• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is an amazing response, I'm actually going to give this a practice tonight!
I will try and stream it, you can grab the link on the discord if I do end up streaming.
I will just go through some frame data on Dragunov, get my head around this.

Seriously, cheers everyone! Ta muchly!

It has begun.
lMcHsnD.jpg

AAK

If all I had was a console version to deal with I'd still be fuming... But thankfully PC mods will save my sanity.

It's just going to suck watching Master Cup and KoIF2016 tournaments when Nobi & co. are gonna subject us to their abominations.

PhineBuyM3

What happened then?

No Japanese and Korean players came, it was a Bob/Law fest, made the game look bad. I was on Gametrailers and Gfaqs at the time and there was a ton of 09er Capcom dickriders spreading misinformation about the game and the series in general.

Village

Jesus Christ..

I don't know if it's just me but when I customize, I like to create customs that look like something the character would actually wear. I've never understood crazy customs like that.
Im with you on that one.
But im not gonna tell them to stop doibg theirs as...odd aa some might be

GrayFoxPL

This is an amazing response, I'm actually going to give this a practice tonight!
I will try and stream it, you can grab the link on the discord if I do end up streaming.
I will just go through some frame data on Dragunov, get my head around this.

Seriously, cheers everyone! Ta muchly!

You're welcome.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Other thing.........

Fuuuuuuuuuck!

I'm gonna need to go to hospital again. Doc said he's 80% sure it's gallbladder stones and I gonna need a surgery. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!
That insane pain I had last few days below my right rib actually meant something serious.

Riding an ambulance for disabled person like me is a nightmare just unbelievable pain in body and bones riding through a shitty, bumpy and full of holes roads in Poland.
Not to mention I'm scared shitless of hospitals after the last time.

Fuck. :(

JnVKrQp.jpg

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Cmsfu3rWcAAtfsH.jpg

Check it out, you can take off Chloe's stupid paws (bottom left).

Now if only they had such an option for the gloves of other customizations, ala Tekken 6. This just looks like variants of the torso to me, rather than categories for the torso and gloves that you customize separately. Better than nothing I guess...

Hwoarang's head seems pretty adjustable too:

edit: Oh shit GrayFox, that sounds horrible. I hope you get through it as quickly as possible. :(

GrayFoxPL

All the best Gray, hope all gets sorted for you in a timely manner.

Shit, Gray, i hope it turns out well. =(

Man, I wish you all the best Gray!

You're in good hands GFPL, you'll be free of pain soon. All of our thoughts and prayers go out to you. We await to hear from you in a pain-free condition soon :)

edit: Oh shit GrayFox, that sounds horrible. I hope you get through it as quickly as possible. :(

Thank you greatly guys!

TekkenGAF is the best fucking community. Period.

Edit:Akuma combo vid already? Oh boy.

Pachimari

Removing Chloe's paws is taking away the whole charm about her. Don't do that. It's okay if you remove her tail, but not her jacket, that's just crazy.

I'm all for removing Hwoarang's eye patch and Josie's bow.

Numb

Glad the fireball super can combo but Meter is too important
Wish raging demon comboed outside of walls .Oni can do it on a jumping airborne character

Creaking

Removing Chloe's paws is taking away the whole charm about her. Don't do that. It's okay if you remove her tail, but not her jacket, that's just crazy.

I'm all for removing Hwoarang's eye patch and Josie's bow.

Maybe if you subscribe to the idea that she has any charm in the first place.

giphy.gif

GrayFoxPL

I remember the Chloe cosplayer who promoted T7 when it came out. She's also a player so she presented Chloe gameplay with Harada by her side.

I will never forget the moment when she asked Harada if she could remove the "paw jacket" because she can't play with this incredibly dumb, moronic ass contraption.

Of course she said it in polite Japanese way, but I could see Harada got shit smeared in his face. Haha.

I remember the Chloe cosplayer who promoted T7 when it came out. She's also a player so she presented Chloe gameplay with Harada by her side.

I will never forget the moment when she asked Harada if she could remove the "paw jacket" because she can't play with this incredibly dumb, moronic ass contraption.

Of course she said it in polite Japanese way, but I could see Harada got shit smeared in his face. Haha.

I remember when she was supposed to award the big winner cheque at Master Cup but she dropped it due to the cat paws, ha ha.

I've kinda gotten used to Lucky Chloe over time, and i didn't really dislike her to begin with personally. But you can take off all the cat attire, the tail, the headphones and the jacket it looks like. Looks pretty refreshing.

Thank you.

Namco's fear of Black girls. Lulz.

Dude I really hope it works out for you, I have had people I know who had Gallbladder stones and it seems like a pretty safe operation, so i'm pretty sure you will be fine. That being said I don't know the extent of your disability, but seriously dude you can do it!!!!!!

GrayFoxPL

I'll say this:

I like that from mid to bottom Chloe looks like someone from Fighting Vipers, also combination of pink and black looks nice. Everything other, the tail coming out of her bum, the idiotic impractical cat paws and finally a "specific" behavior or character that was slapped onto her. That's just cringy shit.

That could be a decent design.

Dude I really hope it works out for you, I have had people I know who had Gallbladder stones and it seems like a pretty safe operation, so i'm pretty sure you will be fine. That being said I don't know the extent of your disability, but seriously dude you can do it!!!!!!

Thanks man for reassuring. I think I'm afraid of even just going to hospital, it's very hard when you don't move at all basically. We have saying that you gotta be hella healthy to go to hospital. It's true. They really test your limits.

AAK

Hope you and everyone else here celebrating are enjoying it.

It'll be Me, Myself, and....
My Computer
. :p don't really have any friends or family in the town I'm currently working in. But thanks! Hope your Eid is going swimmingly :)

Of course, Namco could never take inspiration from this. :/

I wonder how LC would have turned out if they went with a Black Girl rather than a blonde haired blue eyed incoherent gaijin...

Creaking

I just found out that a lot of the stuff from the 2011 Wii U trailer of Tag 2 never made it into the final product. Stuff like the battle analyzer and stage editor. Painting is a lot blockier in the final version too, and I don't think you could draw and recolor a decal before applying it like the one on Lars's jacket.

I had a really hard time finding the old trailer that showed all of that stuff too.

I remember being annoyed that these things weren't in the PS3 or 360 versions of the game, but I guess they weren't actually in any versions of the game.

The stage editor seems like a neat idea. A little too cartoony in this trailer, but I think it could have some potential if fleshed out. But maybe they ran into the issue of making stages that caused the frame-rate to drop.

GrayFoxPL

I just found out that a lot of the stuff from the 2011 Wii U trailer of Tag 2 never made it into the final product. Stuff like the battle analyzer and stage editor. Painting is a lot blockier in the final version too, and I don't think you could draw and recolor a decal before applying it like the one on Lars's jacket.

I had a really hard time finding the old trailer that showed all of that stuff too.

I remember being annoyed that these things weren't in the PS3 or 360 versions of the game, but I guess they weren't actually in any versions of the game.

The stage editor seems like a neat idea. A little too cartoony in this trailer, but I think it could have some potential if fleshed out. But maybe they ran into the issue of making stages that caused the frame-rate to drop.

Wowzers! I never seen full version of that trailer! Crazy stuff with stages and advanced decal edit! Definitely not a more or less straight port it ended up being. Battle analyzer actually looked useful unlike Fight Lab circus.

I love when ppl dig up stuff like this, thanks Creaking.

Black haired brown eyed incoherent gaijin?

Exactly, lol.

So happy my boy Yoshi is getting buffed all around.

NSS FC,d/f+1,2 (his low sword sweep without sword) - second hit is +14 and combos into his rage drive (CD+1+2)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qS8U3VSdb0

CD+2 - i14 looks like KIN f+2 but mid, S! in combos and on CH. Used to extend a LOT of combos now. Looks like I finally have to master the EWGF motion

CD+1+2 - rage drive with all kinds of combo potential, Same animation as CD+2.

d/f+1,2 - new string, its basically his backfist (f+2) after d/f+1, natural combo. 2nd hit S! Flows into his d/b+2 spins like the old days (just like ws+1,2,d/b+2...).

His old FC,d/f+3 sweep is back! NSS only tho. Full combo potential.

His old d/f+2 is in both main stances now. No need to switch to NSS(not new in FR tho). Combo extends with f,f+4 into BT 4 then CD+2.

https://twitter.com/bloomblue9264/status/750736941289648133

KIN 3 - the low slide out of KIN always knocks down, woot!

2,2,1+2 - high jabs into KIN. Probably useful vs Akuma's demon flip. Float then combo.
Seen at start of round here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pip9dLLTNrE&feature=youtu.be&t=1h47m9s

WS 2,1 ~ DGF - new WS launcher string. Slower than his hopkick but still cool I guess.

I'm sure there's more things that are less obvious that we'll figure out soon. Glad all around.

Yeah that Nina art is awesome. Every time I see an image of FR Nina it makes me want to drop every character I've ever played in Tekken and main her.

I will give Namco props. I was super critical of the old costumes coming back for vanilla T7 but they really turned things around. It's kind of a shame FR isn't how they debuted the game from the beginning.

Creaking

I will give Namco props. I was super critical of the old costumes coming back for vanilla T7 but they really turned things around. It's kind of a shame FR isn't how they debuted the game from the beginning.

At least it's what they showed at E3. Hopefully they'll be able to keep the hype up at other events. Gamescom, TGS, PGW, PSX etc.

Sayah

All 4 look great, but this has to be her best panel
Welp! Time for an avatar change even though I've been aiming to keep my anticipation low for this game.

Also trying to keep my pessimism at bay, but I really don't feel happy supporting a 2 year wait model. I don't know if I'll be one of those day 1 buyers for that reason. Or maybe if used copies go on eBay fast.... :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom