• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT3|

GrayFoxPL

Namco Change to release will only be a delay

---

I'm skipping it Gray
Maybe after they release the Komplete version less than a year in

That game will have dead online by then.

I don't find I2 compelling at all but no other fg in sight so eh.

Maybe the For Honor thing instead?

sasuke_91

https://youtu.be/AZXm5pDNsMo

IGN uploaded this today. Interview with Nobi about how he was so obsessed with Tekken he dropped out of school and university.
And I always wondered what it took to become a Tekken pro...
The struggle when you know enough Japanese to know that the subtitles are horrible but not enough to completely ignore them >.<

Are you guys getting InJuiceTease 2?

I'm not getting it. You know i like pretty female characters and NRS games aren't really the best place to look for those. While 2 looks vastly improved over the original in that respect, once i saw Black Canary's animations and some of the other faces i knew i'd better stay away.

Also the gameplay doesn't really do it for me. Too fast and aggressive and 50/50 based. I find NRS games very fun to watch at a high level but i decided i'll just avoid playing them. I do respect NRS a lot though, they always have really interesting ideas in their character toolsets. So i do follow the news.

Anyway, luckily there's a lot of singleplayer games in this first half of the year so that helps. And there's always my backlog and practicing Tekken too. Still need to finish Fate/Extella and i feel like playing a JRPG again some time..

I remember I was into first one for couple weeks (played Flash) and dropped it.

But I gotta kill time somehow so I probably get it. I don't wanna pay full launch price, fuck that.

Nah, I like my Mortal Kombat but I'm not on the Injustice wave and I'm a huge DC fan.

sasuke_91

Maybe the For Honor thing instead?

The Open Beta is running atm if you want to try out the game.

Anyway, luckily there's a lot of singleplayer games in this first half of the year so that helps. And there's always my backlog and practicing Tekken too. Still need to finish Fate/Extella and i feel like playing a JRPG again some time..

Final Fantasy XV is not amazing, but definitely a game worth playing if you need a recommendation.

Numb

Will be getting Nioh soon as early as tomorrow
There are alot of games coming in the future and backlog as well
Covered till T7

GrayFoxPL

I'm not getting it. You know i like pretty female characters and NRS games aren't really the best place to look for those. While 2 looks vastly improved over the original in that respect, once i saw Black Canary's animations and some of the other faces i knew i'd better stay away.

Yeah the faces look freaky. Uncanny valley shit right there.

That Black Canary animations look like they never left prototype stage.

sasuke_91

Will be getting Nioh soon as early as tomorrow
There are alot of games coming in the future and backlog as well
Covered till T7

I still have to play Gravity Rush 2, Kingdom Hearts 2.8, Nioh, maybe Yakuza Zero and Nier:Automata also comes out in a few days...
Gotta watch out for some good prices.
This will be some busy 4 months.

Numb

I still have to play Gravity Rush 2, Kingdom Hearts 2.8, Nioh, maybe Yakuza Zero and Nier:Automata also comes out in a few days...
Gotta watch out for some good prices.
This will be some busy 4 months.
Damn almost forgot bout Nier 2 and Gravity
Too many games and no time

Final Fantasy XV is not amazing, but definitely a game worth playing if you need a recommendation.

Yeah, i plan to get it when it's discounted a bit more. Seems like a game where i'd get caught up hating the bad parts if i bought it full price, but could definitely enjoy the good parts if i get it cheap enough. There's some content patches coming too iirc.

But for now i think i'll play either Tales of Zestiria or World of FF, since those are still in my backlog.

Gambit61

I remember I was into first one for couple weeks (played Flash) and dropped it.

But I gotta kill time somehow so I probably get it. I don't wanna pay full launch price, fuck that.

Sick, me too. I have a copy pre-ordered but I'm not sure I'll actually get it.

GrayFoxPL

Sorry for PS3 death to Sasuke, Rocker but I'm pretty sure those connection errors later weren't coming from me, only PS3 was connected to the net.

Sasuke must've went on downloading those hardcore hentais again.

jT5Hm4C.jpg

GrayFoxPL

I have Tales of Xillia sitting untouched on PS3 but I want to finish Tales of Graces F first.

Namco really sitting on those Tales, popping sequels left and right.

sasuke_91

Sorry for PS3 death to Sasuke, Rocker but I'm pretty sure those connection errors later weren't coming from me, only PS3 was connected to the net.

Sasuke must've went on downloading those hardcore hentais again.

jT5Hm4C.jpg

I don't know what happened, but after your PS3 died I got downgraded. I managed to break every throw and was baiting whiffs like a pro and suddenly all that is lost. You must have done something.
I watched some of your matches with my brother. Those were some interesting fights. GGs from him. He did some crazy stuff with Jin that I'd be never able to do.

Yo, the hardcore hentais should have been no issue with my 120k connection. Might have been downloading a little too many (&#65507;&#9661;&#65507;*)&#12446;
---
Wait what?

I have Tales of Xillia sitting untouched on PS3 but I want to finish Tales of Graces F first.

Namco really sitting on those Tales, popping sequels left and right.

I played Tales of Xillia a few years ago. It was okay but nothing special. I hear that the sequel is a lot better but I haven't found the time or motivation to play it. Haven't played any other Tales of game.

Sayah

I've forgotten that your psn name differed from your gafname so when I saw you playing, I had to search neogaf before I made the connection. Not sure if you're playing in a party but maybe next time you're playing, I'll ask if I can join you?

Sure. I'm usually always multitasking with the game on in the background. If I don't see/reply to your message to play some games because of that, let's schedule a time.

GrayFoxPL

I don't know what happened, but after your PS3 died I got downgraded. I managed to break every throw and was baiting whiffs like a pro and suddenly all that is lost. You must have done something.
I watched some of your matches with my brother. Those were some interesting fights. GGs from him. He did some crazy stuff with Jin that I'd be never able to do.

I have mastered the power to make people play shitier then they ever did before.

RNpIYct.gif

Yo, the hardcore hentais should have been no issue with my 120k connection. Might have been downloading a little too many (&#65507;&#9661;&#65507;*)&#12446;
---
Wait what?

BK2gMcx.gif

DP but decent time has passed..

So with Netherrealm having DC and Cacpcom having Marvel, is there some third-party IP that Namco could get that'd sell as well as those (the Marvel games sell well, right?)? Of course they recently had Pokken but I'm talking multiplat and possibly more mainstream.

What would you want? What'd be realistic?

I'd slay for an 80's toon fighter. Maybe by the SoulCalibur team? Thundercats, He-Man, Ninja Turtles etc.

Though this is highly unrealistic with the different licences involved...

So with Netherrealm having DC and Cacpcom having Marvel, is there some third-party IP that Namco could get that'd sell as well as those (the Marvel games sell well, right?)? Of course they recently had Pokken but I'm talking multiplat and possibly more mainstream.

I'd slay for an 80's toon fighter. Maybe by the SoulCalibur team? Thundercats, He-Man, Ninja Turtles etc.

They have Naruto and One Piece.

AAK

Just turned 7, and kid number 2 is about to turn 2 in a couple weeks. I get taking a break because of disappointment in Tekken, hell I've done it myself. Both from posting here and from actually playing. But FR brought my spirits up and so has the release date. I likely still won't be at a competitive level, but I'm looking forward to playing with the folks here and I hope that includes you.

Wow man Congrats to you and your family on Kid #2! And man, your eldest is now the same age I was when I first played Tekken 2. To think the first time we played Tekken 6 together he was just a newborn. I'll for sure be online once the game eventually comes out. I'm just gonna try to avoid talking or thinking about anything Namco until then :p. Congrats again!

Pachimari

Oh... meh.

Well something new and more in the spotlight like Marvel and DC. I know my example doesn't necessarily work but if by a Tekken or SoulCalibur team with a budget, it'd draw some attention I'm sure.

Edit: Jurassic Park/World. The modern day Warpath/Primal Rage we all need!
There isn't any license out there they could get with the same brand awareness as DC and Marvel. Those two are huge. I would say they are already doing the second best with Dragon Ball, One Piece and Naruto.

the commentary at 9:21 makes it seem that the kazuya player who did that sick death combo was Zekusu. Makes sense since he's been playing Tekken since the dawn of time lol

Yeah, it's Zekusu. He wins the whole thing too. At the end he says he played T1 when he was in grade/middle school, ha ha.

GrayFoxPL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP0RYyFo9mA

Mikado arcade had a Tekken 1 tourney. It's pretty funny.

(The commentary @9:21. xD )

Haha, I was going to post this. Too good! Too good!

8 Vampire Knees?!

Hvcfsrv.gif

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Played bit of old Injustice. Damn I forgot how perfect are controls in this, much better then MKX where I must reconfig buttons for every character because nothing fits right. Too many buttons and actions required.

And that story mode, holy shit the amount and quality of motion capture is insane, even more than in MK9, MKX was just short pos in comparison.

GrayFoxPL

Its a 5 button game though......

1 too many. I can't push x to triangle fast enough so if combo is 2,3,2 I'm fucked and I gotta reconfigure it and when I do some of the actions like the shitty interactables become impossible to push. Trying to config everything so all actions and combos are available is a headache and huge waste of time.

Every other 4 button fighter like SNK stuff or Tekken I config 2 or HP onto R1 for easier combinations. In MK I can't because of block being EX button function. So yeah everything is fucked up and pain in the ass to manage after a while especially wanting to play 3-4 characters. Injustice having only 3 attack buttons has none of the problems.

This is obviously my personal matter but it's how it is.

Best Fighters - 3, 4 buttons.

Capcom plz stop.

1 too many. I can't push x to triangle fast enough so if combo is 2,3,2 I'm fucked and I gotta reconfigure it and when I do some of the actions like the shitty interactables become impossible to push. Trying to config everything so all actions and combos are available is a headache and huge waste of time.

Every other 4 button fighter like SNK stuff or Tekken I config 2 or HP onto R1 for easier combinations. In MK I can't because of block being EX button function. So yeah everything is fucked up and pain in the ass to manage after a while especially wanting to play 3-4 characters. Injustice having only 3 attack buttons has none of the problems.

This is obviously my personal matter but it's how it is.

Best Fighters - 3, 4 buttons.

Capcom plz stop.

That's weird considering you can macro the game from hell and back but its understandable.

You play KOF?

GrayFoxPL

That's weird considering you can macro the game from hell and back but its understandable.

You play KOF?

I can't use L1 and L2 buttons in fighting games it's about how cramped and barely moving my fingers are at this point. It's complicated.

Always loved KOF but I get destroyed like a chump, lol.

GrayFoxPL

KOF doesn't like getting two timed
Drop Tekken and take full responsibility

Oh no I still love my old lady(or guy?) even if she became kinda trampy, gained weight and and does nothing but snort coke old day and scream at neighbor's cat.

sasuke_91

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP0RYyFo9mA

Mikado arcade had a Tekken 1 tourney. It's pretty funny.

(The commentary @9:21. xD )

I love how T1+2 were all about spacing. That commentary was gold.

KOF doesn't like getting two timed
Drop Tekken and take full responsibility

People told me that KoF is the most 2D Tekken you can find. Never played it though except for the demo for KoF XIV.

By the way, have you seen The Blacks? Seems like he vanished like Numbatista did back then.
Next time you change your name and avatar I probably won't recognize you :p

Numb

Oh no I still love my old lady(or guy?) even if she became kinda trampy, gained weight and and does nothing but snort coke old day and scream at neighbor's cat.

Damn!

I think my Tekken friend cracked why i know many characters with Mokujin

NonTekkenplaying friend: I can understand Numb knowing old characters but how does he pick up new ones so quick

TekkenPlayingFriend: Us Tekken fans must watch Tekken vids for atleast 2 yrs before being allowed to play. I think that is the answer.
heh.png

Me:
a55.png
I love how T1+2 were all about spacing. That commentary was gold.

People told me that KoF is the most 2D Tekken you can find. Never played it though except for the demo for KoF XIV.

By the way, have you seen The Blacks? Seems like he vanished like Numbatista did back then.
Don't make fun of my names
So quick to forget what went down last time you did huh..

GrayFoxPL

He's like Yoshimitsu - different body every week.

"I'll go with hentai tentacle monster today!"

Top Bottom