• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Revolution |OT| You can now really #BUFFLARS

hum the king players that are lurking at high level are pretty good .

I'm never disapointed when i battle against them.

And i think i'm devellopping ANTI -KAZUYA reflexes it seems that as soon as i'm in a certain range , a laser is sure to happen ... right now it seems that i'm predicting the lasers before they even think about them.

Manbig

Welp, Pugilist rank achieved. I've gotta say, Alisa with 150+ power is one of the most obnoxious things to deal with. Even worse than Paul, because at least you can kill him for blocking his high damage stuff.

Working on some more advanced stuff for Lili now. db4 df2 1,2 qcf1,2 does like 74 damage on average depending on how many of the moves crit which is pretty good I guess?

Did 3+4 get nerfed to high hell? Feels like it had way better juggle opportunities back in T5DR when I last seriously tried to play.

Also what's the best way of identifying King's chain grabs asides from mashing one of he three breaks and praying you got it right?

Doomshine

Also what's the best way of identifying King's chain grabs asides from mashing one of he three breaks and praying you got it right?

After the initial throw it's usually 2-way guess. A lot of people go for the pretty obvious 1+2 grabs after a crouch dash so you can usually anticipate those.

braves01

Banned
Demoted by an upload error before the match even started. Fuuuu...

Luckily I went on a streak after that using my tickets and beat a really scrub Lilli Brawler to get promoted again :)

I haven't touched this game in like a week but I went on today for a little bit and the first player I run into is a Law that fell for Lili's df4,4 the entire match. I then noticed I recieved a message from this player containing the word "cheap". I mean seriously what is the secret to getting good hatemail? No matter what I do I never get any. Even when I used to troll noobs in BlazBlue(please don't judge me, I am ashamed of myself) all day I never got any. What gives?

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
The only message I got from this game that didn't say good game or something similar was "Juggle much?"

Welcome to Tekken =P

Manbig

I haven't touched this game in like a week but I went on today for a little bit and the first player I run into is a Law that fell for Lili's df4,4 the entire match. I then noticed I recieved a message from this player containing the word "cheap". I mean seriously what is the secret to getting good hatemail? No matter what I do I never get any. Even when I used to troll noobs in BlazBlue(please don't judge me, I am ashamed of myself) all day I never got any. What gives?

Throw more.

from Harada's Facebook post:

Congratulations!
 We've surpassed 1,000,000 downloads!

As a token of our appreciation,
 we're holding a special event.

--DATE(S) OF EVENT--
 UTC
 7/2(TUE)0:00 ~ 7/8(MON)23:59

PDT
 7/1(MON)17:00 ~ 7/8(MON)16:59

--EVENT DETAILS--
- 1,000,000 G!
 1,000,000 G for all who login
 during the event!

- Lots of Gift Points!
 Earn 5 times the Gift Points
 when using Premium Coins and
 Tickets during Ranked Matches
 and Player Matches.

- Fight Money
 Earn 1.5 times the usual amount
 of fight money during the
 campaign!

- Experience Points
 Earn 1.5 times the usual amount
 of Experience Points during the
 campaign!

Major update coming soon!

■New characters added! Get
 ready to fight!

The following characters have
 been added:

- Jin Kazama
- Ling Xiaoyu

Collect Gift Points to unlock
 them!

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I'm absolutely sick of fighting against Law online. Seriously 7 times out of 10, it's a Law player. I knew he was popular, but I didn't know it was like this. Most of them aren't even that great, gives me Ken flashblacks from Super Street Fighter IV. It's lonely out here for an Asuka player.

I'm absolutely sick of fighting against Law online. Seriously 7 times out of 10, it's a Law player. I knew he was popular, but I didn't know it was like this. Most of them aren't even that great, gives me Ken flashblacks from Super Street Fighter IV. It's lonely out here for an Asuka player.

well the game is missing Hwoarang and Eddy which would fill out the rest of the general online populace :D

well the game is missing Hwoarang and Eddy which would fill out the rest of the general online populace :D

Yeah, that is the truth heh. I do not fight too many Eddy's thankfully, but Hwoarangs are probably my most fought character in TTT2 and he is not fun to fight against because he can be so confusing at times. Also, most of my friends main him also. Besides, Hwoarang, I think they certainly picked the most popular characters in for TR. I mostly fight Kazuyas and Laws. If they added Hwoarang to TR, I think he could overthrow Law and Kazuya for the most popular character. Eddy could also be a nightmare in TR with the high damage and invincible moves in this game.

I feel the same.

Sometimes i want to do a quick tekken , and then i get :

LAW , KAZUYA , LAW , KAZUYA , LAW.

Painfull.

Sometimes i find a KINg player ( almost always fun to play against , unless it's the 10% of king player that abuse that low kick )

sunnz

How do I unlock Bryan?

He was my go to fighter during Tekken 5, loved playing as him ( learnt his 25 hit combo too, which for me is a big deal as I am not really a fighting game fan)

How do you unlock characters? I am accumulating gift points by playing, but is it just random or does something else trigger unlocks. I do not have Leo, Jin or Xiayou yet and I have a good amount of gift points and playtime I think.

You unlock characters at certain gift point thresholds; the first two are at about 300 and 7,000, then the rest are at every 30,000. It sucks. Which character you unlock is always random.

TheWriter

Got Xiao at 90k by luck, so Jin will be 120k. If this goes on, people who didn't start playing three weeks ago will never get their favorite characters when those are added ... unless you can buy them for money later.

Okay, so I got super lucky and Jin was unlocked for me :DDD

His Down+1 is beast with the invincibility frames. Also d,d/f+1 is invincible as well as Devil's Paw F, F-2.

Went on a little 13 game win streak to welcome Jin to the party.

Koi!

joeblow

Only Jin's d+1 is invincible.

CD+1, CD+2, CD+4 and f,f+2 merely have a chance at delivering critical damage. The more points you put into the crit art, the higher chance you'll get bigger damage from those four moves.

Just keep playing and collecting those Gift Points. Characters unlock at certain point intervals, the most painful ones being 30 000 and 60 000 points.

The character you get is random.

You unlock characters at certain gift point thresholds; the first two are at about 300 and 7,000, then the rest are at every 30,000. It sucks. Which character you unlock is always random.

Ok, thanks. I haven't been playing this like I used to, but I think I must be near 60.000 points by now.

Hyun Sai

I really want to try the gameplay of this, but none of my prefered characters are there. No Lee, no Wang, no Baek, no Michelle.

Too bad, especially when I already got TTT2.

Is it possible to play private matches on this or should me and my friends just play our copies of Tekken 6 for the first time in years?

Is it possible to play private matches on this or should me and my friends just play our copies of Tekken 6 for the first time in years?

yeah its the same as Tekken 6/TAG2, you can create a private room and send out invites. But all players need coins to play so its usually over after 5 fights :D

Manbig

Only Jin's d+1 is invincible.

CD+1, CD+2, CD+4 and f,f+2 merely have a chance at delivering critical damage. The more points you put into the crit art, the higher chance you'll get bigger damage from those four moves.

Did they speed up d+1 any? That move is pretty damn slow.

Nezzhil

This is my first contact with the saga :)

I played the arcade mode with King (losing against the forth rival) and Asuka (winning the arcade mode) and rising my rank to level 2.
Happy with the results, I tried the online mode playing a ranked match with King (without any upgrade) vs a Jack-6's player on level 25 (this matchmaking is normal?). I lose the first round, but then I won the next three rounds!
And it's true that the Jack's player was very defensive (waiting for me to approach him) and spam a lot the same punch attacks, but this is my first Tekken experience, so I think that I have some merit, haha.

When I have more free time I will play some more games, and if I like it, I'm sure that I will buy TT2 soon :)

Top Bottom