• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT3|

Spuck-uk

Banned
Why is bryan considered a character of difficult execution?

I didnt use him before because I didn't want to bother with another high execution character as the mishimas but I wanted to learn how to use him and ho boy! I've never been so high rank before so effortless (Seyriu).

He is so easy, lots of tools, plus frames and mid safe launchers that track somewhat. I still cant do the taunt-jet upper but it will come with practice. Im really shocked of how easy he is, and how powerful his arsenal is. The only bad thing I can find is that he doesn't have a wide selections of mixups but he makes up for that with mid safe launcher/counters.

Difficulty to use wise:

Taunt jet upper is incredibly difficult to be consistent with.

He has to do the hard version of backdash cancelling.

Magic 4 combos require great timing to catch the initial hit into jab.

His best combos have some difficult timings.

He has no real panic buttons / strong high crushes.

Dereck

I also have trouble with this kick into sway cancel thing, whatever it's called

Tvmt2qL.gif

ajb1888

Banned
Hi! Tekken Tag 2 can be played on PS4 today!

Its on PS NOW I just discovered (yay!)

Downloading the 7 day trial sub to check out my streaming quality :)

sasuke_91

Hi! Tekken Tag 2 can be played on PS4 today!

Its on PS NOW I just discovered (yay!)

Downloading the 7 day trial sub to check out my streaming quality :)

I'm curious on how much more lag one can expect streaming a game.

Sidestep crouch cancels are a bitch for me. I'm just jumping like a horny flea.

I'll never get a handle of them.

Nca6sfT.gif

That and being consistent with crouch dash cancel into WS moves makes it hard for me to learn Dragunov.

AllenShrz

Difficulty to use wise:

Taunt jet upper is incredibly difficult to be consistent with. Yes

He has to do the hard version of backdash cancelling. Kind of, is just different

Magic 4 combos require great timing to catch the initial hit into jab. No problem

His best combos have some difficult timings.If not taunt-jet upper is involved, easy peasy (after mishimas anyway)

He has no real panic buttons / strong high crushes.I guess orbital and chopping elbow are for panic mode

And Ive managed to win 10 times twice in a row with bryan, I've never done that before. No wonder why is he the most picked at the arcades.

GrayFoxPL

That and being consistent with crouch dash cancel into WS moves makes it hard for me to learn Dragunov.

Do you use the lite crouch dash with Drag? d,df, n, let him use crouch dash ws moves instead qcf ones.

sasuke_91

Do you use the lite crouch dash with Drag? d,df, n, let him use crouch dash ws moves instead qcf ones.

Yep light crouch dash. It's more of a thing with timing than execution. I have to practice more.

As if.

That's not early 2017 though, right?

We're already in "Early 2017" and we still don't have a release date. Maybe a delay? I don't know.
June sounds really pessimistic though. There would be no reason to delay it so much.

cordy

Banned
I'm gonna say March. If it released in February-March it would line up with when 5 released in the US/JAPAN which is the only release date for a Tekken that's happened earlier in the year (along with 3 which released in April). Idk, given a worldwide release these days that's perfect. All the other Tekkens released late in the year.

I'll say March. April the latest.

sasuke_91

But why hold off on announcing a release date for so long? Is there a reason to that? I can't think of a better opportunity than at their biggest tournament of the year. Unless they want to announce the release date at the Nintendo Switch event :p

GrayFoxPL

But why hold off on announcing a release date for so long? Is there a reason to that? I can't think of a better opportunity than at their biggest tournament of the year. Unless they want to announce the release date at the Nintendo Switch event :p

Oh shit, no more delay because of one more platform to port to.

cordy

Banned

Doubt Namco cares about all the hype the game gets given how well they've done in arcades. They're probably like "fuck it, let's release it soon and get it out there and keep on pushing" and that's what they'll do. They don't need those massive sales like Capcom.

What I wonder is how they'll handle dlc. I wonder if we'll get things like DLC characters over time or if it'll just be a "ok release this here and that'll be it" thing. What I personally want is a "TxSF DLC" attachment. Let that be the thing for TxSF and it keeps T7 around for some years before the next hits.

sasuke_91

Doubt Namco cares about all the hype the game gets given how well they've done in arcades. They're probably like "fuck it, let's release it soon and get it out there and keep on pushing" and that's what they'll do. They don't need those massive sales like Capcom.

What I wonder is how they'll handle dlc. I wonder if we'll get things like DLC characters over time or if it'll just be a "ok release this here and that'll be it" thing. What I personally want is a "TxSF DLC" attachment. Let that be the thing for TxSF and it keeps T7 around for some years before the next hits.

I doubt they would even go through the hassle of porting the game to consoles and PC and tell us about stuff like Story Mode if they didn't hope to profit from it. That would be too stupid even for Namco.

ajb1888

Banned

Played a couple hours of it via PS NOW. Played through time attack, ghost battles, and some online ranked matches. My sister came by and we pair played online, which was a lot of fun! We got stomped as expected tho haha :)

Compared to when I had it for PS3, it mostly feels like the game I remember. The DLC tekken tunes music I had purchased was still there too.

There is definitely extra delay in my button presses registering tho, which has made combos I used to do with Lili and other characters frustrating. I dont know how much specific lag there is, but it is noticeable.

Cannot recommend for competitive players, because of the lag, but at least its very serviceable for some offline fun and having pair play back on ps4 will be awesome next time I have a party :)

*Still need/want Tekken 7 already lol..

cordy

Banned
I doubt they would even go through the hassle of porting the game to consoles and PC and tell us about stuff like Story Mode if they didn't hope to profit from it. That would be too stupid even for Namco.

There's a difference between hoping to profit from it and needing to get massive sales like Capcom. Yeah they want to profit from it, no one says they don't. They won't be needing to receive the sales Capcom needs for the profit however given their business model.

sasuke_91

There's a difference between hoping to profit from it and needing to get massive sales like Capcom. Yeah they want to profit from it, no one says they don't. They won't be needing to receive the sales Capcom needs for the profit however given their business model.
But releasing the game that way is just sloppy. This will end up the same as Tekken 6 back in 2009, maybe even worse. That's why I'm asking what's been holding them off all this time?
People forgot about Tekken as a whole over the last few years. "Sloppy" is what I would call their whole handling of the series in general :/

cordy

Banned
But releasing the game that way is just sloppy. This will end up the same as Tekken 6 back in 2009, maybe even worse. That's why I'm asking what's been holding them off all this time?
People forgot about Tekken as a whole over the last few years. "Sloppy" is what I would call their whole handling of the series in general :/

T6's promotion was massive though. I remember the promotion being so crazy it was promoting WWE ppvs and even Tapout was promoting it. Harada even said it sold 3.5M copies in 1.5 years which is great. TTT2 on the other hand, man they rarely promoted that, the release was a surprise. I do know that T7's being promoted way more than TTT2 was but not as much as T6, not even close. They need to promote the game more. I think they were making so much in the arcades they kept racking up money and now, given they have enough, they'll just release it for console. That arcade model was too great for them.

But yeah I agree we need them to go full speed ahead with T7 promotion.

Onemic

T6's promotion was massive though. I remember the promotion being so crazy it was promoting WWE ppvs and even Tapout was promoting it. Harada even said it sold 3.5M copies in 1.5 years which is great. TTT2 on the other hand, man they rarely promoted that, the release was a surprise. I do know that T7's being promoted way more than TTT2 was but not as much as T6, not even close. They need to promote the game more. I think they were making so much in the arcades they kept racking up money and now, given they have enough, they'll just release it for console. That arcade model was too great for them.

But yeah I agree we need them to go full speed ahead with T7 promotion.

Were they really promoting T6 that heavy compared to T5 and before though? I remember not even knowing that a T6 even released back when I got a PS3 in 2009.

cordy

Banned
Were they really promoting T6 that heavy compared to T5 and before though? I remember not even knowing that a T6 even released back when I got a PS3 in 2009.

Yeah T6 was heavily promoted from what I saw. Whenever I turned on WWE they had a T6 commercial playing like every other break and there was even something online with it talking about "who's the best Tekken fighter" ala like an actual fight thing. Like with UFC or something, they showed 2 characters and fans voted to see who'd win if I remember right? Maybe that part was IGN or Gamespot. It was an interesting time but around that time the Tekken/Tapout thing came to play with characters having Tapout shirts. Mind you, interestingly enough, Tapout is owned by WWE now. I never saw that type of promotion with TTT2. T3 was heavily promoted. Idk about 4.

T5 was what sponsored a WWE ppv though I believe it was Backlash. That game was pushed.

Spuck-uk

Banned

Because you want to be very sure of your release date, to synch up with your marketing efforts. You make your big release statement a year before, and even IF you hit it, unless you have a sustained marketing push, all your hype will fade by release.

This applies double for a game in what's a fairly niche market now, that likely won't have a massive advertising budget.

I hope they take a page out of NRS' book and start doing regular shows with character demos or reveals or other bits of news leading up to release. Or even just do the 101 on new or returning characters, i'm sure there's lots of people looking to get into T7 who'd be happy with something like that.

I hope they take a page out of NRS' book and start doing regular shows with character demos or reveals or other bits of news leading up to release. Or even just do the 101 on new or returning characters, i'm sure there's lots of people looking to get into T7 who'd be happy with something like that.

Rip did something like that pre TTT2 launch and it was sponsored by Namco so I can see them doing it again.

sasuke_91

Because you want to be very sure of your release date, to synch up with your marketing efforts. You make your big release statement a year before, and even IF you hit it, unless you have a sustained marketing push, all your hype will fade by release.

This applies double for a game in what's a fairly niche market now, that likely won't have a massive advertising budget.

Thanks. That's the answer I was looking for.

Top Bottom