• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Revolution |OT| You can now really #BUFFLARS

i always seem to miss gaf lobbies. on the plus side, i just unlocked leo, so i couldn't be more happier. i've been gettin pretty comfy with alisa tho, i must say.

GrayFoxPL

You won't believe who I just fought right now. MainMan. THE MainMan.
I was so happy I dropped the pad and for camera to take the picture :D.
He was destroying me anyway with DJ's electrics. Will post pic when I'm on PC.

Edit: Pic came out shit. Noooooooooooooo! :(

iRbdCZZYs0Gsb.png

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
You couldn't find my room because room shut itself down. Trying to figure out whether it's the game itself, PSN being stupid or both.

Manbig

You couldn't find my room because room shut itself down. Trying to figure out whether it's the game itself, PSN being stupid or both.

It's the game. There are some very obnoxious bugs that cause all sorts of chaos like dropped matches, rooms falling apart, or rooms freezing.

AAK

Yeah this game has tons of bugs, you have to constantly monitor what's going on and such everytime a random disconnect happens. If you do a session today let me know.

Also, Please disable the rpg elements when you make rooms. Less BS in the game. I had a room open for like 2 hours tonight and I fought around 3 savior ranked people in there...they played soooo insanely and it was obvious that they only got there because of their insane stat level.

Ah well, my gold coins are running out and I'm going to be soooo salty when I return to the "only play 5 games every 2.5 hours" club.

GrayFoxPL

I have him on my friends list and I've played private player matches with him.

Feel free to touch me.

Lol, yeah MainMan is a fitting opponent for you. Beasts.

Yeah this game has tons of bugs, you have to constantly monitor what's going on and such everytime a random disconnect happens. If you do a session today let me know.

Also, Please disable the rpg elements when you make rooms. Less BS in the game. I had a room open for like 2 hours tonight and I fought around 3 savior ranked people in there...they played soooo insanely and it was obvious that they only got there because of their insane stat level.

Ah well, my gold coins are running out and I'm going to be soooo salty when I return to the "only play 5 games every 2.5 hours" club.

Yeah the game kept disconnecting on me whole day. Got penalty and lost tickets. I keep wondering is it my net or the game.

AAK

My current skill level in this game does not let me play Hwoarang competitively. Gonna Stick with Leo for now.

EDIT: Also, this game has really trained me to low parry Junkyard. Law is so damn scary in this game you need to capitalize on all the damage you can salvage.. especially with money on the line :(

Manbig

My current skill level in this game does not let me play Hwoarang competitively. Gonna Stick with Leo for now.

EDIT: Also, this game has really trained me to low parry Junkyard. Law is so damn scary in this game you need to capitalize on all the damage you can salvage.. especially with money on the line :(

This game is a very good way to work your way through the low level gimmicks. I actually learned how to punish Lars a bit better. Putting him in a situation where he can't take me to the wall and ass fuck me in one juggle really helps me focus on my defense.

I just feel so terrible when I get wrecked by players who have no points in their characters and my Kazuya has about 70 in power.
I was initially pretty happy about TR ditching the character-based ranking system but it really just prevents you from experimenting with new characters outside of player matches without risking demotion.

AAK

I just feel so terrible when I get wrecked by players who have no points in their characters and my Kazuya has about 70 in power.

I only play non ranked player match with enhancements off. This RPG nonsense doesn't belong in a fighting game unless it's evenly balanced. You get the same amount of gift points as playing Ranked so I don't see the point at all in playing ranked.

Usually these are the players that actually play Tekken.

They are definitely more experienced than me in Tekken, though I have played it casually ever since I was younger, I have only recently started playing it seriously.

It doesn't really help that I use the riskier characters like the Mishimas either.

joeblow

Because the game doesn't have an unraked mode, ranked is the only way to play a constant stream of random opponents without going in and out of lobbies.

GrayFoxPL

Because the game doesn't have an unraked mode, ranked is the only way to play a constant stream of random oppoenents without going in and out of lobbies.

And I noticed if you're high ranked you get opponents in seconds, if low ranked eg. on other account you have to wait long.

LakeEarth

What's a good movement guide for Tekken? I am low on my basic Tekken system knowledge, even how to quick rise and such.

Not that I need it at the Grand Master level. 5 for 5 this morning before work! King baby, whoo!

Manbig

They are definitely more experienced than me in Tekken, though I have played it casually ever since I was younger, I have only recently started playing it seriously.

It doesn't really help that I use the riskier characters like the Mishimas either.

They are among the least risky characters in the game when played properly. The thing is, getting to the level where you can play them properly is among the hardest of the whole cast.

AAK

AAK

I will probably have a lobby tomorrow night.

Hope we can play some legit games. I've been playing this quite a bit lately and at high level matches, it's pretty rare to see people use Invincible moves. I feel like I'm having fun too because when i do win it's because i legitimately played better defense. Any chance you could join us Manny?

i think i ran into one of your alts aak, gg. is ff+2 not jab punishable? i coulda swore i used to get jab punished after it, so that's why i rarely use it anymore. but i couldn't seem to be able to jab punish it. maybe my timing was just slow.

AAK

i think i ran into one of your alts aak, gg. is ff+2 not jab punishable? i coulda swore i used to get jab punished after it, so that's why i rarely use it anymore. but i couldn't seem to be able to jab punish it. maybe my timing was just slow.

OH snap it was you :)

No, Leo's f,f+2 is safe in TTT2. I'm assuming it's safe in TR as well.

They are among the least risky characters in the game when played properly. The thing is, getting to the level where you can play them properly is among the hardest of the whole cast.

Right, perhaps I should have said they are risky if you can't use things like the EWGF to its full potential (I can't when intimidated and frozen by the opponent)

LakeEarth

Here is the absolute basics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-_trL1pZeo

And this is where he goes into the specifics on how to Korean backdash:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLp3Y0PdV94
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGee7eL9Vrk

There you go :)

Thanks, I didn't know how to side step walk, which does a great job at dodging those invincible red flash moves. And I found another guide that taught me how to roll sideways when I land, which is a great help against some characters with forward moving OTG moves that catch you rolling back.

AAK

Damn, I guess I was wrong, my bad. I guess it is punishable... I was just getting away with it all this time haha. But who knows, maybe it is safe in this game?

Doomshine

Damn, I guess I was wrong, my bad. I guess it is punishable... I was just getting away with it all this time haha. But who knows, maybe it is safe in this game?

Isn't it one of those deathfist like moves where it's punishable but it sort of depends on the spacing?

AAK

Isn't it one of those deathfist like moves where it's punishable but it sort of depends on the spacing?

hmm, that would make a lot more sense. I'm no Leo user, just playing her a lot since she was my first unlocked character. Another move like that would be the animal's f,f+2. Damn that move's cheap.

And yes I was just punished for it today. So f,f+2 is probably still -10 in TR.

i don't know. i started using it a lot today to test it out. some people punish it, most people don't. i'm not sure how i feel about it, outside of whiff punishing. i kinda prefer qcf+2/qcf+1.

maybe people see the flash and think they can get a bigger punish. i have no idea how to punish most moves, but when i see the flash i assume its super unsafe. kinda funny when i play alisa. her fff+2 is actually + on block, but everyone wants to try and mash buttons after it. i feel so guilty when i get free launches after it.

AAK

120k gift points..... And I get Jin. Dammit, I wanted the Devil Version!!!!!

It's so nerve racking with 1 ticket left.... trying to keep the x5 multiplier going. But my level is getting too high... at level 36 and beginning to fight more lower level people than higher so I don't get the full 100 gift points in those matches... GRRRRR. I DO NOT WANT to go into ranked with the stat BS ruining everything.

When the vampire eventually gets released they better not make her come randomly only, she better have a guaranteed method for unlocking!

LakeEarth

Worst part of this game (other than Law) is that if the match drops in the first 1-2 seconds of the match, you still lose your token. It's (most likely) the game's fault for not getting a stable connection, why is it punishing me?

GrayFoxPL

Worst part of this game (other than Law) is that if the match drops in the first 1-2 seconds of the match, you still lose your token. It's (most likely) the game's fault for not getting a stable connection, why is it punishing me?

Lately the game keeps disconnecting for me. I even got penalties sometimes, 95% time not. I don't know. When the game started it was way more stable. Maybe to many players now.

Top Bottom