King in Destiny rather than a completely full-fledged game. They're going to ride T7 till the wheels fall off which includes taking more money than those overseas.

As long as they keep giving Namco money we'll be on this trend for a good while. Namco's killing in the arcades which is unfortunate to us who can't play on console.

GrayFoxPL

I think we'll get it but it'll just be a mega-expansion, not big enough for a completely new game or something sort of like if you compare SFIV to idk USFIV, beyond Super. New characters, stages, just stuff like that but that'll be years down the line. Probably something similar to The Taken King in Destiny rather than a completely full-fledged game. They're going to ride T7 till the wheels fall off which includes taking more money than those overseas.

As long as they keep giving Namco money we'll be on this trend for a good while. Namco's killing in the arcades which is unfortunate to us who can't play on console.

Could be, could be.

To be honest I had really vivid imagination of how would SF characters look in a Tekken game. I really expected Tekken devs to treat them like a Tekken style characters with gigantic movesets, strings and such. I imagined Ken and Guile with tones of cool strings and combos, not excluding flashkicks and shoryukens of course. I mean Capcom basically treated Tekken characters like they are SF kind. So why not make it the other way around, right? That's how I hyped myself on it.

Akuma's gameplay style took me by surprise. It's faithfulness to SF4 original is disappointing to me. They took totally different route then I imagined.

So yeah like you said they could add a bunch of SF characters into T7 but if Akuma is the indication then my hype is pretty low, I already know that Guile would just have flashkick, sonic boom and not much else different from SF.

I wanted to see that 100 move crazy Tekken Ken I designed in my head, lol.

lupinko

Paul has his trademark Tekken 2 biker outfit in Tekken 7, it's a two part premium customization. Same with T4 Steve and many others.

You guys know console will likely use the same randomized ticket model right and with premium randomized tickets for purchase?

They basically figured out how to truly make a cash cow with that method.

GrayFoxPL

Paul has his trademark Tekken 2 biker outfit in Tekken 7, it's a two part premium customization. Same with T4 Steve and many others.

You guys know console will likely use the same randomized ticket model right and with premium randomized tickets for purchase?

Nah.

This:
paul-tekken7-biker-outfit.jpg

is not

10548_3.jpg

That design was never repeated.

Of course. I said they wont release T7 console until they figure out a way to suck money dry from console players like they do with arcade brethren.

cordy

Banned
Could be, could be.

To be honest I had really vivid imagination of how would SF characters look in a Tekken game. I really expected Tekken devs to treat them like a Tekken style characters with gigantic movesets, strings and such. I imagined Ken and Guile with tones of cool strings and combos, not excluding flashkicks and shoryukens of course. I mean Capcom basically treated Tekken characters like they are SF kind. So why not make it the other way around, right? That's how I hyped myself on it.

Akuma's gameplay style took me by surprise. It's faithfulness to SF4 original is disappointing to me. They took totally different route then I imagined.

So yeah like you said they could add a bunch of SF characters into T7 but if Akuma is the indication then my hype is pretty low, I already know that Guile would just have flashkick, sonic boom and not much else different from SF.

I wanted to see that 100 move crazy Tekken Ken I designed in my head, lol.

Akuma's straight out of SF and I think they're still polishing him but who knows, if they ever did TxSF they've gotta give him more moves he's just a bit limited and all. He does some good damage and all but from what I've seen it's like they're playing him as if he's a SF character in T rather than a SF character being played like a T one, who knows.

But yeah I know what you mean like say they bring in 9 extra SF characters idk 13 it'll be Ryu, Ken, Chun, Guile, Bison, Sakura, Blanka, Cammy, Vega, Honda, Dhalsim, Sagat and Zangief. Akuma makes 14, mostly legacy ones but either way they'll have to flesh them out. Sagat, Gief and Honda will be easy considering there's no Bruce, Armor King and Ganryu but the rest who knows.

At the same time we all know everyone will gravitate towards Ryu, Ken and Akuma lol.

cordy

Banned
Nah we need Vega in T7 flying all over the place

That's one reason why I think it would be great to see. Vegas instantly getting destroyed online because people will gravitate towards his claw, speed and jumping and yet Tekken players will just side-step and toss em in one of those 1/2 life bar combos.

Numb

That's one reason why I think it would be great to see. Vegas instantly getting destroyed online because people will gravitate towards his claw, speed and jumping and yet Tekken players will just side-step and toss em in one of those 1/2 life bar combos.

They'll make sure he can't drop him claw or something
Nothing can be done about side steps tho

GrayFoxPL

No, the T2 render images differ from gameplay design. The white shirt, brown gloves. .In T2 renders Paul even had the infamous earing that he never had anywhere else.

Regarding T3 design. In Tekken 2, he doesn't wear white scarf/shirt underneath. He doesn't wear shoulder pads or knee pads and shoes are different design. His jacket sleeves are going under elbows not way above.

Paul's T7 biker design were based on Tekken 3 design not 2.

But I was wrong that they never repeated it. Tag1 Paul biker was kinda designed on T2 outfit not T3. Never noticed it.

latest

Sayah

Every life is precious Sayah

His ideology is what saved him from being crazy in the first place, take the good with the bad.

:/

YUP, so annoying.

Maybe they could add one more badass older woman to the roster.

The oldest we're going is Kazumi - and she looks like she's 35 years old at max. lol.
Been asking for Heather Williams - but it'd be a miracle if we got 3 Williams in one game.

I can never understand how anyone can still watch TWD after that horrid S2. Blows my mind.

I've been following it from the beginning and have enjoyed it, including Season 2. It has several derp moments but every season has had thrilling episodes that it's worth sitting through the bad ones.

Back to complaining about Tekken 7 are we? Personally I have silenced my tune and just went into my closet to pray. Ever since Harada Tweet that Xiaoyu will marry I have been frightened for my beloved character. Forcing her to marry Jin, and not finally see him as the despicable war criminal that he is (wasnt he supposed be dead in T6 scenario campaign, explan yourself Harada!).

Xiaoyu marrying Jin will basically guarantee that she will repeat Jun all over again. Not only super lazy story telling, but he may as well had said, "Xiaoyu will die/disappear". So yeah, I never knew three words would wreck me so hard. Anyone game to just play TTT2 from now on and believe that Tekken 7 will never happen?

cordy

Banned
The fact they're already talking about Ling getting married just makes it more likely that T8 is a timeskip. Imagine there being a 20 year timeskip. Peep this.

- Kazuya, leader of the Zaibatsu-G Corp taking place of Heihachi (who's dead) but he's slightly more ruthless, white hair, basically the big bad
- Jin, taking Kazuya's place as the man who wants to take his father down. Married to Ling
- Ling, Jin's wife who teaches martial arts but she ain't playable
- Jin's son, yep. Given Heihachi will be dead at the end of T7 guaranteed Jin's son will take after Heihachi by adapting his fighting style, carrying on the legacy and being similar to Heihachi, he'll be the new main character
- Ling's student, Ling won't be in the game but since she'll teach martial arts whoever her student will be will surely be in the game, if not Jin's daughter

Then you add on the classics and other new characters

- Asuka's daughter
- Jack 8
- Yoshimitsu
- Julia's daughter
- Forest "Fucking" Law
- Paul's bastard son
- King 3
- Hwoarang
- Kid who Bruce Irvin saved
- Old badass white-haired Lars
- Steve "I'm not in my prime but I can still go" Fox
- Bryan "Oh look I'm still alive lolz" Fury

That's the Namco way. Perfect way to evolve the series, keep some favorites, bring in a new cast, we're good.

AllenShrz

Back to complaining about Tekken 7 are we? Personally I have silenced my tune and just went into my closet to pray. Ever since Harada Tweet that Xiaoyu will marry I have been frightened for my beloved character. Forcing her to marry Jin, and not finally see him as the despicable war criminal that he is (wasnt he supposed be dead in T6 scenario campaign, explan yourself Harada!).

Xiaoyu marrying Jin will basically guarantee that she will repeat Jun all over again. Not only super lazy story telling, but he may as well had said, "Xiaoyu will die/disappear". So yeah, I never knew three words would wreck me so hard. Anyone game to just play TTT2 from now on and believe that Tekken 7 will never happen?

I see it on another light.

Heihachi got Kazumi, Kaz got Jun........ Jin gets Xiao?!

Clearly someone in the family fucked up.

The fact they're already talking about Ling getting married just makes it more likely that T8 is a timeskip. Imagine there being a 20 year timeskip. Peep this.

- Kazuya, leader of the Zaibatsu-G Corp taking place of Heihachi (who's dead) but he's slightly more ruthless, white hair, basically the big bad
- Jin, taking Kazuya's place as the man who wants to take his father down. Married to Ling
- Jin's son, yep. Given Heihachi will be dead at the end of T7 guaranteed Jin's son will take after Heihachi by adapting his fighting style, carrying on the legacy and being similar to Heihachi, he'll be the new main character
- Ling's student, Ling won't be in the game but since she'll teach martial arts whoever her student will be will surely be in the game, if not Jin's daughter

- Asuka's daughter
- Jack 8
- Yoshimitsu
- Julia's daughter
- Forest "Fucking" Law
- Paul's bastard son
- King 3
- Hwoarang

That's the Namco way. Perfect way to evolve the series, keep some favorites, bring in a new cast, we're good.

This has been my thought for quite some time. I do feel that 7 will be the end for the cast as we know it but I could also be wrong.

But I do feel if Tekken 8 happens (due to the arcade revenue it probably will) there will be a timeskip of some sort.

GrayFoxPL

I doubt she'll marry Jin. It will probably not a battle character too.

AAK

Jin is Asexual. Xiaoyu is probably marrying the closest person to him... that character donning a veeeery interesting new attire.

sasuke_91

Awesome long set.

Ji3moon Ace(Jin) vs 보아꽃(Kazuya)

They are playing like possessed. Ji3moon Ace playing better every time I see him. Could be at the top soon.

Who's the Kaz player?

Damn that was awesome. That Jin was awesome.

I can never understand how anyone can still watch TWD after that horrid S2. Blows my mind.

I like TWD. It gets a lot better after S2. And S2 is not nearly as bad as you make it sound.
Prison Break S2 on the other hand... THAT was horrible.

I still think that Harada was trolling.

LowParry

We all know Ling prefers robots anyway. I hear there's a nice good looking refrigerator coming out soon in Tekken. Ya know, plot.

- Asuka's daughter
- Jack 8
- Yoshimitsu
- Julia's daughter
- Forest "Fucking" Law
- Paul's bastard son
- King 3
- Hwoarang

I think that they will keep Paul, even if he will be 60 years old

Gambit61

The oldest we're going is Kazumi - and she looks like she's 35 years old at max. lol.
Been asking for Heather Williams - but it'd be a miracle if we got 3 Williams in one game.

That would be cool. She could probably fight like Aoi Umenokouji from Virtua fighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom