• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT3|

GrayFoxPL

I never really started to take it "seriously" until like ttt2.

EDIT: I feel like a scrub in comparison to you guys xD

Focus on the moveset. Drag is a very good character. If you stay with him, play other Drag players and steal tech from them.

There are also setups and quirks every player uses. Eg. what Drag players tend to do:

b+4,2,1 is a highly abusive string that is plus on block on last hit. If someone isn't aware you can just spam it for cheap kill. If Drag player notices opponent is ducking the last hit he stops at b+4,2 and goes for b+4,3 or df+2 or low crush like uf+4.

Another common thing is again stopping Drag's 3 hit strings at 2 and going for d+2. Like you don't want to do 3,1,2 the last hit is punishable, but 3,1 is safe so instead go for d+2 after 3,1. d+2 is one of those annoying moves that doesn't do a lot of damage but can chip away a third of health bar during a round. Annoying opponent is the key. Things like 1, pause, 1, df+1, d+2 is a common practice and no one want to get hit by big launchers so they let their life get chipped away.

Corner a dude and go for b+1+2, it's plus on block so if he even thinks about pushing buttons b+4,3 will kill him and wall stun for heavy combo. If he stays blocking go for throws or another b+1+2. Common setup. b+1+2 into stomp itself does a very beefy damage. It's a terrifying move that leaves opponent at Dragunov's mercy. You can basically just guess or hope a trade will push Drag away from you. I shit my pants every time Drag goes into b+1+2 setups.

uf+4 it's not a hopkick but crushes better then most hopkicks and it's safe. Use it a lot, eg. when opponent's likes to get up with kicks. d+4,1,4 should always be guaranteed on hit.

It's stuff like that. It's just a small part taken from observation players who owned me with Drag.

If you want to get good, get beaten to a pulp by other players, then rub your hands while doing the evil laugh because you gonna steal their shit and use it yourself!

sasuke_91

Good games guys! That was fun. We should play more often.

how much time do
you guys typically put into learning a character?

I go through their movelist to get a basic feel of the moves in general. There's a lot you see in matches and you're like "oh that's how you do this" for sure.
After that I watch some tutorials and study their top 10 moves and combos.
After that I play the character and realize I learned nothing.

I never really started to take it "seriously" until like ttt2.

EDIT: I feel like a scrub in comparison to you guys xD

Same here. I started taking this game seriously somewhere in 2014. My connection had some issues back then and there were other games I preferred playing, so I didn't really get serious until somewhere in May/June 2014.
When I joined TekkenGAF I was pretty confused. "Why are these guys throwing around with numbers? Are they serious?". That was my first reaction :p

GrayFoxPL

mNSbg2X.jpg

Sorry, I had to.

Dead @ Armor King.

XD

That's a shit tonne of information to take in, ill put the practice in this weekend.

Thanks for the tips, I should have joined Tekken gaf earlier.

Been playing drag for years and still feel like it's only the tip of the iceberg.

Oh and Numb I'm pretty sure you got pay back ten fold xD

Saw Sayah playing last night but I got my ass handed to me in Dark Souls 2 instead. Fuck that ancient dragon.

Which reminds me, where is everyone? AAK, Death, Sayah etc. Haven't seen them post in a while.

Numb

Sorry couldn't play today guys
Next time
--

Sasuke i was messing. I wouldn't hate your Hwo if he wasn't good

GrayFoxPL

Ggs Sasuke, Squirrel (and Genki).

Sasuke you were dead that time when my console suicided and you know it :p.

You see what I'm dealing with here? Every fight I'm worried that it dies mid match totally ruining my concentration.

sasuke_91

Which reminds me, where is everyone? AAK, Death, Sayah etc. Haven't seen them post in a while.

They seem to have lost the waiting game. Maybe it just turned into disinterest. Got quite a few friends who completely dropped Tekken because of how long T7 took to release.

ggs guys.

Sorry for not playing too great today.

GGs! I can't really tell when you're playing great because I ALWAYS lose to Raven xD

Ggs Sasuke, Squirrel (and Genki).

Sasuke you were dead that time when my console suicided and you know it :p.

You see what I'm dealing with here? Every fight I'm worried that it dies mid match totally ruining my concentration.

GGs!

Your console died because it knew I'd be awakened next round and completely destroy everyone and everything :p
But damn, those random suicide must be annoying as hell. I hope your PS3 survives these next 4 months.

Sorry couldn't play today guys
Next time
--

Sasuke i was messing. I wouldn't hate your Hwo if he wasn't good

Looking forward to it.

And bro, I'm not that sensitive and can take jokes, but thanks anyway :p
And yeah, very good use of that Pinocchiojin xD

GGs! I can't really tell when you're playing great because I ALWAYS lose to Raven xD

Oh, i did quite well against you and Genki at the start i think. If i can take some wins i'm pretty happy.

But Grayfox like 20-0'd me afterward so...

I do think Raven is a pretty good pick for me. Mobile and pokey and obnoxious.

GrayFoxPL

GGs!

Your console died because it knew I'd be awakened next round and completely destroy everyone and everything :p
But damn, those random suicide must be annoying as hell. I hope your PS3 survives these next 4 months.

It's gonna be tough. I have a cooling pad and a fan blowing right on PS3 vents with such power the whole damn room is cold as hell. It still dies. What's next, put it in a freezer?

I have a feeling this isn't overheating issue but some kind of short circuit Tag2 causes. It always dies on a intense moment like mid combo or during a trade. I've read on the net only few games cause PS3 to turn off - Tag2, some Call of Duty game and Fifa something I think.

I'm terrified during matches because every second I think: "Is it now?! Is it going to blow up now or 2 second later?!"

Oh, i did quite well against you and Genki at the start i think. If i can take some wins i'm pretty happy.

What, no, you destroyed my Law easily 6 times and the rest was pretty close. I can get you because I know you rarely block low that's how I get most damage on you.
Your Lili is trouble.

You can get more combos from your hits with Raven. Eg. ch 4,1 goes into 2,1, b+4,4 for bound (I gotta check that but one combo bounds for sure), the f+3+4 into b+4,4 bounds also.
When you go backturned you often go for low high or high strings, that's why I always duck. Go for BT 1+2 or f+3 to stop people from ducking. From distance BT 3,4,4 and f+3+4 or ff+3+4 is also good, last one is a low launcher.

Numb

Probably don't wanna murk up the thread with negativity following the release date and such or busy. Either way its for the best.
Really can't blame them
Things should lighten now that we have solid release tho

Looking forward to it.

And bro, I'm not that sensitive and can take jokes, but thanks anyway :p
And yeah, very good use of that Pinocchiojin xD
My play got worse so i am compensating by talking lots of shit from now on

2034876556-2PAC.gif

Said so proudly...
It's gonna be tough. I have a cooling pad and a fan blowing right on PS3 vents with such power the whole damn room is cold as hell. It still dies. What's next, put it in a freezer?

I have a feeling this isn't overheating issue but some kind of short circuit Tag2 causes. It always dies on a intense moment like mid combo or during a trade. I've read on the net only few games cause PS3 to turn off - Tag2, some Call of Duty game and Fifa something I think.

I'm terrified during matches because every second I think: "Is it now?! Is it going to blow up now or 2 second later?!"
Gray playing footsies with y'all and also his PS3 lol

Sayah

Saw Sayah playing last night but I got my ass handed to me in Dark Souls 2 instead. Fuck that ancient dragon.

I still read this thread and post here and there but Sasuke/SquirrelSoup/MikeBreezy are all correct. My most anticipated fighting game this year is MvC:Infinite and I hope VF, DoA, and SC all get their sixth sequels soon.

Numb

sasuke_91

Look at everyone Sasuke uses be in SS or S. Tier whoring?
I was going to pick up Shaheen, but yo, ain't no filthy A tier get into my team. I only play top tier shit.
*drops Jin*

I didn't know Ling and Leo were that good? You guys think there's going to be some balance changes before the console release?
Mishimas not being SS tier is something I like, but there's going to be a lot of whining because of Xiaoyu. In the past you could at least say she's only mid tier.

LowParry

Mishimas not being SS tier is something I like, but there's going to be a lot of whining because of Xiaoyu. In the past you could at least say she's only mid tier.

Doubt it. Let her be top for once. No need to nerf. Let alone people have a hard time learning her.

lupinko

I was going to pick up Shaheen, but yo, ain't no filthy A tier get into my team. I only play top tier shit.
*drops Jin*

I didn't know Ling and Leo were that good? You guys think there's going to be some balance changes before the console release?

They will keep balancing this game over and over, Tekken 7 vanilla and FR are both esports in Korea and they've been trying to do the same here in Japan.

Also the tiers are somewhat different depending on who you ask. For example, Knee thinks Akuma is terrible now and as you can see from that twenty player poll, not that terrible.

Akuma is a wildcard because he still has instant death combos with FADC but he lost so many tools (such as demon flip shenanigans) in all the patches since launch FR.

And Devil Jin is SS in that list, so I don't get where you say no Mishimas in SS. Lol

sasuke_91

Doubt it. Let her be top for once. No need to nerf. Let alone people have a hard time learning her.

Oh I have nothing against top tier Xiaoyu. Tier lists are interesting, but they don't really matter to me. I would play Xiaoyu even if she was C tier.

And Devil Jin is SS in that list, so I don't get where you say no Mishimas in SS. Lol

Oops you're right. Still refreshing to see only one Mishima in the highest tier :p

Numb

*drops Jin*

Yeah I was shocked about Leo too
So high up from what I had in mind
Ling has been on a high before tho
Lizards have no shame

MikeBreezy is right.

Nice to see you are doing well Moonsault! It's been a while. How old is your kid now?
Just turned 7, and kid number 2 is about to turn 2 in a couple weeks. I get taking a break because of disappointment in Tekken, hell I've done it myself. Both from posting here and from actually playing. But FR brought my spirits up and so has the release date. I likely still won't be at a competitive level, but I'm looking forward to playing with the folks here and I hope that includes you.

I still read this thread and post here and there but Sasuke/SquirrelSoup/MikeBreezy are all correct. My most anticipated fighting game this year is MvC:Infinite and I hope VF, DoA, and SC all get their sixth sequels soon.
I've forgotten that your psn name differed from your gafname so when I saw you playing, I had to search neogaf before I made the connection. Not sure if you're playing in a party but maybe next time you're playing, I'll ask if I can join you?

sasuke_91

Yeah I was shocked about Leo too
So high up from what I had in mind
Ling has been on a high before tho

Yeah but hasn't she been A tier or something? But yeah, she's pretty beast in T7.

Lizards have no shame
There can be no shame where there is no heart 😂

I finally finished writing down some impressions for The Last Guardian. Nobody will read that shit unless I do some shameless self-advertising :p
You can read it here

GrayFoxPL

I'm not ashamed to admit i like things that are a pain in the ass to deal with~

Edit: This is interesting: http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/ne...ibution-ver-h-tier-list-from-20-japanese.html

e8JjR7J.gif

Lol Eleonore, calm the fuck down gurl.

sN39ty8.gif

Kaz, Paul and Steve on the same level makes me happy. 3 Hombres muchachos!

Alisa got buffed, that's fucked up and disgusting.

I'm looking forward to use b-tier Larsus, I was waiting for this.

Fuck Bob.

This list will be obsolete anyway once True SSS+++ tier hits T7.

eroWRLs.gif

LowParry

Nioh is like crack.

And I wanted to practice Tekken again, loool not happening any time soon.

In the same boat. Playing that new Tales game right now and Zelda is right about the corner. Then Mass Effect. Then (maybe) Horizon. Then Persona 5. I'll be lucky to get any Tekken time before June.

GrayFoxPL

Are you guys getting InJuiceTease 2?

I remember I was into first one for couple weeks (played Flash) and dropped it.

But I gotta kill time somehow so I probably get it. I don't wanna pay full launch price, fuck that.

Numb

Namco Change to release will only be a delay

---

I'm skipping it Gray
Maybe after they release the Komplete version less than a year in

Top Bottom