• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harada just confirmed to me on twitter that he will be at Gamescom, so I'm assuming that T7 will be there. You guys know I'm not the greatest at Tekken but I can maybe ask him like a few questions if I can catch him

AAK

It's way too early to say something is OP or not. I remember in early Tekken 5 vids Inseok was destroying Leedy/Nin/etc. with Raven because of character unfamiliarity.

Looking at Akuma the funnest part of the game is going to come from learning how to beat him and discovering those new strategies/tactics. It's just a shame by the time we get a chance to play the game at our leasure those things will already have been discovered.

The scariest thing for me personally is how everything does chip damage. Even when respecting his wakeup and such will be stressfull especially in late rounds when health is a far more precious commodity.

Dereck

https://youtu.be/zrcvf_tSTVs?t=6s

FmFWyQj.png

GrayFoxPL

Doesn't seem like anyone have found any new moves for Josie so far, other than the RA.

Here are her new moves.

Btw this guy has awesome collection of new move presentation and combos if anyone missed this.

https://twitter.com/bloomblue9264

Love what Steve, Jin, Hei, Bryan, Leo, Kazuya got.

All the new combo possibilities are awesome. FR is finally looking like a worthy sequel and not copy paste bonanza Vanilla was.

I'm not afraid to say "some" characters look OP as fuck but I already said I expected that. I didn't believe in this "R" perfect balance from the day 1. Patches will be coming.

Nuszka

Lol he must be from the moon, its like he is affected by a totally different physics engine. Guaranteed it will be nerfed.
To me he seems to be like in a beta mode, when you for example dp someone they fly in a very funny(unfinished animation) way, a lot of things seem to be way off about him. I actually thought the final product will differ largely in that respect to what we saw in the pre release build.

Doomshine

Lol he must be from the moon, its like he is affected by a totally different physics engine. Guaranteed it will be nerfed.
To me he seems to be like in a beta mode, when you for example dp someone they fly in a very funny(unfinished animation) way, a lot of things seem to be way off about him. I actually thought the final product will differ largely in that respect to what we saw in the pre release build.
Actually I think the dp hit animation is pretty much how it looks in Street Fighter so it's probably deliberate.

AZYG4LYFE

Neo Member
To be fair he does build meter up quite fast, in addition his FADC combos pre juggle launch need scaling, he's doing like 70%, definitely needs some fine tuning, maybe in the rate of meter building...or both.

Banning Akuma at EVO is a non starter. It doesn't matter if he's god tier and you can't make a case that he is too new because the whole fucking game is new. I mean it's not even out in most of the world.

GrayFoxPL

Plus it's sorta looking like some other characters have extremely high top end damage with RD too.

Yeah Kaz and Hei's damage is ricockulous. Paul, Bryan and King are no slouches too. Jack got buffed and Gigas is almost a redone character.

It's just Akuma is pissing everyone off with 10 frame fadc punishes that no Tekken character can match. Also I just read that while weak shoryu isn't invincible the strong (with 2) is for 8 frames - lulz.

Doomshine

I feel like a lot of people are freaking out and not thinking about all the pieces that need to come together for these crazy damage combos to work.

Rage, rage drives, full ex bars, ch launchers, optimal wall damage e.t.c.

ZeroX03

Banned
Every Tekken release has fancy death combos that are so situational they never really see the light of day and knee jerk panic over balance because we still lack information.

Maybe poor balance will affect Evo, which would be a shame, but we still aren't even looking at a complete game here.

AAK

they never really see the light of day

This was a combo done by a person who doesn't play Tekken in a real match 14 hours into its release:

GraveSpecificAmericancreamdraft.gif

I do think there's a lot we can figure out about Akuma, but the damage scaling definitely seems sketchy.

LowParry

I'm sure the game will get more balances throughout the year. It's just the timing that's off with the release of FR and how close to EVO it is.

Edit: And the Akuma combo. I said dayam.

ZeroX03

Banned
This was a combo done by a person who doesn't play Tekken in a real match 14 hours into its release:

GraveSpecificAmericancreamdraft.gif

I do think there's a lot we can figure out about Akuma, but the damage scaling definitely seems sketchy.

1. Not a death combo.
2. Didn't say the game was well balanced, just said people tend to panic.
3. It's not a finished game.

GrayFoxPL

Oh shit! I figured it out! I know how to beat Akuma! Why I didn't think of this sooner?!

Nina has a Glock.

When Evo comes the fight is gonna be resolved like this:

BjICz8i.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom