• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT3|

Dereck

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 was released as a launch title on the Wii U, this is two months after the release of the game on PS3/360.

The Switch comes out March 2017.

Signs are pointing to a Feb release date.

I'm thinking the game is going to be a Switch launch title. That's basically the first known fighting game to be on The Switch.

That's what I think.

EDIT: There's a lot of stuff going on.

The questions of;

Is Tekken 7 going to have PS4 Pro enhancements

Is Tekken 7 coming to the Switch, and if it is, that means that they'll have to port a game to a console that powers down when it's in portable mode. That's more development time for a Switch port.

Is Tekken 7 going to eventually come to the Scorpio later on.

How is Tekken 7 going to use VR

Is Tekken 7 going to have crossplay with anything

These are the questions, and because of these questions I feel like Tekken 7 is just taking awhile even being conspired as an actual idea before it becomes an ported game.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I just hope it doesn't get any exclusive modes on any platform like that Tekken Ball rubbish they pulled with the Wii U version of Tag 2.

sasuke_91

Is Tekken 7 going to have PS4 Pro enhancements

Are Pro enhancements mandatory? Haven't seen games without Pro enhancements since it launched. The Last Guardian on Pro is basically what the PS4 should have been like :p
(The game's amazing though. Go play it! I'm still trying to collect my thoughts on it and want to write down some impressions...)

Is Tekken 7 coming to the Switch, and if it is, that means that they'll have to port a game to a console that powers down when it's in portable mode. That's more development time for a Switch port.

There were rumors that the power down is optional and developers can decide on whether they power down the GPU in portable mode or let it run at the same clock rate. I winder if that's true.

Is Tekken 7 going to eventually come to the Scorpio later on.

There's still more than 6 months before that console comes out. I don't think they worry about stuff like that now. It really depends on whether they put in the extra effort for Scorpio enhancements.

How is Tekken 7 going to use VR

Yeah I'm curious as well. I can imagine they would put in a VR mode for costumization or some mini-games.

Is Tekken 7 going to have crossplay with anything

I really hope so :/

Pachimari

They haven't even kicked off their marketing campaign yet. As soon as they announce the date they'll probably start it up. But in no way are they gonna spend a single month leading up to a February release.

When the release date have been announced late this month, I can see them opening up to talks about console-exclusive features, more character reveals and the likes for February and March. And seeing how many times they've disappointed us before, a small delay from Early 2017 wouldn't be that surprising. I see it releasing the earliest in April, but I still think June is realistic.

Dereck

They haven't even kicked off their marketing campaign yet. As soon as they announce the date they'll probably start it up. But in no way are they gonna spend a single month leading up to a February release.

When the release date have been announced late this month, I can see them opening up to talks about console-exclusive features, more character reveals and the likes for February and March. And seeing how many times they've disappointed us before, a small delay from Early 2017 wouldn't be that surprising. I see it releasing the earliest in April, but I still think June is realistic.
Oh, if we're talking no jokes and no hoping predictions, I'm shooting for August. We all know that Feb 2017 isn't very logical, but after so many people being optimistic or whatever I thought I would give in.

Pachimari

Fuck, I knew my sarcasm-meter was off today. :(

And I should've known better, cause you do these sarcastic posts sometimes. :)

GrayFoxPL

Fuck, can't play Tag2 ranked anymore. 20% disconnects. Whenever I get promotion chance - shutdown, so fight lost + penalty. Looking like a ragequitter. Fucking depressing shit.

yU40kyS.jpg

I was watching a YouTube video of Korea vs. Japan Tekken 7 and all my OG Tekken memories rushed back remembering why it's my favorite fighter. Cant wait for it's release to jump back in.

cordy

Banned
Given Injustice launches May 16, I'm sure Tekken isn't launching in May. I'm still saying March. Seems still good.

Given Injustice launches May 16, I'm sure Tekken isn't launching in May. I'm still saying March. Seems still good.

Injustice 2 doesn't officially have a release date yet, right? And the past three have been April 14-19.

Edit: Oh, it was just revealed? My bad. Well, that gives Tekken some more room so that's good.

CSX

woke up from a nap. First thought i had was literally "Wow Tekken is still not out yet"

...thinking i might be going a bit insan e lol

sasuke_91

Oh, if we're talking no jokes and no hoping predictions, I'm shooting for August. We all know that Feb 2017 isn't very logical, but after so many people being optimistic or whatever I thought I would give in.

August? That would make 3 EVOs with an unfair disadvantage for anyone outside Asia.

Fuck, can't play Tag2 ranked anymore. 20% disconnects. Whenever I get promotion chance - shutdown, so fight lost + penalty. Looking like a ragequitter. Fucking depressing shit.

I got so bad at Tekken, last time I played I got destroyed 4-0 by my little brother. That's what not playing for 3 weeks does to you :p
I think I'll wait until Tekken 7 before really starting to play again. I don't want to feel drained before it comes out.

woke up from a nap. First thought i had was literally "Wow Tekken is still not out yet"

"A bit", yeah :p

GrayFoxPL

Can't blame you. This shit is starting to look like 12 Monkeys movie.

WHAT YEAR IS THIS?!

Last call on date. Winner gets a title of Nostradamus and nothing else!(Sponsored by Namco)

15th of March

ZeroX03

Banned
I'm sure it'll be Pro enhanced in some form.

Scorpio? Doubtful they'll come back 6+ months later unless they go hard on a DLC/update campaign, which isn't Harada's style.

sasuke_91

Feb 29th

By the way, some of you guys are going to destroy me in Tekken 7. Solo is not my world, but Tag is full of bullshit, so I'll take Solo over that.

Same day as Mass Effect huh? Not sure even Namco has the ballios for that. Also, that would sadly split up my online group.

Most of Q1 is like that, so .. welp. The week -after- Mass Effect is at least as bad a time to launch imo.

Do they want to launch against For Honor, Nioh, Horizon, Ghost Recon+Nier, Mass Effect, Persona? It's tough either way. But what i think they need most is to stay away from Injustice 2, and not by a week or two but by a large margin. You seriously do not want to compete over casual fightsy game sales with Batman.

GrayFoxPL

Same day as Mass Effect huh? Not sure even Namco has the ballios for that. Also, that would sadly split up my online group.

Well, not really. Just one super nerd who won't shut up about mass effect.

raw

We can do without him, right guys?

Not sure how these two games can compete with one another. Surely you buy ME3 no matter what else is coming out if you want it that bad. Same goes for Tekken.

GrayFoxPL

More chances for a casual player to pick Tekken if there's nothing else.

Yeah, but I assume people are seeking certain kind of thrills and experience while picking a game. When they think: "I wanna fight shit!" they probably won't pick a space opera game over Tekken even if it sits beside it.

But judging by some of the the facepalming threads that read like: "I bought a game, should I play it GAF?!" There really are ppl who brainlessly buy games.

So yeah...

Playsage

Most of Q1 is like that, so .. welp. The week -after- Mass Effect is at least as bad a time to launch imo.

Do they want to launch against For Honor, Nioh, Horizon, Ghost Recon+Nier, Mass Effect, Persona? It's tough either way. But what i think they need most is to stay away from Injustice 2, and not by a week or two but by a large margin. You seriously do not want to compete over casual fightsy game sales with Batman.
To be fair, unless they completely botch their advertisement, Tekken is going to sell more than the bold ones with brand recognisition alone

sasuke_91

Now that I think about it, December 2016 would have been a good month, wouldn't it? Q1 is just so stuffed with big releases that I don't even know where to fit in Tekken.

cordy

Banned
01. Red Dead Redemption 2
02. Yooka-Laylee
06. PaRappa the Rapper Remastered

08. Rime
09. Resident Evil 7

10. Injustice 2
15. Marvel Vs Capcom: Infinite
19. Sonic Mania
26. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

30. Crash Bandicoot Remastered
39. Tekken 7

40. Mass Effect Andromeda
44. God of War 4
50. Mario Switch
61. Spider-Man

63. Destiny 2
67. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

Here's the games I'm definitely getting this year from the other thread, probably some Yakuza's too.

The ones underlined are probably the ones I'll beat story/campaign/main mode and put them down for a bit. The others are more spread out. I'll probably be playing T7 the most overall this year.

Fate/Extella, Nier Automata and Persona 5 for me. Gonna get Gravity Rush 2 too but probably not day one.

Fairly excited about MvC Infinite too, but i want to see how it looks at release. I don't trust Capcom.

I don't get it though why there would be a delay, the game has been out in arcades for God knows how long now, and while I haven't really been keeping up with how Tekken FR has been shaping up over the last few months I don't see why it couldn't come out today let alone not in early 2017 lol. I hope I'm not coming across as irascible but I just want some next-gen' Tekken already!

cordy

Banned
Here's all the games come out this year albeit with some missing ones.
02. Yooka-Laylee
03. Agents of Mayhem
04. Detroit: Become Human
05. Sniper Elite 4
06. PaRappa the Rapper Remastered
07. Outlast 2
08. Rime
09. Resident Evil 7
10. Injustice 2
11. Gravity Rush 2
12. NieR: Automata
13. Nidhogg 2
14. Friday the 13th: The Game
15. Marvel Vs Capcom: Infinite
16. For Honor
17. Polybus
18. Get Even
19. Sonic Mania
20. Horizon: Zero Dawn
21. Sniper Ghost Warrior 3
22. Ghost Recon Wildlands
23. Poochy & Yoshi's Wooly World
24. Little Nightmares
25. Nioh
27. Budget Cuts
28. Tokyo 42
29. Halo Wars 2
31. Strafe
32. Prey
33. Star Trek: Bridge Crew
34. Absolver
35. No No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom
36. Tacoma
37. Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series
38. Sea of Thieves
39. Tekken 7
40. Mass Effect Andromeda
41. Shenmue III
42. Agony
43. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
44. God of War 4
45. Double Dragon 4
46. Crackdown 3
47. South Park: The Fractured But Whole
48. State of Decay 2
49. Knack 2
50. Mario Switch
51. Kingdom Come Deliverance
52. Gwent: The Witcher Card Game
53. Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
54. Ace Combat 7
55. Pyre
56. Cuphead
57. Night in the Woods
58. Star Wars Battlefront 2
59. Persona 5
60. Wipeout: Omega Collection
61. Spider-Man
62. Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue
63. Destiny 2
64. Golem
65. Scalebound
66. Farpoint
67. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
68. Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition
69. Gran Turismo Sport
70. Vampyr
71. Battalion 1944
72. Below
73. Overkill's The Walking Dead

Make your own list of what games to get.

GrayFoxPL

I don't see Berserk on that list, shameful.

Btw every year is the same thing. Bunch of games gets announced for the year. Set for release, but in reality most of them will get hit by delay and some won't even release that year. It's deja vu every time.

Few lucky ones will be dead on release and I hope T7 will be one of them.

sasuke_91

08. Rime
09. Resident Evil 7
11. Gravity Rush 2
12. NieR: Automata
16. For Honor
19. Sonic Mania
20. Horizon: Zero Dawn
25. Nioh
35. No No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom
39. Tekken 7
41. Shenmue III
44. God of War 4
50. Mario Switch
59. Persona 5
60. Wipeout: Omega Collection
61. Spider-Man
62. Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue
69. Gran Turismo Sport

These are the games I'm interested in. Bolded ones are those I'll buy (not Day One), others I just want to play. Waiting for the reveal to see if I throw in that Switch money for Mario and Zelda.
Berserk Musou is missing by the way. Game's shaping up to be interesting for Berserk fans.

Onemic

These are the games I'm interested in. Bolded ones are those I'll buy (not Day One), others I just want to play. Waiting for the reveal to see if I throw in that Switch money for Mario and Zelda.
Berserk Musou is missing by the way. Game's shaping up to be interesting for Berserk fans.

It's a Dynasty Warriors game at the end of the day. We all know how those turn out.

Guess the Round 1 finally opened in town and they got T7 (Not the updated version though). Want to get out there but it happens to be at the one mall that isn't close to a highway(hello 30 something minute drive one way) so visits may be limited.

02. Detroit: Become Human (Maybe will turn into a yes when I find out more and like what I see)
03. PaRappa the Rapper Remastered
04. Resident Evil 7
05. Injustice 2
06. Gravity Rush 2
07. NieR: Automata
08. Marvel Vs Capcom: Infinite
09. Horizon: Zero Dawn
10. Nioh
11. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
12. Crash Bandicoot Remastered
13. No No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom
14. Tekken 7
15. Mass Effect Andromeda (iffy on this and I say that as a fan of the series)
16. Shenmue III
17. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
18. God of War 4
19. Persona 5
20. Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue
21. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
22. Tales of Berseria

I'll be getting Horizon and Tekken 7 immediately.

Top Bottom