• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT3|

Pachimari

The good thing is, that this is the month we'll finally get that release date!

Now let's hope it won't have been delayed from Early 2017 lol.

lupinko

I finally have a winning percentage in this game.

All I had to do was take up Paul. Lol

Next is Bob and then Hwoarang.

So Paul makes five characters I'm playing right now (Katarina, Kazumi, Akuma, Josie).

The best part is that I can practice Paul at home, and the same applies to Bob I think.

GrayFoxPL

I finally have a winning percentage in this game.

All I had to do was take up Paul. Lol

mBADugz.gif

0PbCEZa.gif

Osu!

cordy

Banned
Anybody have any idea where the release date/console version info will be revealed this month? They said January, I just wanna know when so I can schedule my PTO. I'm already scheduling a week off at the end of this month, probably a week off at the end of next month. My next time to take off will probably be when T7 releases.

Sept 19 - Dec 27

December 29

WOOO HAPPY NEW YEAR 2017 EVERYBODY YEAH

On the up side... after 3 months of nothing, I finally had a really good opponent jump on the TTT2 machine across from me tonight. A.King, Dragonuv (3 wins) vs my Leo (1 win), single. Such crispy movement. I guess I have to work on that if I want to continue trawling the arcade when T7 shows up at Round 1 some time this decade :^/

I am also hoping for an T7 arcade at Round One soon

korly

Word out of Japan is that all the Tekken 7 fighters are getting CHAOS shirts & Bullet Club shirts. And if you pick the Okada costume for King he gets the Rainmaker move.

Okada will be wrestling dressed as King at Fantasticamania this year.

^^^ So why did R1 update their website saying T7 is coming early this month to all locations?

I don't know but an employee told a friend of mine it was delayed till summer. This was a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully it's not true.

We were told the vanilla Tekken 7 machine in Chicago wasn't updated to FR because FR wasn't localized. Supposedly Namco was working on localizing it so they could get FR there and at R1. This was supposedly going to happen in December and nothing was said since.

ZeroX03

Banned
We will never get INT FR. We've had Vanilla since release and we've been hearing so many conflicting reports. Namco says speak to our distributors, our distributors say speak to Namco.

Then we discover that due to low quantities/interest they aren't going to sell it, which is ridiculous as why bother selling the Vanilla cabinets? Let's not forget that it's a paid update at almost 10K USD.

It's been exceedingly frustrating. Console is just around the corner, which is going to make these expensive machines redundant (they already are).

GrayFoxPL

Fuck me Rainmaker is so hilarious and awesome! Finally some cool crosover promotion that is actually fighting related and not nonsense idolmaster or smth shitfest. The t-shirts remind me little those cool UFC ones back in T6.(just not as good)

ylsA96j.gif

Moar gifs!

a7eQHGz.gif

2nvBsNU.gif

unpnsGi.gif

Kings lucha mask looks insane!

I love this! Hope it doesn't stay in Japan. Don't do this Harada.

...and uh... is it just me or Ninas chest became more...robust?

HxaK3g6.gif

Oooh.

lupinko

I don't know but an employee told a friend of mine it was delayed till summer. This was a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully it's not true.

We were told the vanilla Tekken 7 machine in Chicago wasn't updated to FR because FR wasn't localized. Supposedly Namco was working on localizing it so they could get FR there and at R1. This was supposedly going to happen in December and nothing was said since.

The version that MarkMan toured around tournaments was in English. And menu and dialog subtitles aside, the Korean version is basically the International English version.

e.g. Akuma is Akuma, titles translated in English or romanized Japanese.

cordy

Banned
Yep, so the 24th? Just so happens I'll be able to see this live. Can't wait.

Speaking of the console version, what modes do you all want back? I personally want these.

- Arcade Mode (sad we gotta say that in 2017)
- Some Force-like/Beat Em Up Mode (perfect mode for podcast listening, whatever)
- Ghost Mode (one of the best features of console Tekkens)
- Tekken Tunes

Gimme those and I'm good.

Speaking of the console version, what modes do you all want back? I personally want these.

- Some Force-like/Beat Em Up Mode (perfect mode for podcast listening, whatever)
- Tekken Tunes

Those and Tekken Ball or Tekken Bowl.

A tekken history timeline or datalog in the game would be neat too.

Bakoery

- Tekken Tunes

I find it rather underwhelming that fighting games are all about only these modes. There are some games that inspire to change it up a little and add tons of content. Like the graveyard in mortal kombat series or the mode where all kinds of things change and pop up, forgot the name. And if you look at smash 4 you can name 13 modes all for casual fun and expanding the game with it's content.

Looking back at the Tekken series if find it really dull to mostly find: Arcade, ghost, story, time attack, team battle and survival, with some exceptions like bowling and tekken ball.

But there is huge gap and there is potential to add dozens of creative ideas and make them into fun modes. My assumption is that it's probably not something that bamco has in their culture and/ or don't have the proper funding, which is a shame.

I find it rather underwhelming that fighting games are all about only these modes. There are some games that inspire to change it up a little and add tons of content. Like the graveyard in mortal kombat series or the mode where all kinds of things change and pop up, forgot the name. And if you look at smash 4 you can name 13 modes all for casual fun and expanding the game with it's content.

Looking back at the Tekken series if find it really dull to mostly find: Arcade, ghost, story, time attack, team battle and survival, with some exceptions like bowling and tekken ball.

But there is huge gap and there is potential to add dozens of creative ideas and make them into fun modes. My assumption is that it's probably not something that bamco has in their culture and/ or don't have the proper funding, which is a shame.

The more interesting modes seem to be found in anime fighters like Blazblue or Rival Schools. I agree we need more modes like this in other fighters as it's not a common thing at all.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod

One of the reasons I miss pre last gen SoulCalibur. Always had a lot of extra stuff to do. Peaked at III with the whole Chronicles of the Sword mode, the semi-branching Tales of Souls story mode, extra extra stuff like the Soul Arena and... hell if I go on I'm just going to end up begging the air for Super SoulCalibur III HD again.

I wish Tekken had the Boss mode/Unlimited characters from Persona or Blazblue. And a mode to use them in, like Abyss and Golden Arena.

That's always so fun to mess around with.

sasuke_91

Just give us the RPG mode from Soul Calibur.
To be honest, after 2,5 years of waiting I expect this game to have a ton of content to even make me buy this game and not wait for it to get a discount or buy it second hand...

GrayFoxPL

Just give us the RPG mode from Soul Calibur.
To be honest, after 2,5 years of waiting I expect this game to have a ton of content to even make me buy this game and not wait for it to get a discount or buy it second hand...

You're going to be disappointed my friend.

Story Mode will be short because those cutscenes and QTE battles are expensive and probably take a long time to make. Let's not forget how late the home version development started.

I'd wish for some fun modes that take just little imagination and modding of the game itself rather then extensive development. T6 "Scenario Campaign" was a pice of shit, let's not do this again.

Rather I'd like SF cancel mode I mentioned some time ago, where Tekken characters could cancel moves like Akuma just for pure unfiltered craziness in combos and fun, no matter how broken. It's just a bonus.

In reality I don't expect much apart of announced Story Mode.

Ghost Battle is probably in.

Survival and Time Attack are a waste of space, let's be honest. I'd like these lazy modes exchanged for something fresh.

Yet this is unlikely.

cordy

Banned
I forgot that they've already revealed some of the modes months ago.
- Story: The Mishima Saga
- Arcade Battle
- VS Battle
- Online Mode
- ???
- Practice
- Customize
- Gallery
- Leaderboards
- ???
- Options

I could have sworn I saw an even more updated mode list that had "Offline" and "Online" like previous Tekkens but I can't find it. I figured Online Tournament Mode would be one of the ??? but that would go in the Online Mode portion.

GrayFoxPL

I could have sworn I saw an even more updated mode list that had "Offline" and "Online" like previous Tekkens but I can't find it. I figured Online Tournament Mode would be one of the ??? but that would go in the Online Mode portion.

Perversion Mode and DLC Mode

There should be "I'm Sorry Mode".

cordy

Banned
Perversion Mode and DLC Mode

There should be "I'm Sorry Mode".

Didn't they say the PSVR stuff coming to the game won't be gameplay-related and hinted that it would be used to look at characters? Shit, this might be real.

Summer Lesson was really a summer lesson before the official class starts in T7.

GrayFoxPL

Didn't they say the PSVR stuff coming to the game won't be gameplay-related and hinted that it would be used to look at characters? Shit, this might be real.

Summer Lesson was really a summer lesson before the official class starts in T7.

Haha, I forgot about the VR stuff. You might be on point.

sasuke_91

There better be a Tekken Force mode.
I'll take this over "Scenario Campaign" any day of the week. Just give us a few casual modes that are mindless fun.

The VR mode is probably going to be Summer Lesson 2.0
"Lucky Chloe VR Dress-Up DLC! Now for just 10,99€"

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks

- Tekken Tunes

You're going to watch the announcement show live? As in person?

cordy

Banned
You're going to watch the announcement show live? As in person?

Nah just live on stream. I already have that week scheduled off and I've never seen EVO game announcements as they happen so I'm glad it's lined up this way. I wish it were in person lol.

LowParry

I expect a rematch with MarkMan and Mr. Wiz for the secret sauce code to enter into Tekken 7 for a release date :D

AllenShrz

Why is bryan considered a character of difficult execution?

I didnt use him before because I didn't want to bother with another high execution character as the mishimas but I wanted to learn how to use him and ho boy! I've never been so high rank before so effortless (Seyriu).

He is so easy, lots of tools, plus frames and mid safe launchers that track somewhat. I still cant do the taunt-jet upper but it will come with practice. Im really shocked of how easy he is, and how powerful his arsenal is. The only bad thing I can find is that he doesn't have a wide selections of mixups but he makes up for that with mid safe launcher/counters.

Rajang

- Tekken Tunes

I would love Tekken Ball mode but they already said that they would rather invest more money in to the story mode than do a mode that has been done twice already.

But modes like that are usually the stuff we play the most when I have friends and family over. We of course play versus first but what most of my family and friends remember about Tekken are the silly modes like Tekken Ball and Tekken Bowl. We always play the modern Tekken games first but after an hour its always Tekken 3 and laughing our ass off playing Tekken Ball. I really hope they add something like that in the game. A lot of casuals love that stuf, they dont care about competing online or a tournament mode.

Arcade mode and Story mode are already a given if we go by the pictures of the main menu. But I really hope we also get classic modes like Ghost Battle back as well. Its the offline mode I use the most, I think I have like hundreds of hours of Ghost Battle in Tag 2 alone and I don't even like Tag 2. And yeah stuff like Survival and Time Attack are not that great or creative but they wouldn't be hard to implement either. Imo they should always be in the game.

Onemic

Is ghost battle like VF in that it actually uses data from pro players in Korea/Japan? Or is it just the CPU with varying difficulty and customization based on rank?

Rajang

Is ghost battle like VF in that it actually uses data from pro players in Korea/Japan? Or is it just the CPU with varying difficulty and customization based on rank?

Both.

And in older games like Tekken DR on PSP you could upload your own ghost for everyone else to fight against. You could record yourself in practice mode and the ghost would imitate your playstyle. You could download ghosts directly in game or from Tekken communities online like Tekken Zaibatsu, Gamefaqs etc.

Top Bottom