• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Revolution |OT| You can now really #BUFFLARS

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
If Alisa has a lot of strength, her arm shot is like KO'er in two hits. I think I've only used her like twice too. lol

Today was the 10th day, so I got all the achievements. I'm at a level 22 or something and I'm still at Grand Master. Everytime I get up to a promotion, I end up losing the match. Yet I always win the few matches after that. Its happened twice, so I guess once that promotion comes again I'll rethink the match. I'm using Kazuya as my main, but I'm sticking to Bryan for the moment. I like Paul, but I know this isn't a normal Tekken either.

Lars just spins and wins I guess.

Edit: finally got Brawler at level 23.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
No offense but power up?
In a beu?
Power up that are not some shit a-la-smash bros but they're sort of rpgesque?
Lol no, thanks, i'll keep my ttt2
It isn't really a huge jump from base to buffed.

I played a law today with a power of 80 for example. Only round he took was due to me mistiming law's UB. Still need skill to get away with the buffs.

Every time I make a room in this game I get at least 2-3 people who join with a red name and ask why they can't play. Now I have no problems helping them out, but it's a bit shocking how many people don't seem to read or notice their coins are being used up.

I wonder if you can do the trick that you can do in a lot of smartphone F2P games where you can reset your progress if you delete the local save data, then keep playing the ~3 matches to unlock the first character until you get the one you want.

A sound idea, but I already poured a lot of work into Alisa, and that took a while even with the event multipliers.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
DEATH™;65708291 said:
A public service announcement...

Dilly , a great tekken player/mentor really needs help financially... To be screwed by doing good stuff hurts, but at least we could help him...

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=127387&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

He only needs 375 dollars as I post this. And his payment is due in the end of monday... please pray, donate, or spread the word. Please help this guy... any help will do...

I sent $10. I wish I could of given more at the moment. But I wish him the best.

Manbig

On another note, it's stupid easy to rank up in this game. Case in point...

HNI_0012.jpg

Is it just me, or are the players here no where near the skill level of the TTT2 players? I have been playing on and off for the past three days and I'm at a win loss of like 19 and 4. Playing Paul mostly with some King mixed in. I was quarterfinal level play back in TTT, but never made it to the actual QF tournament, but most of these guys are really bad. Still at Grand Master myself but anyone ranked higher that I have played I have just destroyed them.

Is it just me, or are the players here no where near the skill level of the TTT2 players? I have been playing on and off for the past three days and I'm at a win loss of like 19 and 4. Playing Paul mostly with some King mixed in. I was quarterfinal level play back in TTT, but never made it to the actual QF tournament, but most of these guys are really bad. Still at Grand Master myself but anyone ranked higher that I have played I have just destroyed them.

Well the game is free, so I'm sure plenty of noobs and people who barely play fighters have downloaded it. It's not like there's a barrier to entry or anything.

Anyone just open up a Player Match lobby, and use a Premium Ticket to beat up on all the lower ranks? I mean, should I feel bad for playing against them? I keep getting my ticket refunded for winning the match.

Anyone just open up a Player Match lobby, and use a Premium Ticket to beat up on all the lower ranks? I mean, should I feel bad for playing against them? I keep getting my ticket refunded for winning the match.

Why would you feel bad about playing them? I mean that's what they joined the lobby for, to fight someone. Even if you're kicking their ass if they aren't leaving they obviously want to learn or just don't care. You can also use the opportunity to play with some characters you aren't that great with.

Highest rank in TR is Pugilist. I'm 1 rank away. It's MUUUUUUCH faster and easier to get there here than in Tag 2. A lot of terrible players got to the higher ranks.

You know, I too thought this was done to kinda help accelerate the rate in which players could reach the last rank since in TTT2 it's been like 9 months since release and the highest rank a player legitimately got online is just a Yaksa.

Why would you feel bad about playing them? I mean that's what they joined the lobby for, to fight someone. Even if you're kicking their ass if they aren't leaving they obviously want to learn or just don't care. You can also use the opportunity to play with some characters you aren't that great with.

Yeah, I picked Paul Phoenix for the first time, was surprised his rank as the same as Law's. A little lazy, but hey, it's a F2P game.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member

They boot me out of lobbies when I'm a level 24 Marauder. I show my scrub skills, but I've had a few players rage quit during the matches lately. I get the points either way in ranked.

I know I lose, but I wont quit the match early.

I told myself i would atop playing this game but... Well I finally got to disciple tonight. It's about damn time. I've been getting better too.

I think the reason there's a lot of bad players is because THERE'S NO TRAINING MODE. Good god, who thought that was a good idea? I would gladly pay for one too.

I sunk in and bought premium orbs/tickets/whatever.

Manbig

I told myself i would atop playing this game but... Well I finally got to disciple tonight. It's about damn time. I've been getting better too.

I think the reason there's a lot of bad players is because THERE'S NO TRAINING MODE. Good god, who thought that was a good idea? I would gladly pay for one too.

I sunk in and bought premium orbs/tickets/whatever.

Well it's not just that. It's incredibly easy to force other players to follow a pattern in this game. Tekken has historically been more about having using solid defense to open up your offense and bringing that mentality to this game is more rewarding than ever due to the spam in invincible moves. The existence of these moves also makes people INCREDIBLY predictable. I've lost count of the amount of times that I hit someone with Jack's, they roll back, I run after them, cancel my run into a block, they do their invincible move on wake up, I take off 80+ health.

Now, it's one thing to fall for this once, or even twice, but so many people do this SEVERAL times within one match. The thing that most people who are bad at playing fighting games fail to grasp is the concept of adaptation. I always found this to be interesting. I mean, when you're a kid, you only need to touch the hot stove once to know not to do it again. This clearly does not translate in the same way for most people that play these games though.

Sorry for that tangent. I just find that tidbit to be interesting.

I played 7 matches ( ranked ) tonight

Guess how many kazuya i got ?

What the heck ?

I only play Kazuya because all my preferred characters are not available in this game :/ Kazuya is the "Ryu" of this game so its easy to just pick up and mash EWGF all day every day.

As it is, got my 10 login trophy today. 100% complete. *deletes the game*

i'm doing that today and already downloading TAG2 that i bought for 13$ on the PSN Fighter Sale. Hurrah for no need to have the disc in the tray :D makes impulse playing much faster/easier.

Well it's not just that. It's incredibly easy to force other players to follow a pattern in this game. Tekken has historically been more about having using solid defense to open up your offense and bringing that mentality to this game is more rewarding than ever due to the spam in invincible moves. The existence of these moves also makes people INCREDIBLY predictable. I've lost count of the amount of times that I hit someone with Jack's, they roll back, I run after them, cancel my run into a block, they do their invincible move on wake up, I take off 80+ health.

Now, it's one thing to fall for this once, or even twice, but so many people do this SEVERAL times within one match. The thing that most people who are bad at playing fighting games fail to grasp is the concept of adaptation. I always found this to be interesting. I mean, when you're a kid, you only need to touch the hot stove once to know not to do it again. This clearly does not translate in the same way for most people that play these games though.

Sorry for that tangent. I just find that tidbit to be interesting.
That's a good observation. The presence of these moves don't help though. Like someone else said, I've notice a decline in stupidity when fighting the higher ranks.
I only play Kazuya because all my preferred characters are not available in this game :/ Kazuya is the "Ryu" of this game so its easy to just pick up and mash EWGF all day every day.

i'm doing that today and already downloading TAG2 that i bought for 13$ on the PSN Fighter Sale. Hurrah for no need to have the disc in the tray :D makes impulse playing much faster/easier.
They have TTT2 on PSN?

joeblow

Digital version came a month or two after release (PS3 version). Loading times are about the same, but you never have to put a disc in, and there is no drive noise as you play.

Digital version came a month or two after release (PS3 version). Loading times are about the same, but you never have to put a disc in, and there is no drive noise as you play.

I stand corrected then. I could have sworn it was sooner but I guess my memory was off.

I stand corrected then. I could have sworn it was sooner but I guess my memory was off.
I'm looking at the PS Store now and it says disc only. I'm in USA btw.
Never mind. I see it. PSN search failed me. I had to scroll ALL the way down to the bottom. It says $35 for the game... A little more than I want to spend. I can wait for it to be cheaper.

Mentor status!

So I'm pretty confident with Law now. I'm at the point where when I play another player using Law, I just mimick every move they make but it works out for me better than it did for them. ;)

Manbig

Ran into a Paul with 200 power. What a hilarious match. Dude almost took my whole health bar off with one Falling Leaf juggle. Jack 6 fundamentals too strong in the end though.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Damn I am enjoying this more than T6... I skipped over TTT2 but this is convincing me otherwise 0.0

braves01

Banned
I'm looking at the PS Store now and it says disc only. I'm in USA btw.
Never mind. I see it. PSN search failed me. I had to scroll ALL the way down to the bottom. It says $35 for the game... A little more than I want to spend. I can wait for it to be cheaper.

It's worth the extra though, especially if you keep spending $$$ on premium tokens. It's only ~$28 new on Amazon at the moment.

today:

5 coins, 1 ticket

1st coin = Ranked vs online Kazuya
2nd coin = Ranked vs online Kazuya
3rd coin = Ranked vs online Law
4th coin = Ranked vs online Lili
5th coin = Ranked vs online Kazuya

Won all of them but I'm holding on to the ticket since I don't trust these internet connections.

Oh and surprisingly enough the Lili player gave me the most trouble, guy was abusing qcf+3+4 and sidestepping my wr+3s. Also these people were all higher level then I was but lower ranked. I was a marauder at lvl 15 and these people were Disciples to Brawlers in lvl 30 ranges. I wonder how that all works lol.

PS: Namco please put in either Devil Jin or Lei. This game is making me realize how fun it is playing Lars!
:(

Oh and by the way, does anyone know If you get anything decent out of playing arcade mode? I've just been letting Lars sit in there with the 1+2 buttons on turbo but all I seem to be getting so far is 10 points of EXP.

Oh and by the way, does anyone know If you get anything decent out of playing arcade mode? I've just been letting Lars sit in there with the 1+2 buttons on turbo but all I seem to be getting so far is 10 points of EXP.

you do get 30xp from Ogre! :D

(nah, just gold and tickets every 10/50 arcade mode cleared)

Doomshine

what the hell do you do with a balcony break as Jack? Nothing seems to hit properly so I've going with debugger so I at least get something for it.

finally got around to trying this out, and i'm surprised at how much i love it. how is everyone spending their points? contemplating even mebe picking up ttt2 now.

Top Bottom