• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT3|

Rajang

lupinko

I really can't use Tag 2 to practice at home for FR anymore.

There are just too many changes.

That and I learned how to play Tekken properly starting with 7 first, so it's hard to go back.

lupinko

For example Paul is so much better in FR, and things are a lot more easier to do, he's got even more tools, and so forth.

Losing neutral ouba sucks but he got RD Death Fist as a replacement so eh.

GrayFoxPL

Wow, and I thought I'd be the first to go batshit insane because of Tekken 7.

Stay safe guys.

For example Paul is so much better in FR, and things are a lot more easier to do, he's got even more tools, and so forth.

Losing neutral ouba sucks but he got RD Death Fist as a replacement so eh.

What's neutral ouba? Man, Japanese Tekken lingo must be something else.

Btw. Doesn't lack of refloat oki hurt Paul? Running up to grounded opponent and going for demo man, db+2,or 3,2 was the second nature. What about df+4? It doesn't stun now on ch and I didn't see anyone use it in match videos anymore. Similar with db+2, it was a pickup move in juggles, now It's big uppercut launcher that also flips grounded opponents. Is it really bad on block? Because I also saw people stop using it entirely apart grounded flipping.

sasuke_91

Wow, and I thought I'd be the first to go batshit insane because of Tekken 7.

Stay safe guys.

You seriously think you haven't gone crazy by now?
I got bad news for you man.

I don't know man. I'm really close to just pre-ordering the deluxe for PC and PS4 hoping that somehow the game will come out faster if I do.

Don't be naive, Dereck. This only applies to the Collector's Editions. All three of them.
So yeah, go buy those.

Numb

I don't know man. I'm really close to just pre-ordering the deluxe for PC and PS4 hoping that somehow the game will come out faster if I do.
Just waiting for crossplay confirm to pull the trigger
Otherwise it's console
EU Tekken Gaf, we fighting today?

ill be on in around 30 minutes from this post
If I find the time. I'd love to play some people again though. Even that scrub who was banned for 3 months. Forgot his name. Numbatista?
I love you bro

Fu8KTuE.gif

Numb

Welcome to Tekken
You can practice for years and years and still never be better than a random Korean. Enjoy your stay

how much time do you guys typically put into learning a character?

I typically watch tutorial vid + read top 10 movelist + guides and stuff for a couple hours while having training mode open. Then do refreshers of about an hour the following days so it sticks. Stuff like playing the CPU/getting my combos more consistent etc.

After that i feel okay taking a character online. It will be a blowup but whatever, can't learn by yourself. After and during each online session there's more details to learn every time so i aaaalways have frame data open.

I never really started to take it "seriously" until like ttt2.

Same! Sasuke too i think.

EDIT: I feel like a scrub in comparison to you guys xD

Naah. Your Drag is good. Better than before too. Plus he's top tier in T7 =P

We just have to do this more often.

Top Bottom