• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Revolution |OT| You can now really #BUFFLARS

RM8

This looks nice and feels smooth, but I'm honestly turned off by its F2P-ness and I don't think I'll play it a lot. It doesn't help that my mains aren't here :(

kick51

Banned
Tekken: Trollvelution

If I destroy someone the first round, then they get hit by a special at the opening of the 2nd round, they're getting specials the rest of the match lol

I'm not good, but I can't resist the urge to troll in this game, knowing that precious premium tix are at stake.

I feel like I'm becoming a bit of a ticket hoarder in this game, I just can't make myself to use them anymore. They're just sitting there on the menus, collecting digital dust. I think something's wrong with me.

I feel like I'm becoming a bit of a ticket hoarder in this game, I just can't make myself to use them anymore. They're just sitting there on the menus, collecting digital dust. I think something's wrong with me.

I don't really use the tickets either; I'm sitting on 11 right now. The five coins are enough for me, then I usually just edit, render and upload those five matches while waiting for the coins to refill.

K.Sabot

Lars is so braindead, I want to slap everyone who plays him.

Also connections have gotten worse as the days have gone by.

baphomet

Is there a reason why every time I boot this up I get an error and get a free premium ticket from some error message? I did it like 8 times in a row just for the hell of it and it works every single time.

DRG

Neo Member
I'm wondering how much cash some of these people online have already dropped on this game. I fought this one person online who had like half their power bar filled up and killed me in like 3 hits by using some special attack with Kazuya. He also was a crazy high level already too.

I'm wondering how much cash some of these people online have already dropped on this game. I fought this one person online who had like half their power bar filled up and killed me in like 3 hits by using some special attack with Kazuya. He also was a crazy high level already too.

You can't buy power in this game. The only thing you can buy are tickets to play.

But yeah, the power ups is a bad design choice and a gimmick that doesn't suite Tekken at all.

You can't buy power in this game. The only thing you can buy are tickets to play.

But yeah, the power ups is a bad design choice and a gimmick that doesn't suite Tekken at all.

You could argue that buying more tickets to play does let you power up faster though, since the more you play the more money and skill points you earn. Still, it would only be a temporary boost as everyone will catch up eventually.

TheWriter

Well you kinda can buy power. Even if you lose matches, your experience and gold will go up meaning that the more the player fights, the more powerful his characters get, even if the player sucks. So even if you just buy a batch of 30 premium tickets and lose 30 times, you're probably still able to invest 10-15 more points into strength or whatever. This won't help against good players, but for the majority of the current online community, it should be enough.

Meanwhile, I'm dragging my Alisa through lots and lots of losses. But it's fun and easier to get the hang of than TTT2, which I play on the side.

casabolg

Banned
The tickets to play is a very smart way to make me long to spend money, I'll give them that.
I haven't played Tekken in years and Asuka definitely feels very welcome to me. I'm very impressed by it.

DEATH™

Well you kinda can buy power. Even if you lose matches, your experience and gold will go up meaning that the more the player fights, the more powerful his characters get, even if the player sucks. So even if you just buy a batch of 30 premium tickets and lose 30 times, you're probably still able to invest 10-15 more points into strength or whatever. This won't help against good players, but for the majority of the current online community, it should be enough.

Meanwhile, I'm dragging my Alisa through lots and lots of losses. But it's fun and easier to get the hang of than TTT2, which I play on the side.

NOOOO!!

TR is supposed to the the side game...

You could argue that buying more tickets to play does let you power up faster though, since the more you play the more money and skill points you earn. Still, it would only be a temporary boost as everyone will catch up eventually.

Yep. And the fix for that is dropping the skill points system altogether.

I'm experimenting on Kaz, trying to invest all my skill points on Vigor and see the outcome of it. He now have 24 points and can deal up to 70+ damage doing triple EWGF.

http://tekken-revolution.bngames.net/news/

最高段位(キャップ)の更新につきまして

平素は「鉄拳レボリューション」をご利用いただき、誠にありがとうございます。

この度「鉄拳レボリューション」内の最高段位(キャップ)につきまして
下記の通り変更させていただきましたのでお知らせいたします。

・新しい最高段位
「闘拳」(15段)

引き続き「鉄拳レボリューション」をよろしくお願いいたします。

It says that they just raised the dans ranks. The next highest rank players can now get is.....

touken_b_foreign.png

wifininja

Neo Member
Been playing with Lars with some success and I like the whole coin thing due to it being like an arcade so you have that drive to do better.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

I honestly think this may be too little, too late in getting newer players. But who knows, maybe it'll be a good thing.

As it is, got my 10 login trophy today. 100% complete. *deletes the game*

Until they allow longer online sessions the game is a "failure" to me. That or have an offline mode where you can play it longer. I'm thinking they're just going to add training and still have it be "always-on"/online-only which kinda breaks the point of training mode and fighters.

Ah getting up in the ranks make me encounter player that aren't spamming the same moves over and over and are playing smart .

It's a freaking pleasure to see less of the spamming idiots .

Doomshine

I honestly think this may be too little, too late in getting newer players. But who knows, maybe it'll be a good thing.

As it is, got my 10 login trophy today. 100% complete. *deletes the game*

Until they allow longer online sessions the game is a "failure" to me. That or have an offline mode where you can play it longer. I'm thinking they're just going to add training and still have it be "always-on"/online-only which kinda breaks the point of training mode and fighters.
Would you pay for that?

Siegmeyer

Nice, this'll make it much easier to learn some new characters. I haven't played any serious Tekken since T2 in PS1 days, and right now I'm just falling back on the familiar Kazuya for the 4 or 5 free matches I can get in before running out of tickets/coins.

This isn't the greatest F2P model in the world, but it's a great 'spare 15 mins game' and is seriously tempting me to get TT2, which I had little interest a couple of weeks ago.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/348465450268643328[/tweet]

Anyone remember that one time Harada said they'll put Unknown in TTT2 If the pre-orders of TTT2 were high enough before that game's release?

Hope the connection holds up good on the vita.

Moofers

https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/348465450268643328

Anyone remember that one time Harada said they'll put Unknown in TTT2 If the pre-orders of TTT2 were high enough before that game's release?

Hope the connection holds up good on the vita.

Well shit, now I have to beg my friends to download this. I don't really dig on it so far. I like the char select music, but otherwise I think TTT2 is loads better and I don't have to mess with any of the F2P b.s. in that game. Plus I get costumes and stuff.

But I want Tekken to come to Vita, so I guess I'll beg friends for downloads.

Dachande

Does anyone know what characters are hidden to unlock, and how that works? So far I've got Bryan, Leo and Steve. Is it time-based, or dependant on the amount of matches you play, or something?

I'm happy Lili was one of the initial selections, but I'd love to play using Dragunov sometime.

Does anyone know what characters are hidden to unlock, and how that works? So far I've got Bryan, Leo and Steve. Is it time-based, or dependant on the amount of matches you play, or something?

I'm happy Lili was one of the initial selections, but I'd love to play using Dragunov sometime.

Gift points. I think it goes 1500, 7000, 30000, then 60000 to unlock everyone (so far). Leo, Alisa, Bryan and Steve are the unlockables, and they are randomly picked.

synce

Bamco really screwed up with the unlock system in this game. I wasn't even using up all 5 of my coins until I got lucky and unlocked Alisa as my first characte. She's pretty much the only character I like in this game since there's no Kuni or Jun (fuck Asuka)

Anyway now I'm hooked, but my point is CHARACTER UNLOCKS SUCK. Especially random ones, WTF?

Man, once you get into the higher ranks...

naEhRdK.jpg

Yeah it's ridiculous, although I run into a lot of Lars players as well. At least it's not as bad as DOA5 has been the past few days. I'm not one to complain about which character someone uses but when 9/10 matches are against Kasumi it gets a little eye roll worthy.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Would you pay for that?

No. But on the other hand 5 rounds that last five minutes and then take 2-3 hours to regen doesn't help foster a community. Giving people player matches to play in with bonuses/unlocks in ranked or something would solve the issue I have. As it is it's a 15-30 min burst of gaming and then going to play something else for hours because they don't kneecap you to attempt to make you buy things.

No offense but power up?
In a beu?
Power up that are not some shit a-la-smash bros but they're sort of rpgesque?
Lol no, thanks, i'll keep my ttt2

The character that unlocked for me at 30,000 GP was Steve, and I wanted Leo. Screw this, I'm not doing another 30,000 just to get her.

I wonder if you can do the trick that you can do in a lot of smartphone F2P games where you can reset your progress if you delete the local save data, then keep playing the ~3 matches to unlock the first character until you get the one you want.

I wonder if you can do the trick that you can do in a lot of smartphone F2P games where you can reset your progress if you delete the local save data, then keep playing the ~3 matches to unlock the first character until you get the one you want.

I dont see why that wouldn't work, unless everything is just saved on Namco's servers and there is no local save data. I think there is a local save but I never actually checked.

Top Bottom