• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT3|

joeblow

Any word on how the "change stage" option works after a match e ends? Hopefully it is a rematch variation that loads faster than when you choose to pick new characters as well. One thing about arcade rank death matches that's a bit boring is how they rarely, if ever, change the stage for an hour or two.

CSX

He's baaaaccck

eZb0zDr.gif

halleujah dat easy to connect screw attack right there!

If i had to screw while in stance....

I haven't, thanks for sharing. Hope that offline is more than just arcade or versus in the final build. : /

And yeah the loading times should hopefully get better by the time of release. I wish they were as fast at Tekken 3 loading times, those were the best.

Speaking of Tekken 3, I just watched Kyle Bosman from Easy Allies play through Tekken 3 arcade mode to unlock Tekken Ball. It's from a few months back:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3q5E7RBcj0

It's great to see how much fun he is having playing through the arcade mode with a different character each time. He also explains why he enjoys this game from a casuals perspective. Mostly talking about the characters, the ending cutscenes and modes like Tekken Ball and Tekken Force etc. Chat giving him tips on moves. His hype reactions to some of the iconic moves are so great as well. I especially love the moment where he discovers Paul's death fist for the first time. Definitely watch this guys.

Bonus: Easy Allies Tekken Ball tournament https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOnb83AKsvI

I found my PS1 copy of T3 last year sometime and decided to see how well it plays today. I was surprised at how good it still felt, I still had a lot of fun playing it (T3 Jin is still the best Jin).

Pif

Banned
Is Tekken for 3DS worth it for 5 bucks?

Is the online community still active? Thanks in advance for the answers

joeblow

This is how long it takes to pick a new stage after a match.

https://www.twitch.tv/copenhagenfgc/v/116257505?t=37m58s

Thanks. I looked at two time stamps and based on the Twitch clock, here are the loading times:

<Select Characters>
- Both characters selected ====> Stage select screen = 4 seconds
- Stage selected ====> fade to black for round start = 34 seconds
TOTAL = 38 seconds of loading

<Select New Stage>
- Stage selected ====> fade to black for round start = 30 seconds

So in this build, you save eight seconds by only choosing to change a stage compared to selecting new characters as well. However, we don't know if different stages have different loading times. Not bad, but I hope it's true that they can reduce it even more upon final release.

On a related note, this video clip shows that the PS4 Pro's default HDD can load assets up to 30% faster. Obviously, plugging in an SSD would improve that even more.

While that doesn't make a difference for those of you who will be playing T7 online since you'll still have to wait for your opponent's unit to load the game, it's a nice bonus to have for playing family and friends at home. I eBay'd my launch PS4 to buy a Pro and plugged in my 3-year old 1TB SSD into it, so I'm hoping local load times can get close to 10 seconds with Stage Select with the setup and Namco's additional improvements.

I mean, that's still faster than SFV*

*low bar, I know

Actually, from the second a person hits the final character in Versus, it's about 21 seconds to get into a match offline (but still connected to the internet). Survival mode is another story, though.

I suspect they'll be able to cut it down to about 20 seconds for Tekken, but whatever UE4 is doing to make this shit long for fighting games is killing me.

GrayFoxPL

I don't expect rematches to work too fast in online games. I have no idea if Ranked will have any similarities with Arcade system but there every shit had to be synchronized with the server and reloaded again.

I count on that the fast rematch option will work in online player matches, it'll still have to sync after a win, but I hope it'll be quick.

Btw. Do you guys think they'll do something fresh with online system or just stay with Ranked, Player, Tournament?

Btw. Do you guys think they'll do something fresh with online system or just stay with Ranked, Player, Tournament?

They'd better have region lobbies like BB/GG. They'd better! I'll be really disappointed and pissed if they don't. TTT2 already had a kinda clunky version of them in the 'World Arena' so it'll be really shit if it's gone instead of improved.

On top of that, i can hope for a 3v3 random group mode like KoF14 has. That's really fun.

Edit: Here's the Persona one for reference:

P4U2-Online-Lobby.png

You can walk around with your character and chat and emote if you like, or sit down at one of the cabs. Folks can see your connection to them and a rough indication of your rank even before they sit down opposite you. These kinda lobbies are -really- nice for finding matches even at dead times of day.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I remember your insane post on SDTekken for the "Show us your Tekken" contest.

https://sdtekken.com/sdt/markman/markmans-entry/

You actually sent me one of those E3 2004 Namco press kits with Nina on the cover when I asked nicely. They're so rare I've never seen another one anywhere else (and I've looked!). Mighty kind! <3

That was so long ago! My TEKKEN collection has grown to insane levels since then. I've collected almost everything that was released and amassed a lot of unique stuff that I've yet to capture. I collect too many things (if you follow me on instagram, you'll know).

But yeah. I love TEKKEN. The Namco press kit from 2004 was awesome. I still have a few!

breh how did i not realize that Tekken 5 is BC now? I really should grab a brooks adapter for xbox one

edit: is this the boxart? so badass. might be the best tekken cover IMO

reminds me of
tekken-3-usa.jpg

edit 2: fuck i been out of the loop

vanilla tekken 7 outfits + tekken 5 DR colours are in? hell yeah

Pachimari

I'm glad we have the vanilla outfits and DR colors in there.

And I'm sad that I sold most of my Tekken stuff, including my We Are Tekken special edition of Tag 2. Maybe I still have Tekken 2 and 3 lying around at my parents place but the rest have been sold. All I got now are two cool Banapasses with Tekken 7 art.

Z

ZelbZelb

Unconfirmed Member
Part One and Part Two of my Pre-Release Lee Analysis stream last night. I'm pretty sure ZTS can correct a lot of my obvious mistakes lol

Neat. You seemed pretty steamed that the first hit of Mist Step 3 doesn't launch anymore. Makes me feel like a crappy player since I didn't use that move much, lol. I always went with Violet because of his Cossack Kicks.

Maybe it'll be like a Josie/Bruce situation where folks thought she wasn't as good until they got used to her.

Neat. You seemed pretty steamed that the first hit of Mist Step 3 doesn't launch anymore. Makes me feel like a crappy player since I didn't use that move much, lol. I always went with Violet because of his Cossack Kicks.

Maybe it'll be like a Josie/Bruce situation where folks thought she wasn't as good until they got used to her.

No yeah, I just liked the fact that it was a forward moving low crush and I didn't have to commit to the entire string if anything else. Since Lee's ms3,4 didn't have the same range as Violet's cossack kicks I thought that was one thing going for it.

But in retrospect since it doesn't launch until the second hit, that means less scaling. Idk.

Edit: Is Gamesplanet a trustworthy source?

Top Bottom